Memberships 2021 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 55,832)

Remove this Banner Ad

I havent seen any emails as yet.

I have three today, one with the offers, an NB one and a AFLW one. They are bombing my inbox. I deleted them, now after reading you guys I've dug mine out of the trash, I read one and assumed they were multiple of the same. I have a few memberships on one email.

I got level one reserved seating on one of the memberships. I don't know what the others get. Hopefully we can get 4 together though if we have reserved seats. Only got an email for one of them. I might call the club and try to resolve it. I didn't save the password for my account which should have them all in one place. I have a few roll over ones that I got as free memberships for people who didn't have a previous membership. They are on my credit card so want to stop those as well. I'll see if they'll let me give that to them again seeing as they didn't use them.

I got level one reserved seating on one of the memberships. I don't know what the others get. Hopefully we can get 4 together though if we have reserved seats. Only got an email for one of them. I might call the club and try to resolve it. I didn't save the password for my account which should have them all in one place. I have a few roll over ones that I got as free memberships for people who didn't have a previous membership. They are on my credit card so want to stop those as well. I'll see if they'll let me give that to them again seeing as they didn't use them.
Christ gringo lol
giphy (44).gif

Got the same as you - somewhat underwhelming, but not too fussed. Not really interested in going there - if we’re even allowed to go to games. I’m a level 3, reserved seat member.
I wonder if it’s based on years of membership?
It might be for people with higher category memberships since there is less upgrade available to offer.

I was hoping they might provide two options to pick between - they did that this year where there was an option to attend an exclusive train session or a 'meet the recruits' event or a voucher. Was great being able to pick something you were interested in.

Free entry to all away games in Melb or a free membership. Will take the latter to boost membership numbers.

Also now ultimate SC membership guaranteeing GF seats when we make it next year.

+1

Minus the ultimate SC package. Will have to check where I am with that

I got an upgrade to an ultimate level 2 reserve seat. I've never had a reserve seat but have always had an ultimate general admission membership. Pretty happy all up.

I always buy my partner a 3 game membership (which she never uses) and this has been upgraded to an 11 game membership.

I also buy a toddler membership for my two year old (2 year member now) and this has been "upgraded" to include a plush football.

Now I wonder if the $20 I sling to have my dog a pet member gets an upgrade? Personal dog grooming by Steven Baker maybe?

My guess is 55,000+.
Hard to say. I think it will be lower now everyone knows it's unlikely we'll be allowed to go to games in significant numbers next year, but that drop probably will be mitigated by the fact that there is an expectation that we'll be playing in the 2021 finals and can give the whole thing a shake. Overall, I'll go for 47000 or thereabouts. Hoping for more obviously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not one for knee jerk statements, but sorry St Kilda, if we give Jarryn Geary another contract I'm going to cancel my membership. Not permanently but until I'm convinced that the club is being run intelligently.

He's been a great servant, but the time has come - if the club don't recognise that, I won't trust them with my money. The bare minimum of what I expect is that he be allowed to retire and put out to pasture, if we still need him in the team then we have serious problems.

Well, I guess I've changed my mind here. If Gears relinquishes his captaincy and is used sparingly as role player or depth, I don't have anything against him bowing out gracefully in the following years. I hope that younger better skilled players are able to push him out eventually but he's become the life and soul of the club.

I wrote this after the West Coast game, I was pretty disappointed with how ineffective he was during that, but he redeemed himself in the following matches.

Last edited:
Do we know if the "L1 reserved bay upgrade" is equivalent to the goal zone, or is it elsewhere?

I have an 11-game membership with the goal zone option. The letter I received says I'll get 'member exclusive content' but my e-mail links me to the victory room access which is nice. My partner has an 11-game membership, but received the 'L1 reserved' upgrade. Hoping that means free goal zone access?

Membership and/or upgrades held in season 2021 will auto renew for season 2022 at RRP. Members may opt out or return to previously held membership category at the conclusion of the 2021 season

People need to be made aware of this. It's pretty shady to try and do something like this. Try to catch some people unaware in 12 months time.

People need to be made aware of this. It's pretty shady to try and do something like this. Try to catch some people unaware in 12 months time.
Pretty shady but also pretty expected.

I suspected that this might just be a mechanism to get people to upgrade - every company offering services online nowadays has the old 6 Months Free trick to get you hooked before they actually make you work to stop being charged.

I agree it sucks on one hand that St Kilda FC is now operating like a regular modern business and not the old fashioned uncommercial concept of a club, but that is the reality of the professional sporting club nowadays with rare exceptions and ours is more desperate than many for cash so if you were being charitable to the club you'd at least console yourself with the fact that they are at least operating smoothly.

More cynical minds might rail against the club for trying to con its very lifeblood - if this year has shown us anything, it's the difference that a stadium full of fully supporting supporters makes to a football match. Witness the half arsed fake atmospheres the clubs and league scrambled to provide, cardboard cutouts and canned applause, indeed! Pah! They need us a lot more than we need them, or at least just as much, so how's about a little R.E.S.P.E.C.T.?

Well it is a kind of respect. But we need to be realistic - they need as much of our cash as we can give them if they want to do more than exist on the lowest rung of the AFL commercial ladder.

I'm hoping that they will make the cancellation of the upgrade as easy as pressing a button in twelve months, but more realistically we'll have to spend a little but more effort getting back to the plan we had to avoid paying extra.

Anyway jwikked thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:
So in 2022 i dont get a voucher for twenty bucks but go back to choosing a cap scarf or beanie for free??
Yeah i doubt that

Also mrs mentioned that the scarf wont have the member 2021 on it this year as we are choosing items instead...and how many would they know how to embroider
??

Is everyone getting the voucher now?
So no cap scarf beanie option for any membership??

And if youre putting memberships on the site, put them all up at once not the main ones now and the rest later.
Do the whole show at once

2cents
Go saints
47151 total

every organisation does this, its just not the saints. everyone always has to look at the Ts & Cs.

It’s a dishonest practice that shouldn’t be accepted. How many people aren’t going to be aware of it at this time next year wondering why they’re missing a whole lot more money.

and everybody needs to read the Terms and Conditions and understand what they sign up to and why they sign up. People should not assume that when you sign up to a website, / a product/ a membership etc etc what it is you are buying and for how long. I know that if i buy a 6 months $15 month discounted digital Age subscription, it says in the Ts and Cs that at the end of the six months it will return to the normal price unless you cancel the subscription.

I hear that!!
Be sad to get no year on the scarf imo

Yep a scarf is a necessary part of membership.

My young bloke had his footy colours day today (public holiday tomorrow and student free day on Friday here in Hobart) and he said to me at if I get stirred about having the scarf only because the Saints actually won a final I can point to the to the year on the scarf. The scarf was my 2011 membership scarf.

Needs to continue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back