Teams SuperCoach Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't find a draft thread.
So i'm just gonna post my draft team here. 12 teams,15 players each.
Reckon I did well, had pick#2 in a snake draft.
Didn't pick a FWD until just before the 100s, then just went for full breakout from there.
Draft.JPG

Couldn't find a draft thread.
So i'm just gonna post my draft team here. 12 teams,15 players each.
Reckon I did well, had pick#2 in a snake draft.
Didn't pick a FWD until just before the 100s, then just went for full breakout from there.
View attachment 1066045
That backline is a thing of beauty 👍

if theres anyone thats serious about doing a draft this year and is looking for a league I may a some spots open in my league, feel free to message me

What was the order of the first round picks?

Gawn, Grundy, Neale, Danger, Steele, Petracca, Goldy, Oliver, Lloyd, Fyfe, Macrae, Bont.

What's the thoughts of having a SC Draft League next year ......how popular is it, and would the demand be there ?

Happy to have feedback :)
I'd love to be apart of it, especially if it's a long-term format (either keeper/dynasty or just the same folks getting together every year). I started an all-USA league this year (that's been harder to fill than I thought it'd be) but I doubt it'll be a raging success so I'll be down to help start something we can rely on every year!

great idea id be in.
im also lookng for a league if anyones starting one
Look in the Other League thread ....think there's few who will be seeking players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just playing around with my Draft team and wondering who you guys think would be better. Luke Breust or Jack Higgins?

Hey all - looking for one more person to fill out my league. Was hoping to find only Americans (either born & raised or currently living in the states) but fear I won’t find a final player in time.

If anyone is interested in claiming the last spot, hit me up (12 team league, 15 players, 24-hour draft clock that starts in the next 8 hours)

Are there any draft leagues around looking for another coach? Wouldn't mind a crack at the format this year

So who are everyone's late-round forward prospects? My draft is tonight and the forward pool is shallow. I don't wanna load up early on mediocre scoring forwards and miss out on premium mids, but I also don't want to be left with absolute dregs in the later rounds. Tricky balancing act!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

So who are everyone's late-round forward prospects? My draft is tonight and the forward pool is shallow. I don't wanna load up early on mediocre scoring forwards and miss out on premium mids, but I also don't want to be left with absolute dregs in the later rounds. Tricky balancing act!

Look at players like Tom Atkins even Peter Wright you will probably get very late.

Yes, this worries me also. Doing my first SC draft tonight and not really sure the strategy to take as all but a handful of forwards look atrocious. I'm in an 8 team league with 4-5-1-4-5 format. If I look at the 28th - 32nd best forwards (i.e. the last on field forwards - F4), the approx average of those players is 75.

Conversely, if I look at the 35th -40th best mids (i.e. the last on field mids - M5), the approx average is 97 (with plenty of good, proven players still available).

As such, there is a real temptation to fill F1-F4 as early as possible and pick M3-M5 as the last on field picks in the draft and still get guys avering 95-100 that are left over. That's a 20 point bonus over picking the guys at F3/F4 who will average 75.

Then the question becomes, how much points do you sacrifice picking forwards earlier over gun mids. I'm not sure (as I said first time) but I think if you are only losing 5-8 points on average (i.e. Dunkley 104 over a mid that averages 110), then you will make it back at the end of the draft.

Would love to join in a Draft league before tomorrow!!
Otherwise I could create one with the draft either being tonight or tomorrow morning?
Would be good to get about 8-10 supercoaches involved

Let me know folks

Would love to join in a Draft league before tomorrow!!
Otherwise I could create one with the draft either being tonight or tomorrow morning?
Would be good to get about 8-10 supercoaches involved

Let me know folks

Yes, this worries me also. Doing my first SC draft tonight and not really sure the strategy to take as all but a handful of forwards look atrocious. I'm in an 8 team league with 4-5-1-4-5 format. If I look at the 28th - 32nd best forwards (i.e. the last on field forwards - F4), the approx average of those players is 75.

Conversely, if I look at the 35th -40th best mids (i.e. the last on field mids - M5), the approx average is 97 (with plenty of good, proven players still available).

As such, there is a real temptation to fill F1-F4 as early as possible and pick M3-M5 as the last on field picks in the draft and still get guys avering 95-100 that are left over. That's a 20 point bonus over picking the guys at F3/F4 who will average 75.

Then the question becomes, how much points do you sacrifice picking forwards earlier over gun mids. I'm not sure (as I said first time) but I think if you are only losing 5-8 points on average (i.e. Dunkley 104 over a mid that averages 110), then you will make it back at the end of the draft.

you need/needed to check out www.tooserious.net - what you are describing is value based drafting and it is definitely the best way to go about it. I used a similar strategy to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back