Memberships 2021 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 55,832)

Remove this Banner Ad

We got the dog's Christmas gift a week ago.
What you tell everyone gringo is that it's this year's Xmas pressy and you got in early to beat the rush.

They'll think your a gold class organizer.

What you tell everyone gringo is that it's this year's Xmas pressy and you got in early to beat the rush.

They'll think your a gold class organizer.

My dog doesn't do Christmas, I think it might be muslim.

I'd like to see the breakdown of actual paid members.

My kids were given free Saints membership through AusKick.

Free doesn't count to the tally.

i had a seriously awesome experience with the membership team today. i didn't think it was possible i would get a good outcome but the guy from the membership team handling my issue ended up chasing it up with WCE and Ticketmaster and was able to get a seriously awesome outcome for me!

the guy was awesome!!

given how effective he was i should have asked him if he could fix the Rowan Marshall covid issue too!!!

i had a seriously awesome experience with the membership team today. i didn't think it was possible i would get a good outcome but the guy from the membership team handling my issue ended up chasing it up with WCE and Ticketmaster and was able to get a seriously awesome outcome for me!

the guy was awesome!!
That's really great to hear St.C.

I can say that in the last 2/3 years I have found the people that I've dealt with were extremely professional.

A couple of times I have been pleasantly surprised that they have gone that "extra mile"

Kudos to them I say !

That's really great to hear St.C.

I can say that in the last 2/3 years I have found the people that I've dealt with were extremely professional.

A couple of times I have been pleasantly surprised that they have gone that "extra mile"

Kudos to them I say !
Same with me

Have contacted them a couple of times the last 2 to 3 years and they could not be more helpful

I'd like to see the breakdown of actual paid members.

My kids were given free Saints membership through AusKick.

The Yarra Junior Footy League offered a free 3 game membership to every kid who plays in that comp (which is the biggest in Australia).

A Collingwood 3 game membership of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to be too pessimistic, but it is going to be interesting to see what the membership campaign entails next year. With so much hope of continued improvement this year and optimism that crowds would return, the sell pretty much did itself. Much tougher challenge now after a disappointing year with few opportunities to get to games after the initial stage of the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see that number drop off a fair bit. Hopefully they can keep it above 50k.

Not to be too pessimistic, but it is going to be interesting to see what the membership campaign entails next year. With so much hope of continued improvement this year and optimism that crowds would return, the sell pretty much did itself. Much tougher challenge now after a disappointing year with few opportunities to get to games after the initial stage of the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see that number drop off a fair bit. Hopefully they can keep it above 50k.
We've never had a decrease of over 5k so we'll definitely be above 50k again.

We've never had a decrease of over 5k so we'll definitely be above 50k again.
These times are also quite unique. Since membership tallies have been recorded, there has never been such uncertainty as to whether or not people can attend games. There is going to be understandable uncertainty from people in handing over hundreds of dollars after two years of not being able to go to games often.

These times are also quite unique. Since membership tallies have been recorded, there has never been such uncertainty as to whether or not people can attend games. There is going to be understandable uncertainty from people in handing over hundreds of dollars after two years of not being able to go to games often.
Uncertainty has seen our membership increase by 7000 this year - our biggest jump in history.

Uncertainty has seen our membership increase by 7000 this year - our biggest jump in history.
Yeah, it's possible that it doesn't have the impact that I'm predicting but I think it's quite a different feel to last year. For whatever reason, there was a strong sense of optimism at the end of last year that things would get back to relative normality this year. I think a second year running of crowdless games will put a major hurdle compared to last season. Perhaps things will change once vaccination rates increase. It's all guesswork, but the sentiment from Saints fans is quite different now to this time last year. A strong season last year overrode most anxieties fans had about crowds. Considering how poor this year has been, I expect there will a far bigger wait and see approach when it comes to memberships. I'm not necessarily saying I expect memberships to plummet below 50k, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I could be wrong and hope I am though.

