News 2021 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

ST KILDA
PICKS: 9, 55, 62, 66, 67, 85
KEY DEFENDERS: Dougal Howard, Callum Wilkie, Josh Battle, Tom Highmore, Darragh Joyce.
SMALL/MEDIUM DEFENDERS: Hunter Clark, Nick Coffield, Ben Paton, Jarryn Geary, Ben Long, Jimmy Webster, Daniel McKenzie.
MIDFIELDERS: Jack Steele, Brad Crouch, Zak Jones, Bradley Hill, Ryan Byrnes, Dan Hannebery, Seb Ross, Jack Sinclair, Jack Bytel, Leo Connolly.
KEY FORWARDS: Max King, Tim Membrey, Cooper Sharman, Mason Wood, Matthew Allison.
SMALL/MEDIUM FORWARDS: Jade Gresham, Jack Billings, Dan Butler, Jack Higgins, Dean Kent.
RUCKS: Rowan Marshall, Paddy Ryder, Tom Campbell, Max Heath.

The Saints’ list is an intriguing spot. A promising 2020 was followed by a disappointing 2021, although they did recapture form with a strong finish to their campaign. Delisting Luke Dunstan was a surprising decision given his resurgence in form, but the club’s engine room still appears poised to lead a September charge if Jade Gresham and Jack Billings can impact up the ground. They were the second oldest list behind Geelong in 2021. Josh Sinn is rising back up draft boards after sliding throughout the season – and would make sense, too, with St Kilda likely to look at outside run. Neil Erasmus could be available and provides a point of difference as a tall midfielder, while fellow West Australian product Matthew Johnson is a smart ball-user around the mark. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera offers long-term class on the wing and in time, would complement the Saints’ young inside midfielders like Ryan Byrnes and Jack Bytel. All of St Kilda’s picks to follow will revolve around matching bids for academy pair Mitch Owens and Marcus Windhager. Owens is a possible bolter and there is still a chance he is swooped on by a rival in the top 20. The Saints should be safe with Windhager, who comes from an elite junior basketball background but only resumed full training in February this year after returning from an ACL tear. He is an explosive athlete who could one day prove a draft bargain if he is not bid on until later.

Not a bad write up actually. Not all doom and gloom line certain other media outlets.

Will be interesting to see how far our average age falls by the end of the Draft. Might go from 2nd oldest to bottom 5 youngest.

Says Windhager was a possible top 20 at the start of the season? First I've heard of that.

Overall a really good write up
pretty sure before owens blew up with his really really good games just before the season got shut down and before his injury windhager was viewed as the better of the two. On talent he still might be

Says Windhager was a possible top 20 at the start of the season? First I've heard of that.

Well Cal had him at 26 early on, then injured and Mitchi makes a climb whilst Windy fades from interest.
We're pretty lucky this time that both boys haven't been able to demonstrate their abilities consistently enough. We "should" be able to secure all 4 though.

Geez mate, I'd probably remove that part about Milney and replace it with "Malthouse being a twit game"
Lol, why? Malthouse called Milne a rapist. Anyway, enjoy the video...I really don't want to get in a back and forth about something so pointless, I would've assumed everyone understood my comment.

"A recent back injury means that it's likely he'll receive a bid prior to pick 20, allowing the Saints to match"

Does the writer actually know how the NGA's work?

"A recent back injury means that it's likely he'll receive a bid prior to pick 20, allowing the Saints to match"

Think he just left out the word “not”….as in its not likely…

Milne made a mistake when he was young, ( and it wasn't in the vein of "rape" in the traditional sense ), but i like to look at him as a footballer.
Milney giving it to Maxwell around 2:40. He also has way more "forward pressure" than we'd have thought.
Lol ,yeah Sam Fisher is a "little better" than Maxwell as a spare back.
* you Luke Ball.
Jones 2 Baker,2 Blake 2 Gwilt, 2 Fisher, into the fifty. Underrated players in that backline.
Forgot how much i liked Gwilt, not fast, but strong, and skilled .
Look how often Grammy gets down to the forward 50. Silly bugger made himself get pushed into retirement way to9o young.
Dawson 1 on 1 shows how crap he was, only had eyes for the opponent, not the ball.
Whew what a 1/4.

