List Mgmt. 2021 Team & Beyond...

Remove this Banner Ad

That Simpson and Clark cant make the best22 is not ideal
Not for me. Perfectly ideal.
We should aspire to being the hardest team to get into, and if young players don’t want to put in the hard yards to usurp others (Fogarty) then sayonara.

Draft someone willing to do the hard grafting

Given the outs are Taylor and Ablett it makes sense that Blic covers FB, Higgins covers Ablett's HF role. Cameron CHF. Rohan out- needs to prove he is worthy.
Sav also comes in to assist in ruck duties and he and Stanley alternate on the bench. Traditional.

Kolo. Blic. Bews
Stewart. Hendo. MOC.
Menegola. Selwood. Duncan
Higgins. Cameron. Danger
Miers. Hawkins. Simpson
Stanley. Guthrie. Parfitt
i/c. Sav. Tuohy. Henry. Smith
emerg. Clark. Rohan. Dahlhaus
Far more what I’d think is right that other people’s attempts. Would just swap Sav for Rohan but everything else looks spot on.

backline looks superb. The best back 6 mix we can muster + Henry on the bench.

Prelim Final, 2017.He played on Cameron who murdered us and kicked 5.

He has never been a lockdown defender. Was very good at providing drive. I don’t know how good he is at that anymore. Had one minute of trying to mind Martin in the Grand Final and fell over giving up a goal.

A few players picked up Cameron in that game. Quite a few of his goals were due to shocking turnovers that didn't involve Tuohy. In fact Tuohy was named in our best with 22 possessions and "stood tall" according to a few reports.

A disingenuous attempt there at besmirchment. :D

A few players picked up Cameron in that game. Quite a few of his goals were due to shocking turnovers that didn't involve Tuohy. In fact Tuohy was named in our best with 22 possessions and "stood tall" according to a few reports.

A disingenuous attempt there at besmirchment. :D

I'd love to see how much those reporters watch the game.

Even money gets you a quick look at the stats sheet afterwards.

I'd love to see how much those reporters watch the game.

Even money gets you a quick look at the stats sheet afterwards.

Some would watch it closer than others and of course through their own unique lens.

Last year Cameron kicked a lazy 5 goals directly on Bews and Chris Scott's take; didn't think Cameron had a huge influence on the game.

Others would disagree.

Some would watch it closer than others and of course through their own unique lens.

Last year Cameron kicked a lazy 5 goals directly on Bews and Chris Scott's take; didn't think Cameron had a huge influence on the game.

Others would disagree.
You're wrong again as usual, but please continue to post crap to suit your narrative on how terrible a player you think Jed Bews is.

You're wrong again as usual, but please continue to post crap to suit your narrative on how terrible a player you think Jed Bews is.
Didn't analysis show only 2 goals when Cameron was actually opposed to Bews?

Weren't others kicked on O'Connor & Kolo?

Correct you are. A complete myth he got torched by Cameron at the Gabba. Unlike Tuohy who got torched by Cameron at the Adelaide Oval.

1. Q2. 18:49 (on the clock) Def stoppage. Free kick against Dangerfield. Set shot goal.
2. Q3. 9:52 free kick advantage on wing. Long kick to the pocket. Arm chop free on Stewart. Left foot snap. Goal.
3. Q3. 01:17 BL win ball off half back. Long kick and carry. Long kick and Cameron beats Henderson for pace. Goal. Note: Stewart only small def within 50m of Cameron and Bews not spotted anywhere in the preceding 15 seconds.
4. Q4. 15:25 Long kick to wing. BL player keeps it in and kicks to HFF. Long kick to Cameron who nudges Bews while airborne. Ball out the back. Goal. Dropped mark or free. Open to interpretation.
5. