T20I 2021 T20 World Cup - Australia v South Africa - 23 October 2021 9pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon Starc has more than used up his credits at this point. Cummins was the far superior bowler on Saturday/

They won't do it but frankly Kane Richardson is the better option

It worked Saturday, but surely three seamers is not going to be sustainable for the whole tournament. And if you're dropping someone on form, I'd be dropping Starc. Bring in Agar or Swepson.

Whoever we are bringing in has the same problem they have barely played in months. Whoever we went gave 1 we sort of have to keep.

Need to change up the line up ASAP and make it more versatile.
in- Inglis, Agar
Out- Cummins, Wade

1. Warner
2. Stoinis
3. Maxwell
4. Smith
5. Marsh
6. Finch
7. Inglis
8. Agar
9. Starc
10. Zampa
11. Hazlewood
Your ins make sense, but your outs don't.

Agar in for Starc.
Inglis in for Warner... though probably give him another game to see if he comes good.

Stoinis should bat in the top 3 instead of Marsh.

Wade to open if Inglis replaces Warner.

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Your ins make sense, but your outs don't.

Agar in for Starc.
Inglis in for Warner... though probably give him another game to see if he comes good.

Stoinis should bat in the top 3 instead of Marsh.

Wade to open if Inglis replaces Warner.

Who would opposition rather face warner & starc or the other two?!

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Reckon right now, every batter in the world would rather face Starc than Cummins, in all formats.

Warner & Starc can win matches in quick order. Other two are solid & maybe in better nick but opposition would much rather warner & starc out

Who would opposition rather face warner & starc or the other two?!
If you watched game, clearly Starc would be the bowler of choice for any opposition.

Imo, we only need the 2 quicks & Hazelwood & Cummins clearly are in better form. Richardson would be a better choice if we were to pick a 3rd quick.

Did you actually watch the game?

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
If you watched game, clearly Starc would be the bowler of choice for any opposition.

Imo, we only need the 2 quicks & Hazelwood & Cummins clearly are in better form. Richardson would be a better choice if we were to pick a 3rd quick.

Did you actually watch the game?

Form doesn't matter because if Starc can turn it around he'll win match. Agar & inglis don't have that capacity.
West Indies were always more dangerous with Brian Lara even if his form was dreadful, because he had that potential for a big innings

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Form doesn't matter because if Starc can turn it around he'll win match. Agar & inglis don't have that capacity.
West Indies were always more dangerous with Brian Lara even if his form was dreadful, because he had that potential for a big innings
Agar is entirely capable of grabbing a couple of key wickets, which can win you a game, just as Inglis is capable of smashing a half century. T20 games can turn on a single moment, so form is more important than ever.

I understand what you're saying but at what point do the credits in the bank run out? Maybe Starc is not in bad form, maybe he's cooked. And if you keep him in the team on potential, you're basically telling people there's no consequence for not performing.

Your living in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Agar is entirely capable of grabbing a couple of key wickets, which can win you a game, just as Inglis is capable of smashing a half century. T20 games can turn on a single moment, so form is more important than ever.

I understand what you're saying but at what point do the credits in the bank run out? Maybe Starc is not in bad form, maybe he's cooked. And if you keep him in the team on potential, you're basically telling people there's no consequence for not performing.

That's the dilemma. I always back big time players for what's it worth

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
How many times does he have to post -
“I understand what you're saying but at what point do the credits in the bank run out?”

Just once - I understand perfectly what the poster is saying. Selectors know players out of form but stick with them for reasons I've stated

Just once - I understand perfectly what the poster is saying. Selectors know players out of form but stick with them for reasons I've stated
Yeah, JL has a habit of backing in out of form players... but let's face it, he is a mental midget & one of the worst Australian coaches in my lifetime.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Starc nearly cost us the game!

He did actually take two wickets including the leading run scorer for SA Markram who was just starting to look ominious.....so you could make the argument that he actually won us the game by getting rid of SA leading runscorer for the game

Yes he did bowl poorly but the way some people are carrying on you would think he went for 0/50 off four..

Yes he can be better but a bit of perspective please....if he bowls poorly coming up ...yes he is in the gun to be dropped

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah, JL has a habit of backing in out of form players... but let's face it, he is a mental midget & one of the worst Australian coaches in my lifetime.
Langer seems like a complete bellend, but I can't agree with that assessment. He took over an absolutely shambolic team that had allowed a pretty awful attitude and culture to fester among the players. He then guided a gutted team to narrow losses against Pakistan and India before comfortably accounting for Sri Lanka, retaining the Ashes in England against all odds, and easily beating Pakistan and New Zealand before last summer's loss to India. His record as Test coach is certainly sound.

He also has a good record coaching WA. The issue is, I think, he's intense and a bit of a dick. If a team buys into his approach and gets along with him, like WA did, he's quite successful, if he puts players offside, like he appears to have done with the national team, cracks appear. There's definitely been worse coaches, probably starting with the one before him.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Langer seems like a complete bellend, but I can't agree with that assessment. He took over an absolutely shambolic team that had allowed a pretty awful attitude and culture to fester among the players. He then guided a gutted team to narrow losses against Pakistan and India before comfortably accounting for Sri Lanka, retaining the Ashes in England against all odds, and easily beating Pakistan and New Zealand before last summer's loss to India. His record as Test coach is certainly sound.

He also has a good record coaching WA. The issue is, I think, he's intense and a bit of a dick. If a team buys into his approach and gets along with him, like WA did, he's quite successful, if he puts players offside, like he appears to have done with the national team, cracks appear. There's definitely been worse coaches, probably starting with the one before him.

yup good post Jack 100% agree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back