Teams 2021 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Who are you selecting in your starting Team - Vote Yes to Multiple Players, Votes can be changed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Plenty of rookies floating around, just not many in the backline.
Luckily for me I was already planning on stacking the backline, so it didn't impact my structure.
Hopefully only need to make 1 def upgrade for the year, already planning that will be Whitfield coming back from whatever strange injury he's already caused himself this year.
A Fyfe already set to be my loophole and opens up the Laird DPP swing.
Hopefully Kosi gets a gig, would rather start him over Cox and keep the 50k change.

Haven't changed my team too much from my last post.
Heppell looked s**t the other day and Rozee's foot has already worried me that he won't play 22 games despite still playing well in the praccys, turned them back into Danger, appears to be fit and Geelong's opening draw is just too good.

Dunkley the only other change I think, after Bevo outright said that the blokes gonna get Bevo'd again this year, turned him into Butters and used the leftover coin to get Campbell in after seeing him play a bit the other day.

Gawn and Grundy still god.
Screenshot_20210303-102335~2.png Screenshot_20210303-102326~2.png

Luckily for me I was already planning on stacking the backline, so it didn't impact my structure.
Hopefully only need to make 1 def upgrade for the year, already planning that will be Whitfield coming back from whatever strange injury he's already caused himself this year.
Hopefully Kosi gets a gig, would rather start him over Cox and keep the 50k change.

Heppell looked sh*t the other day and Rozee's foot has already worried me that he won't play 22 games despite still playing well in the praccys, turned them back into Danger, appears to be fit and Geelong's opening draw is just too good.

Dunkley the only other change I think, after Bevo outright said that the blokes gonna get Bevo'd again this year, turned him into Butters and used the leftover coin to get Campbell in after seeing him play a bit the other day.

View attachment 1068883View attachment 1068884
Love it! Just about the only other GnR side I've seen on here recently.

What's your reason for not starting one of Oliver/Trac/Macrae? Do you just think they're overpriced?

This is my latest version. I hope to sit on it for a while now.
Gone with the premos whom I deem as must have, other players who I think are value or will break out.

Forward line is sh*t but that's where all the value is to build up the other lines.
My midfield is pure sex imo.

Anywho - Have at it folks!

View attachment 1067587

lol Duggan

Love it! Just about the only other GnR side I've seen on here recently.

What's your reason for not starting one of Oliver/Trac/Macrae? Do you just think they're overpriced?

Just can't see them matching their starting prices.
I would be surprised if we had more that 3 players go the whole season at 120+.
I reckon Gawn and Grundy are back at #1 & #2.
Neale probably the top mid, anywhere from 120-125.
Scoring as a whole will drop back to what it used to be before coronaball scores.
Last year was very much a case of the rich getting richer.

Petracca I am a little bit wary off coming off a breakout in a strange year. Looked great the other day, would rather wait and see if he can keep it up for full length quarters before committing, it's not like he's going to go much higher in price even if he crushes this season as well.

Might be too many cooks at the Dogs, love Macrae, normally my first picked, but Bevo is gonna Bevo. Wait and see.

Oliver is great. Reckon he goes at 115ppg.
I reckon JKelly manages the same. JKelly is cheaper.

Strict Gun and Rookies for Life! 🤓

View attachment 1068974
giphy.gif

Just can't see them matching their starting prices.
I would be surprised if we had more that 3 players go the whole season at 120+.
I reckon Gawn and Grundy are back at #1 & #2.
Neale probably the top mid, anywhere from 120-125.
Scoring as a whole will drop back to what it used to be before coronaball scores.
Last year was very much a case of the rich getting richer.

Petracca I am a little bit wary off coming off a breakout in a strange year. Looked great the other day, would rather wait and see if he can keep it up for full length quarters before committing, it's not like he's going to go much higher in price even if he crushes this season as well.

Might be too many cooks at the Dogs, love Macrae, normally my first picked, but Bevo is gonna Bevo. Wait and see.

Oliver is great. Reckon he goes at 115ppg.
I reckon JKelly manages the same. JKelly is cheaper.
Oliver also hasn't missed a game since his first year. Kelly has missed 7, 8 and 3 in the past three seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca I am a little bit wary off coming off a breakout in a strange year.

Different prices of courses, but I see you have LMac at D4 who had a 2020 that could easily be described the exact same as Petracca?

Wish I could find a way to get Jayden Short in my side too. Rate that bugger but can't fit him in with my current favourite structure.

Different prices of courses, but I see you have LMac at D4 who had a 2020 that could easily be described the exact same as Petracca?

