Team Mgmt. 2021 starting 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I know there has been puff pieces about Hurley forward, but the wording i saw indicated it was to get him familiar again in the emergency case we had to. He still starts back imo

Redman Hurley Ridley
Francis Hooker Hind
Zerrett McGrath Langford
Stringer Jones Smith
Snelling Wright McDonald-Tipungwuti
Draper Parish Shiel
Caldwell Heppell Laverde Cahill

I know there has been puff pieces about Hurley forward, but the wording i saw indicated it was to get him familiar again in the emergency case we had to. He still starts back imo

Redman Hurley Ridley
Francis Hooker Hind
Zerrett McGrath Langford
Stringer Jones Smith
Draper Parish Shiel
Caldwell Heppell Laverde Cahill
No room for J Stew

Pretty sure you’ve described the exact role Snelling was playing last year that had him Top 10 in the BnF

No hate he’s getting the most out of his ability but he isn’t a really similar to Bolton whose much more dynamic. He can’t kick long or cover ground quickly or can’t compete aerially. He’s more a Lambert whose a decent player none the less.

No hate he’s getting the most out of his ability but he isn’t a really similar to Bolton whose much more dynamic. He can’t kick long or cover ground quickly or can’t compete aerially. He’s more a Lambert whose a decent player none the less.

Oh no argument that Snelling doesn’t have the ceiling Bolton does, just that he’s playing that role you described.

He’s not a bad player to have as your bottom half of the 22 type; works hard, does the team first stuff, plays his ‘role’ as much as the word is overused. I’d prefer a team of Snelling’s getting the most out of themselves than a team of guys relying on talent and not willing to put the work in.

Round 1:
B: Francis - Hooker - Redman
HB: Heppell - Stewart - Ridley
C: Langford - McGrath - Merrett
HF: Smith - Jones - Snelling
F: Laverde - Wright - McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: Draper - Caldwell - Shiel
HF: Parish - Cox - Ham - Cahill

With Hurley looking to be pretty much ruled out for round 1 and Stringer looking unlikely or 50/50, I’ll go with something like

B Francis - Hooker - Ridley
HB Hind - Stewart - Heppell
C Langford - McGrath - Merrett
HF Snelling - Jones - Smith
F Tippa - Wright - Laverde
R Draper - Parish - Shiel
Int. Caldwell - Redman - Cahill - Ham

I know Laverde is training down back, but I’m struggling to see another option who sounds like they will be ready for round 1. Other options are probably Zaka who is listed to return ”early rounds” and Perkins who sounds like he has had a pretty limited training load.

With Hurley looking to be pretty much ruled out for round 1 and Stringer looking unlikely or 50/50, I’ll go with something like

I know Laverde is training down back, but I’m struggling to see another option who sounds like they will be ready for round 1. Other options are probably Zaka who is listed to return ”early rounds” and Perkins who sounds like he has had a pretty limited training load.
This side should still get the job done. Stringer would just round it out nicely. Might have to swing Hooker forward to try and jag a couple. Parish, Caldwell and Langford can score as well.

So Hurley and Stringer in doubt for R1.

Redman Hooker Ridley
Francis Stewart Hind
Zerrett McGrath Langford
Laverde Jones Smith
Draper Parish Shiel
Caldwell Heppell Ham Cahill

Spot on. Laverde definitely should play up forward round 1, and as things stand one of Hooker or Stewart. We simply need another big bodied forward besides 2MP and its a bit much to ask young Jones to effectively be our 2nd big forward. Another option could be we play Phillips round 1 in the ruck which free's up Draper to play forward.....might not be the worst option....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As things stand:

Aaron Francis - Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - Mason Redman
Nick Hind - Cale Hooker - Jordan Ridley
Kyle Langford - Jye Caldwell - Zachary Merrett
Archie Perkins - James Stewart - Harrison Jones
Will Snelling - Peter Wright - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
Sam Draper - Andrew McGrath - Dylan Shiel
Dyson Heppell - Darcy Parish - Devon Smith - Brayden Ham/Matt Guelfi

As things stand:

You think Perkins plays? Would be great but i thought it was fairly slow going with him? No Ned?

You think Perkins plays? Would be great but i thought it was fairly slow going with him? No Ned?
Yes, and I think Hind and Redman get first crack at the small defenders/half back positions.

As things stand:

Really like this line up ethan & I think as things stand now you've probably nailed it.
You could make a case for Laverde, Cahill, Guelfi & possibly Cox, but we cant really consider usual best 22 starters Stringer/Hurley/Ambrose & Zakka given their interrupted pre-seasons so the above line-up is about as good as it gets right now

Last edited:
As things stand:

Stewart has trained in defence all summer.

If he plays, it is going to be as a KPD in place of BZT.
Perkins has barely trained except for the last 2 weeks as well.

Like Redman and Hind. Perkins hasn't done much this preseason yet. He's not a walk-up start. Should earn it. I'd go with Laverde for now, and Ham before Guelfi.
If Perkins is out, both Ham and Guelfi play for me
Stewart has trained in defence all summer.

If he plays, it is going to be as a KPD in place of BZT.
Perkins has barely trained except for the last 2 weeks as well.
Well with all our supposed key forwards out apart from Wright I chose to swing him forward instead.

B: Guelfi - Francis - Redman
HB: Hind - Stewart - Ridley
C: Cox - Caldwell - Merrett
HF: Langford - Hooker - Harrison Jones
F: Snelling - Wright - McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: Draper - McGrath - Shiel
I: Heppell - Parish - Smith - Snelling
Think Frang gets exposed a bit as a Key Defender. Hooker could start back and then swing forward. I like the look of the side though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back