Teams 2021 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Who are you selecting in your starting Team - Vote Yes to Multiple Players, Votes can be changed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I'm scared for everybody forking out $513k on a 26 year old with a career high average of 83* and 5 seasons averaging below 67.

*Not including 10 rounds of football in a pandemic year.

Even if he shaved his head and changed his name to Luke McAblett I wouldn't be putting him anywhere near my side.

But if you are brave enough...

Fair enough. Cripps is a lock for me and I've gone Gaff over Walsh for now. 30k more but probably a safer pick

Nothing wrong with Gaff > Walsh

Those mid premos 105+ are all safe, and the difference may be negligible anyway.
Though I do think Walsh hasn't hit his ceiling, and is killing it training at the coalface.

Rockliff looked good late last year, but your hand is firmly on it now.

Cripps got 3 x tons, and 3 x 90's after the bye, during Walsh's breakout 2nd half last year.
Has also been inside mid during the pre-season, and is killing it (but aren't they all?)
Cripps was injured - true

Couldn't care what scores he was scaled up too

Nothing wrong with Gaff > Walsh

Those mid premos 105+ are all safe, and the difference may be negligible anyway.
Though I do think Walsh hasn't hit his ceiling, and is killing it training at the coalface.
Yeah I agree. My reasoning for Gaff is because I currently have Cerra at M5. As much as I'd love to have Walsh and Simpkin etc they won't all break out. So I'm trying to pick as many safe players around Cerra, who I'm hopeful can average 105+

Yeah I agree. My reasoning for Gaff is because I currently have Cerra at M5. As much as I'd love to have Walsh and Simpkin etc they won't all break out. So I'm trying to pick as many safe players around Cerra, who I'm hopeful can average 105+

Good call. I don't have Cerra/Simpkin/Taranto types. Walsh is my pick for breaking out, albeit he's $50k-$100k or so more than those guys.

Having too many breakouts could pay off, but could also be disastrous!

I can see Cerra going big, he's an incredible talent. I think Brayshaw might be the man to challenge him though.
I also think Fyfe will still play plenty of mid minutes and go 110+, he's just too good to leave in the forward line, even 50/50.

Good call. I don't have Cerra/Simpkin/Taranto types. Walsh is my pick for breaking out, albeit he's $50k-$100k or so more than those guys.

Having too many breakouts could pay off, but could also be disastrous!

I can see Cerra going big, he's an incredible talent. I think Brayshaw might be the man to challenge him though.
I also think Fyfe will still play plenty of mid minutes and go 110+, he's just too good to leave in the forward line, even 50/50.
No doubt about Fyfe. If he wasn't so injury prone he would be a lock in my side at that price, regardless of role.

I started Brayshaw last year and it paid off, so now I'm putting my faith in Cerra. 101 average post bye and didn't score below 80 during that period. Apparently one of their best in the intra club, and looks to have secured a more permanant midfield role. Now that he's past that 50 game milestone, I'm expecting him to have an excellent season.

View attachment 1062487View attachment 1062489

Draft #1000 so far of the pre-season.. preferred structure starting to take place.

Rookies placeholders for now.

Green just ahead of hately, Heppell, rozee, Caldwell for the $350k mid price spot for now

Want to find a way to get ziebell in instead of Daniher but not sure who I want to sacrifice yet

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
View attachment 1062487View attachment 1062489

Draft #1000 so far of the pre-season.. preferred structure starting to take place.

Rookies placeholders for now.

Green just ahead of hately, Heppell, rozee, Caldwell for the $350k mid price spot for now

Want to find a way to get ziebell in instead of Daniher but not sure who I want to sacrifice yet

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

3 cheap defensive rookies is a risky strategy, since none are guaranteed a guernsey, and it appears to are light on at the bank. Laird to defense, replaced by Dunkley or Danger in the midfield. You may need to downgrade one of your super premos so that you can upgrade a rookie to Ziebel/Impey in the forwards.
Still a bit light in defence IMO but certainly have the super premos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team atm after about 20 drafts, have ummed and ahhhed about mills or duggan both obviously extremely risky picks rest of the team im happy with.

Also hoping for some POD explosion in the middle

I like the Wines pick a lot, could really pig out in a successful team and with no injury concerns.

He's been my M3 from day one. Looks in ripping nick and had a fabulous second half of the season last year. Underpriced.

Yes I have Wines atm.
Port will be top 4 and I expect Wines to improve again
Wouldn’t the relative TOG come back down this year?
The 189 pushes the average up a fair bit (not saying it shouldn’t count at all, just don’t think it will happen often).
Never seemed to be able to accrue enough possessions to overcome the DE issues when I tried him in the past.
Not knocking the pick, understand the reasoning, not sure I could go him.

He's been my M3 from day one. Looks in ripping nick and had a fabulous second half of the season last year. Underpriced.
Has made it into my side after a total restructure and a word from a respected Port nuffie if I run with this mid premo set up and join the anti Rowell brigade, Titch subject to fitness.
D9F33793-AC48-4541-A4E7-6748FC529BC2.jpeg

Last edited:
Gone off Williams after reading the article today about the 50\50 midfield split with J.Martin.

Add to that he is a bit injury prone so I've gone a bit cold on him now.

Have had Walsh once or twice but just prefer Cripps in my team to be honest.

Still think Walsh will have a pretty good season though and average between 105-110.
How much midfield was Williams playing in 2016-2019 when he was averaging 90-100 for GWS?

If Williams is going to play 50% mid and 50% half back then I think that's a great mix.
If he is playing 50% mid 50% fwd - bit more concerning..

I think Cox will be the same low scorer McAsey was and im not convinced Caldwell is great value but i like the rest.

Pending on wookie backs we might have to take a Cox .

DGB hoping he gets a gig RD 1.

Any cheap wookie back please raise your hand ...

Pending on wookie backs we might have to take a Cox .

DGB hoping he gets a gig RD 1.

Any cheap wookie back please raise your hand ...

Perhaps a Chugg Cox combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back