Team Mgmt. 2021 starting 22

Remove this Banner Ad

B Francis - Hurley - Ridley
HB Hind - Cox - Heppell
C Caldwell - Parish - Merrett
HF Langford - Stewart - Perkins
F Tippa - Wright - Stringer
R Draper - McGrath - Shiel
Int. Laverde (HF) - Redman (HB) - Smith (mid/fwd) - Zaharakis (mid/fwd)
Emg. Clarke - Ambrose - Guelfi - Hooker

Play the kids early. Long-term plan would be Brand or Reid to replace Hurley and Eyre to replace Wright. Cox seems to prefer playing as a KPD so would start him there. Heppell as the wise head quarterback in the backline where he started his career as I think his hard nosed inside mid days are probably past him but still an excellent decision maker. Zaharakis only just makes it for this 22 based on team balance

Expected R1 lineup (injuries permitting)

FB: Ridley Ambrose* Francis
HB: Redman Hurley Hind
C: Langford Shiel Zerrett
HF: Perkins^ Stewart Smith
FF: Stringer Wright McDonald-Tipungwuti
RU: Draper McGrath Parish
IN: Caldwell Heppell Guelfi Snelling

EMG: Hooker* Zaharakis^ Laverde

* it will be one of the two, but not both
^ wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if this is reversed

I think that over a 22 game season the over/under for wins is 7.5 for that team. I would hold off on blooding Jones/Brand/Eyre/Reid/Cox until later in the year when the season is likely over due to being out of the finals race and there is no pressure.

Before then the first 1/2 of the year needs to be used to see what we have in guys like Laverde/Snelling/Ham/Clarke/Guelfi. If we decide they arent in our long term future, blood someone else who is.

B Francis - Hurley - Ridley
HB Hind - Cox - Heppell
C Caldwell - Parish - Merrett
HF Langford - Stewart - Perkins
F Tippa - Wright - Stringer
R Draper - McGrath - Shiel
Int. Laverde (HF) - Redman (HB) - Smith (mid/fwd) - Zaharakis (mid/fwd)
Emg. Clarke - Ambrose - Guelfi - Hooker

Play the kids early. Long-term plan would be Brand or Reid to replace Hurley and Eyre to replace Wright. Cox seems to prefer playing as a KPD so would start him there. Heppell as the wise head quarterback in the backline where he started his career as I think his hard nosed inside mid days are probably past him but still an excellent decision maker. Zaharakis only just makes it for this 22 based on team balance

KPFs would obliterate that defence, Hurley can't really stand a genuine FF these days, and Cox is about 15kg too light.

Cox as a wing / flank is more likely where we'll see him early I'd think.

Midfield of: Parish, Shiel, Mcgrath, Caldwell and Merrett is going to be well and truely beaten up by round 10 next year. Still surprised we didn’t go for one of the cheap, big, inside mids that were on offer this year to give them a chop out.

Midfield of: Parish, Shiel, Mcgrath, Caldwell and Merrett is going to be well and truely beaten up by round 10 next year. Still surprised we didn’t go for one of the cheap, big, inside mids that were on offer this year to give them a chop out.
We went for Hibberd last year and didn't even use him in the right position.

We're loaded with forwards now. Laverde perhaps...
Funnily enough, he did have that small stint in there last game against Melbourne... :think:

KPFs would obliterate that defence, Hurley can't really stand a genuine FF these days, and Cox is about 15kg too light.

Cox as a wing / flank is more likely where we'll see him early I'd think.
Cox is listed at 87kg and after a pre season may get to 90. Dustin fletcher played at age 17 and 92kg but obviously he was an all time great. Zerk thatcher is 86kg and playing CHB. I really hope we dont waste this kid Cox on a wing / flank as it will stagnate his development. Hurley is our best FB available with Ridley 3rd man up

Cox is listed at 87kg and after a pre season may get to 90. Dustin fletcher played at age 17 and 92kg but obviously he was an all time great. Zerk thatcher is 86kg and playing CHB. I really hope we dont waste this kid Cox on a wing / flank as it will stagnate his development. Hurley is our best FB available with Ridley 3rd man up
Both Weitering and Andrews played 19 games year 1

I think 90ks is plenty as a 3rd tall which he will start as

Im happy to give these kids a bit more time developing because of the reduced PS and increased time off

But by round 5-6 and if not going well then maybe just pick 1 of Hurley/Ambrose after that and play Cox with Francis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think his best position in future is likely to be a ultra-tall wingman / utility.

Playing him at CHB year 1 is a poor long term decision in my opinion.

I think his best position in future is likely to be a ultra-tall wingman / utility.

Playing him at CHB year 1 is a poor long term decision in my opinion.
Yeah I agree. I know Cox sees himself as a backman but his athletic traits and height are too good to ignore. The sooner we get Cutler out of there, the better.

I don't particularly care about losing games next year. Reid, Brand and BZT continuing to learn their craft from Hurley and Hooker is fine by me. Apparently Francis has really hit the gym as well.

Not exactly muscular in comparison is what I mean. Not quite Christian Bockish but not far from it either.

These photos? He looks fine to me, a lot of these guys take time to look like an elite athlete. He actually looks like he’s got reasonably solid (for a 200cm 18 year old at least) legs.

These photos? He looks fine to me, a lot of these guys take time to look like an elite athlete. He actually looks like he’s got reasonably solid (for a 200cm 18 year old at least) legs.

...which is why I said he's got work to do. He looks like he's got big bones, but seriously, his thighs look near the same thickness as his lower legs.

I'll have a crack

B: Francis Ambrose Hind
HB: Ridley Hurley Redman
C: Langford Caldwell Merrett
HF: Jones Stewart Tipungwuti
F: Stringer Wright Smith
R: Draper McGrath Shiel
INT: Parish Heppell Perkins Snelling
EMG: Laverde Zaharakis BZT

You could swap Hurles with BZT. Either or to be honest. Left Hurls in just for the added experience and body size.
Would persist with Perkins (resting him when needed) also bring in Cox for some games.
Solid midfield rotations coming off the interchange as well.

Hope I haven't missed anyone.

Surprised lots of people leaving Snelling out of their starting 22 - I think he’s a lock. I also have high hopes for Ham in 2021 and like the idea of our captain Heppell off half back

B: Ambrose BZT Ridley
HB: Heppell Hurley Hind
C: Merrett McGrath Ham
HF: Langford Stewart Snelling
F: Stringer Wright Tippa

R: Draper Parish Shiel

INT: Laverde Caldwell Perkins Francis

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surprised lots of people leaving Snelling out of their starting 22 - I think he’s a lock. I also have high hopes for Ham in 2021 and like the idea of our captain Heppell off half back

B: Ambrose BZT Ridley
HB: Heppell Hurley Hind
C: Merrett McGrath Ham
HF: Langford Stewart Snelling
F: Stringer Wright Tippa

R: Draper Parish Shiel

INT: Laverde Caldwell Perkins Francis

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No Smith or Redman?

No Smith or Redman?
I have both in the side but it's easy to see how Redman misses given he was out of the side at the end of the year

FB Ridley Hurley Redman
HB Cox Ambrose Hind
C Merrett Parish Caldwell
HF Jones Stewart Langford
FF Tippa Wright Stringer
R Draper Mcgrath Shiel
Ic Heppell Francis Smith Snelling

- Perkins will be around the mark early
- Laverde in the mix
- Bzt edged out by Ambrose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back