T20I 2021 T20 World Cup - Australia v South Africa - 23 October 2021 9pm AEDT

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pretty comfortable win in the end but boy SA is terrible. Pretty horrible standard all round. And when Temba Bavuma is captain, you know the country does not take the game seriously. :) QDK's terrible shot was always in the end for them. Neither side deserves to get out of the group though.

FMD.
Marsh is coming off 2 good series.

Wade, Finch and Warner need to go before him.

The coach needs to go first

What has he actually done aside from bring Lab in and he had to wait till Smith got whacked in the head to do that

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
And I was thinking what a terrible start to the tournament after South Africa's innings.

Got really interesting in the end, good match, even if a low scoring one. Teams need to stop having a 200 benchmark and think 140 might be a winning total on certain wickets.

Can’t play Stoinis and Marsh in the same side IMO. Virtually the same player , same hitting areas and give the same value in the field/ with the ball.

Different players. Marsh is one of the few hitters we have. Both will play. Ideally fat boy Finch wouldn’t play but unfortunately he’s captain.

Ohitsthatguy

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
And I was thinking what a terrible start to the tournament after South Africa's innings.

Got really interesting in the end, good match, even if a low scoring one. Teams need to stop having a 200 benchmark and think 140 might be a winning total on certain wickets.
Must be nice to have a T20 World Cup immediately following the IPL ;)

He literally just won us the game...

I’d say that was Hazelwood thanks. The batsmen just crabbed along trying to out derp themselves! It was like watching 22 James Bells out there

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Different players. Marsh is one of the few hitters we have. Both will play. Ideally fat boy Finch wouldn’t play but unfortunately he’s captain.

No they aren’t they are virtually the same. Both “power “ hitters that hit to the same area. Marsh looks horrible against spin, Stoinis slightly better.

No they aren’t they are virtually the same. Both “power “ hitters that hit to the same area. Marsh looks horrible against spin, Stoinis slightly better.

Marsh is one of our better players of spin actually.

The issue is the top order mainly openers and our fat useless captain somehow is still there

Haze bowled okay but SA's batting is sh*te. They have so many players who are not world class.

He was the reason we weren’t chasing 150+ because Starc tried his best to bowl enough pies

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
If we're picking between Marsh and Stoinis I'm picking Marsh

Marsh won us games overseas

But most people don't follow our games overseas, huh
If we're picking between Marsh and Stoinis I'm picking Marsh

Marsh won us games overseas

But most people don't follow our games overseas, huh

If you read what I first said I said Finch surely has to go but they won’t pull the trigger. Can’t see how you can play Finch Marsh and Stoinis in the same side.

Back