Teams 2021 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Who are you selecting in your starting Team - Vote Yes to Multiple Players, Votes can be changed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Thought I would try a different tack for trying out a new team and look at price brackets instead of positions to start with:

600+ X 4 Players
500 - 600 x 6 Players
300 - 500 x 6 Players

Then choosing best scoring potential/ best value players regardless of positions . Then filling in the gaps.....

This could be a good method for the community team??

Have gone full MPM with this one. Cheapest player on field is Powell.

Relying on a few guys like Zilliams, Duggan, Taranto, Heeney to reach keeper level, but if they do then I've got a starting team with 12 keepers and with a few midpricers who only need to make 100k or so to be easy early season upgrades.

Aliir also gives me a proper POD which is a bit of fun. Could drop him to Hayden Young if I need a bit of quick cash to make a change though.

D0233FF2-82DF-40B2-9976-1638535F5905.jpeg
74A86F0D-7DC1-4A1B-9B79-56C23FBB8B45.jpeg

Have gone full MPM with this one. Cheapest player on field is Powell.

Relying on a few guys like Zilliams, Duggan, Taranto, Heeney to reach keeper level, but if they do then I've got a starting team with 12 keepers and with a few midpricers who only need to make 100k or so to be easy early season upgrades.

Aliir also gives me a proper POD which is a bit of fun. Could drop him to Hayden Young if I need a bit of quick cash to make a change though.

View attachment 1067938
View attachment 1067939
That team could be 1st place by round 3, then 80000 by round 20.

Mid-pricers can GAGF!

Mid-pricers have burnt me too many times in the past, time to try a GnR team. I think we'll be fine with rookies in the end

There's a few mid-pricers I'm interested in, but I need to see them smash it in the preseason matches, then I will suss out adjustments

With a bit of luck, one of Ziebell/Daniher/Impey/Dow can become an ~85 averaging F6 until a very late season luxury trade

$60k in the bank to adjust the rookies where required

View attachment 1067810

no trealor

That team could be 1st place by round 3, then 80000 by round 20.

Yeh, 80k if he doesn't make ANY trades. That strategy works well if you nail your rookie selections and you're an agressive trader. With very few rookies on-field you can upgrade them much faster than traditional GnR teams then it's just a matter of upgrading whichever mid-pricers aren't pulling their weight.

Yeh, 80k if he doesn't make ANY trades. That strategy works well if you nail your rookie selections and you're an agressive trader. With very few rookies on-field you can upgrade them much faster than traditional GnR teams then it's just a matter of upgrading whichever mid-pricers aren't pulling their weight.

Especially this year when rookie cash generation looks like it's going to be shithouse anyway.

I think people are going to need to lower their expectations of what a 'completed' team looks like in 2021. I don't think guys like Williams, Duggan, Taranto, Heeney are going to look out of place in a top side at the end of the year. And I think a lot of those midpricers will make the same amount of cash as if not more than a James Rowe, Harrison Jones or Jacob Koschitzke type.

That said I have gone a bit more traditional since posting that side, Taranto down to Bruhn and Aliir up to Dusty through Cox's DPP. Also swapped Lloyd to Piggy Oliver through Laird's DPP, I just feel like Lloyd is one sensible decision about Dawson taking more of Sydney's kick-ins away from losing 10 ppg.

Powell still the cheapest player on my field though, which I'm hoping holds until Round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair every year people say cash generation is gonna be no good and rookies always pop up. Going in with that many midpricers means you have sacrificed at the end of ya team aswell
To be fair there’s no Walsh Rowell rookie player this year the players rated were key position players which don’t score well in SuperCoach

Come on we didn’t no they were gonna be as good as they were.
phillips, Campbell etc could be just as good you don’t no that.
Neither were standout players in their juniors Phillips had to contend with Rowell and Anderson Campbell played NEAFL not sure how he went last year with the NEAFL disbanded

Bit light on captaincy options dont you think ? Who's the VC for Gawn ?
Or you happy to choose between Gawn , Gawn then maybe Gawn all year ? ROB a perma VC ?

I wont get any sleep until you add at least one stud puppy at M1 or D1/F1 to save on the pregame Gawnstress.

Your last few teams have been better.
The list you posted yesterday of rookies likely to play round 1 had 17 who were forward eligible.
Surely out of those 17 you can find one who is worth playing on field.
If that was my team i would move caldwell to the mids.
You also dont have great captaincy options. Gawn and the maybes.
my 2c

Bit light on captaincy options dont you think ? Who's the VC for Gawn ?
Or you happy to choose between Gawn , Gawn then maybe Gawn all year ? ROB a perma VC ?

I wont get any sleep until you add at least one stud puppy at M1 or D1/F1 to save on the pregame Gawnstress.

SP Crippa 4 VC but when you have perma-captain Gawny there is no need for a VC is there? :)

Your last few teams have been better.
The list you posted yesterday of rookies likely to play round 1 had 17 who were forward eligible.
Surely out of those 17 you can find one who is worth playing on field.
If that was my team i would move caldwell to the mids.
You also dont have great captaincy options. Gawn and the maybes.
my 2c

Cripps: "Am I a joke to you"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back