2022 Super Rugby season

Apr 28, 2021
Paddy's Pub
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
All Blacks
I think i finally understand why nobody cares about union in Australia and everyone just follows league.

Super rugby just wasn't a sustainable tournament format.
I reckon the current domestic + Trans Tasman games are a better option, however the kiwi skills are on another level.

Super rugby just wasn't a sustainable tournament format.
I reckon the current domestic + Trans Tasman games are a better option, however the kiwi skills are on another level.

It was working at Super 10’s and 12’s.

The way they should of went was similar to the format now.

SA: Bulls Sharks Lions Cheetahs Stormers
NZ: Blues Chiefs Hurricanes Crusaders Highlanders
AU: Reds Waratahs Rebels Force Rebels
Pacific: Hong Kong Singapore Japan Pasifika US or Argentina
Top 2 of each division play off for winner of the division then top four play off for winner.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
I thought the Brumbies gave as good as they got and with a bit of luck could’ve beaten the best club side in the world

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
It was working at Super 10’s and 12’s.

The way they should of went was similar to the format now.

SA: Bulls Sharks Lions Cheetahs Stormers
NZ: Blues Chiefs Hurricanes Crusaders Highlanders
AU: Reds Waratahs Rebels Force Rebels
Pacific: Hong Kong Singapore Japan Pasifika US or Argentina
Top 2 of each division play off for winner of the division then top four play off for winner.
South African teams would be hard to work in any context due to geographical constraints and time zones. The only problem with the 10's structure is that as a full home and a way season there aren't really enough games.

Not sure how the 12 team comp will work next year. The 2 additional sides will for the most part be based in either aus or nz and will likely be your standard home and away structural, but could be split into 2 conferences who play each other twice (plus finals), and then play the other conference once (whether that be separate comps like this year or a combined system).

South African teams would be hard to work in any context due to geographical constraints and time zones. The only problem with the 10's structure is that as a full home and a way season there aren't really enough games.

Not sure how the 12 team comp will work next year. The 2 additional sides will for the most part be based in either aus or nz and will likely be your standard home and away structural, but could be split into 2 conferences who play each other twice (plus finals), and then play the other conference once (whether that be separate comps like this year or a combined system).

That's why it could have stayed as i suggested by playing home and away in your own division for home, away, home for 12 games then say 1st into GF and 2 and 3 playoff for the other spot for 14 total games a season, then playoffs.

As for the Pasifika and Fiji teams it will help them out but how will they set up the zones?
I would rather see them be in the NZ zone and bring in Japan and Singapore (South East Asia) into the AU zone.

Round 1 results

Highlanders 40 d Queensland Reds 19
NSW Waratahs 48 def by Hurricanes 64
Crusaders 31 d Brumbies 29
Rebels 3 def by Blues
Western Force 19 def by Chiefs 20

Rd 2
Hurricanes v Rebels
Western Force v Highlanders
Blues v Waratahs
Chiefs v Brumbies
Reds v Crusaders

Shock horror Joe Powell again how did this peanut play for Australia.

ive only just started to follow union but christ i can tell this guy is no good.

We do have some great players coming through the junior ranks but they get taken by bigger clubs here and over seas.
If you visit the Rugby Vic site you can see them.
Rugby AU should have dumped the Brumbies and not the Force and this would have helped the Rebels to gain more players.

It's just absolutely pointless these trans transman games.

the gap in talent level is staggering.

I here you.
The talent is spread way to thin in Australia, I mean we probably have almost the same amount of people in Australia as New Zealand that play but they have it ingrained into them in the womb compared to some of us playing as a joke or back up to something else.
The AU needs to concentrate hard on certain areas or the game here will be worse than soccer soon.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
1622494762753.png

Little wonder even over here the crowds for the Trans Tasman comp are well down. In Auckland last Saturday the crowd for the win over the Brumbies was terrible, and Aucklanders are renowned for only supporting a winning side so that's not an excuse this time around. The 4 game tournament is likely have 4 sides finish undefeated and rather than a semi final it's just top 2 into the final so bonus points and points differential will come into it.

I'm going to tip the Reds to get an upset win at home as the Blues aren't immune to a choke.

Back