Still won without Roo - Talented side..
Such an emotionally charged game. You could feel it even heading into the ground. Our last game against them was the '09 qualifying final where Roo kicked 5 and we'd beaten them at the MCG. That whole season had a bit of 'backs against the wall' about it, finishing 3rd without Riewoldt for season was incredible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such an emotionally charged game. You could feel it even heading into the ground. Our last game against them was the '09 qualifying final where Roo kicked 5 and we'd beaten them at the MCG. That whole season had a bit of 'backs against the wall' about it, finishing 3rd without Riewoldt for season was incredible.
Milne was basically our full forward without Roo - I remember we even trialled Chips up there for a bit to fill the void

Milne was basically our full forward without Roo - I remember we even trialled Chips up there for a bit to fill the void
Milney was unbelievable during those years. He won our leading goalkicker that year with 57...unfathomable for a small forward these days.

Just came out on YouTube, the Milney rapist game and the Riewoldt hamstring.

One of our best wins of that year IMO.

F*ck me, I hate this Collingwood team. This 2010 St Kilda team however is my all time favourite 22, would happily never watch a single game of AFL ever again if we beat this filth in the granny. FML

Lol, why? Malthouse called Milne a rapist. Anyway, enjoy the video...I really don't want to get in a back and forth about something so pointless, I would've assumed everyone understood my comment.

Just to show a little class and respect to Milney. I'm sure he's sick of people insinuating him with that. Yeah, I don't think anyone could misunderstand a clear and brutal comment like that. Just poor phrasing, mate.

Just to show a little class and respect to Milney. I'm sure he's sick of people insinuating him with that. Yeah, I don't think anyone could misunderstand a clear and brutal comment like that. Just poor phrasing, mate.
I don't particularly care all that much if I'm honest. Primarily because you and any other person with some common sense knew what I was referencing from the start so as long as people understand that, the rest to me seems like unnecessary time spent debating a nothing issue. I'm good with knowing that people understand what I was referencing, and the others who don't I can't help & don't have the energy to explain it to them. Honestly cannot be bothered debating it further. Just enjoy the video, that's what I posted it for.

nah, i think he just left out the word 'won't'

Milne and Schneider basically carried the forward line while Roo was out. Hell of an effort from the two little fellas. Jeez I miss those big games.

ST KILDA
PICKS: 9, 55, 62, 66, 67, 85
KEY DEFENDERS: Dougal Howard, Callum Wilkie, Josh Battle, Tom Highmore, Darragh Joyce.
SMALL/MEDIUM DEFENDERS: Hunter Clark, Nick Coffield, Ben Paton, Jarryn Geary, Ben Long, Jimmy Webster, Daniel McKenzie.
MIDFIELDERS: Jack Steele, Brad Crouch, Zak Jones, Bradley Hill, Ryan Byrnes, Dan Hannebery, Seb Ross, Jack Sinclair, Jack Bytel, Leo Connolly.
KEY FORWARDS: Max King, Tim Membrey, Cooper Sharman, Mason Wood, Matthew Allison.
SMALL/MEDIUM FORWARDS: Jade Gresham, Jack Billings, Dan Butler, Jack Higgins, Dean Kent.
RUCKS: Rowan Marshall, Paddy Ryder, Tom Campbell, Max Heath.

The Saints’ list is an intriguing spot. A promising 2020 was followed by a disappointing 2021, although they did recapture form with a strong finish to their campaign. Delisting Luke Dunstan was a surprising decision given his resurgence in form, but the club’s engine room still appears poised to lead a September charge if Jade Gresham and Jack Billings can impact up the ground. They were the second oldest list behind Geelong in 2021. Josh Sinn is rising back up draft boards after sliding throughout the season – and would make sense, too, with St Kilda likely to look at outside run. Neil Erasmus could be available and provides a point of difference as a tall midfielder, while fellow West Australian product Matthew Johnson is a smart ball-user around the mark. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera offers long-term class on the wing and in time, would complement the Saints’ young inside midfielders like Ryan Byrnes and Jack Bytel. All of St Kilda’s picks to follow will revolve around matching bids for academy pair Mitch Owens and Marcus Windhager. Owens is a possible bolter and there is still a chance he is swooped on by a rival in the top 20. The Saints should be safe with Windhager, who comes from an elite junior basketball background but only resumed full training in February this year after returning from an ACL tear. He is an explosive athlete who could one day prove a draft bargain if he is not bid on until later.
Wouldn’t be a proper saints review article without mentioning were the ‘2Nd oLdEsT LiSt’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back