Yeah, it's possible that it doesn't have the impact that I'm predicting but I think it's quite a different feel to last year. For whatever reason, there was a strong sense of optimism at the end of last year that things would get back to relative normality this year. I think a second year running of crowdless games will put a major hurdle compared to last season. Perhaps things will change once vaccination rates increase. It's all guesswork, but the sentiment from Saints fans is quite different now to this time last year. A strong season last year overrode most anxieties fans had about crowds. Considering how poor this year has been, I expect there will a far bigger wait and see approach when it comes to memberships. I'm not necessarily saying I expect memberships to plummet below 50k, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I could be wrong and hope I am though.
Nah we usually retain really well, I think we are the best club in the league for retaining members. I think all the last 12 months has showed is that we are extremely loyal and love our football club. Dropping under 50k just won't happen based on previous results, I wouldn't even expect us to drop 3k.

Looking at the consistent increases in membership of the last 5 years I actually would be less surprised if we increased membership again next year. Our growth in membership has been irrespective of form (obviously).

Nah we usually retain really well, I think we are the best club in the league for retaining members. I think all the last 12 months has showed is that we are extremely loyal and love our football club. Dropping under 50k just won't happen based on previous results, I wouldn't even expect us to drop 3k.

Looking at the consistent increases in membership of the last 5 years I actually would be less surprised if we increased membership again next year. Our growth in membership has been irrespective of form (obviously).
We’ve gone down in membership tallies in 4/10 years. In another year we went up by just 200 members. This idea that we are some extra special branch of loyalty is based on nothing. I hope you’re right, but every time in the past decade where we have had an increase in memberships, it has been on the back of a perceived position of readiness to improve. There is pretty much no expectations for us to get our s**t together.

We’ve gone down in membership tallies in 4/10 years. In another year we went up by just 200 members. This idea that we are some extra special branch of loyalty is based on nothing. I hope you’re right, but every time in the past decade where we have had an increase in memberships, it has been on the back of a perceived position of readiness to improve. There is pretty much no expectations for us to get our sh*t together.
I didn't say the last 10 years, I said the last 5 years. 4 of those years we have increased membership - and we've never increased it by as much as we did in 2021 - a pandemic year.

What do you mean it's based on nothing lol? Look at the retention rates, look at the increases. Your last sentence proves it. You say there's no expectation yet we've increased membership by 13,000 in the last 5 seasons.

I didn't say the last 10 years, I said the last 5 years. 4 of those years we have increased membership - and we've never increased it by as much as we did in 2021 - a pandemic year.

What do you mean it's based on nothing lol? Look at the retention rates, look at the increases. Your last sentence proves it. You say there's no expectation yet we've increased membership by 13,000 in the last 5 seasons.
There are certain factors that lead to membership increase. The most easily achieved for an ordinary team is change. Be it board, coach or player personnel - they are the three primary reasons for increases in membership. Aside from the end of 2020, those three reasons account for any increase in membership. The most clear and seperate factor to those three reasons is on field performance. That accounts for our 2021 increase.

There are certain factors that lead to membership increase. The most easily achieved for an ordinary team is change. Be it board, coach or player personnel - they are the three primary reasons for increases in membership. Aside from her end of 2020, those three reasons account for any increase in membership. The most clear and seperate factor to those three reasons is on field performance. That accounts for our 2021 increase.
I also think hard work is a factor. Our membership team couldn't be doing any more to help build the base. We've gone up something ridiculous since Finnis stepped through the door, I have to have a look but I think it's over 20,000 members since he joined. We have consistent 2-3k increases over the last few years, I think it's pretty much impossible for us to drop almost 6,000 members in one season and fall below 50k again. I suspect we will never be under 50k again which is great news.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 60k next year, it's only 4.5k away and we've shown in non finals years we have managed to build to near that amount.

In any event, to suggest that we would fall below the number we're at now is a stretch but to suggest we fall 6,000 and under 50 is just implausible - it's never happened at any point in our history. And I get it, people think because it's a pandemic and money's short that people will save but we've actually seen the complete opposite happen to our club. We have rallied behind it, we know how important it is to financially support St.Kilda and we love our club. The amazing thing about the last 2 years is that we've gained the most amount of members in 2021 than any other season in our history - considering the time we are living in it's quite special.

I think we increase again in 2022 because deep down I reckon good St.Kilda or bad St.Kilda, the supporters just want to support a St.Kilda.

I've had these conversations before on here - like at the end of 2019 everyone telling me membership would drop from the Richardson fiasco but we increased by 6,000.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back