Wish I could find a way to get Jayden Short in my side too. Rate that bugger but can't fit him in with my current favourite structure.

Fair point.

My issue with Petracca is if he can play out full games, most of his points were scored at the start of quarters, and primarily in the first half of the game. Last year there was ridiculous scaling, and Petracca had an awesome year, so he was one of the many beneficiaries.
That said he looked perfectly fine in the scratchie the other day, but then again it's just a scratchie.
He's probably going to still be a great scorer, but how much can improve to really burn non owners?

McDonald exploded because of extremely SC friendly role. Did he improve much as an actual player? I don't think so.
He was putting up something like 118ppg for the last 10 weeks, priced at only 95.
Trac is already priced at 118.

Corr will certainly take some of the kickout freebies, and I can't see the Ziebell experiment working out, so happy to still back him.
He got +5 more kicks outs a game in the back half of the season , which is helpful maybe +20 a game if they were all effective? But doesn't account for the entire almost 60ppg difference from his first 7 games to his last 10.
His new role is made for SC, the kick outs were just the cherry on top.

And if he turns out to be a bust I'll just move him on to one of the other dozen appealing DEF options.

Yeah, I said Oliver is great.
Perhaps misread the tone of your original post. Wasn't trying to pump Oliver's tyres, was more just trying to emphasise why he may be worth that extra 50k (FWIW I've had Jelly for the past 2-3 years).

Fair point.

My issue with Petracca is if he can play out full games, most of his points were scored at the start of quarters, and primarily in the first half of the game. Last year there was ridiculous scaling, and Petracca had an awesome year, so he was one of the many beneficiaries.
That said he looked perfectly fine in the scratchie the other day, but then again it's just a scratchie.
He's probably going to still be a great scorer, but how much can improve to really burn non owners?

McDonald exploded because of extremely SC friendly role. Did he improve much as an actual player? I don't think so.
He was putting up something like 118ppg for the last 10 weeks, priced at only 95.
Trac is already priced at 118.

Corr will certainly take some of the kickout freebies, and I can't see the Ziebell experiment working out, so happy to still back him.
He got +5 more kicks outs a game in the back half of the season , which is helpful maybe +20 a game if they were all effective? But doesn't account for the entire almost 60ppg difference from his first 7 games to his last 10.
His new role is made for SC, the kick outs were just the cherry on top.

And if he turns out to be a bust I'll just move him on to one of the other dozen appealing DEF options.

Feel the same about Trac. Really looking forward to seeing what he can do this season in full-length games. I also expect Melbourne to be a more consistent side which he may benefit from as well. Haven't considered him yet but will definitely look to bring him in if his 2020 form continues.

LMac has a bit of the Jason Johannsiens about him for mine. Looked a Supercoach premium for a short period of time and people were happy to run with him for a couple of years following it, but he eventually ended up being injured or a yo-yo scorer.

If i'm proven wrong then yourself and the other LMac owners will owe a lot of us a big 'I told you so' however.

Heppell looked sh*t the other day and Rozee's foot has already worried me that he won't play 22 games despite still playing well in the praccys, turned them back into Danger, appears to be fit and Geelong's opening draw is just too good.

View attachment 1068883View attachment 1068884

I like it. It's quite similar to my "preferred" Rd1 set-up.

Skinner vs Birch
Short - Docherty
JKelly - Oliver
Mitchell - Macrae
WPhillips - Heppell
Butters - Ziebell
Ralphsmith - Powell
Bank 2k - Bank 7k

Only a couple of changes since my last side post

Ling is in
Macrae out for Neale

I want to utilise Gawn and Grundy as my VC/C as much as possible, so do I really need Neale? Then again, if he goes mental, when and how will I bring him in?

I am a bit worried about 12 keepers though, especially seeing all these teams with 13-15 (I know they're mid-pricers, but still...)

I can downgrade Mills (Short) and Neale (Andy Brayshaw) to turn Ziebell into Butters, but we'll see

$34k in the bank
1614743637721.png

Only a couple of changes since my last side post

Ling is in
Macrae out for Neale

I want to utilise Gawn and Grundy as my VC/C as much as possible, so do I really need Neale? Then again, if he goes mental, when and how will I bring him in?

I am a bit worried about 12 keepers though, especially seeing all these teams with 13-15 (I know they're mid-pricers, but still...)

I can downgrade Mills (Short) and Neale (Andy Brayshaw) to turn Ziebell into Butters, but we'll see

$34k in the bank
View attachment 1069075
Love that booty, reminds me of Kylie in those gold hot pants...ggrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back