Teams 2021 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Who are you selecting in your starting Team - Vote Yes to Multiple Players, Votes can be changed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Life altering decisions made on the daily for this team

Backline: Really happy with this, even the rookies could stay for Round 1

Mids: I mean, its very very risky having 3 high-mid prices in there but you have to risk it for the soggy biscuit this year, rookies will be chopped and changed all pre season except for players like Phillips and Valente

Rucks: Set and forget, Flynn hopefully plays

Forwards: More risk then going into a brothel without protection, Rozee, Rayner and Caldwell could all go 90+ or could also have 2/3 average below 80, just gotta pray for the beast. Still pondering on if I should go Daniher, Ziebell or Impey, but due to my kanga kanga kanga roo roo roo Nuffie mindset, I believe Ziebell could go ahead and have a great season, rookies looking good

Tell me your guys thoughts on it, loving the teams on here as well as it has given me some cheeky ideas 23:2 team 2.png

Life altering decisions made on the daily for this team

Backline: Really happy with this, even the rookies could stay for Round 1

Mids: I mean, its very very risky having 3 high-mid prices in there but you have to risk it for the soggy biscuit this year, rookies will be chopped and changed all pre season except for players like Phillips and Valente

Rucks: Set and forget, Flynn hopefully plays

Forwards: More risk then going into a brothel without protection, Rozee, Rayner and Caldwell could all go 90+ or could also have 2/3 average below 80, just gotta pray for the beast. Still pondering on if I should go Daniher, Ziebell or Impey, but due to my kanga kanga kanga roo roo roo Nuffie mindset, I believe Ziebell could go ahead and have a great season, rookies looking good

Tell me your guys thoughts on it, loving the teams on here as well as it has given me some cheeky ideasView attachment 1063857

There's a bit of risk there in bringing all of LDU, Rayner and Caldwell into the R1 side. However they all have been flagged to improve/breakout so you could get lucky. Grainger-Barras is too expensive for mine for a rookie defender with a low ceiling ... Cox (midfield role) or Chapman (can find out) could be better options if they are named for R1. Cockatoo is one to avoid and currently has a hammy.

Yeah im feeling a bit frisky about having all of them in, the one I'm mostly confident in is Caldwell but we'll just see how everything turns after the practise matches. I was hoping DGB would be having a big ceiling and taking intercept marks galore but thank you for the other options, whom I will now look into. Also I thought Cockatoo was flying during pre season? f me sideways, this is large

Yeah im feeling a bit frisky about having all of them in, the one I'm mostly confident in is Caldwell but we'll just see how everything turns after the practise matches. I was hoping DGB would be having a big ceiling and taking intercept marks galore but thank you for the other options, whom I will now look into. Also I thought Cockatoo was flying during pre season? f me sideways, this is large

IMHO LDU, Rayner and Caldwell don't have much of a chance in being keepers. At those sort of starting prices ($400k+) there needs to be a reasonable possibility that they will be, so personally I wouldn't go there.

View attachment 1063747
View attachment 1063748

First time poster in the fantasy boards, any suggestions I should be looking at?

feel like I might be a little light in the forwards, thinking if there’s a few mid rookies I’ll downgrade one of the mids and go another forward premo
thomas is an intereting pick.
slated to play wing/high hf.
Could work well but i think its a year early.

View attachment 1063752
Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Stick to your gut as you obviously fancy a few of these players that aren’t in many teams. I prefer Ziebull to Thomas but would love to hear your thoughts as to why Thomas.
Cockatoo pretty much ruled out for round 1.
Way too much cash left over, spend it.
Think about your captain options as well.

Thomas isn’t locked in 100% but got him there over ziebell as I’m not sold on ziebell being a high scorer even with his potential position move. I could be totally wrong here but think he’s disposal will get found out trying to navigate out of the backline

got the cash saved at the moment to see which rookies get named and then will use what’s left to potentially change a mid pricer into a premo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why most going Laird over Whitfield
Whitfield is out injured for anywhere from 6 weeks to 12 weeks, with a bruised Liver

Poor old Lachie went to Here2tellyouwhy 's place for a beer and a scotch and tried to keep up.
He's lucky to be alive.

Also got a concussion out of it. Poor Lachie. He never stood a chance.

giphy.gif

What a joke. Be plenty of 50 metre penalties if this is carried through. May as well use witches hats. Can understand if the player decides to play on but surely has no effect on the game if he kicks long.

Its note a joke kent, it's lolFL

Nice side, like the DPP deployments to the MIDs and the flexibility it gives you in taking the value where you see it.
Have seen a couple with Short, finished last year off well and would benefit from the kick-ins / defenders copping 50m penalties for lateral breathing is the thinking?

Nice side, like the DPP deployments to the MIDs and the flexibility it gives you in taking the value where you see it.
Have seen a couple with Short, finished last year off well and would benefit from the kick-ins / defenders copping 50m penalties for lateral breathing is the thinking?

Thanks. Yeah I suspect DPPs will be more important than ever this year. I'm going to try and load up on as many as I can.

You'd expect the new kick in rules to benefit a player like Short who take the lions share of kickouts, Stewart as well. I was just trying out a team with Lloyd at D1 (I had Stewart there before) I like the SP Defs much more than the Mids this year. All of Lloyd, Laird, Stewart, Short, LMac and Doch have been in and out of my side. ZW, Witho & Duggan also enticing options for D4. Then you have Ryan, Daniel, Mills, Ridley et al. With so much uncertainty with the SP mids it makes more sense to have Laird in the mids for now and load up on SP Defs that you think can exploit the new rules the most. Need to see how it all plays out in the practice games first though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back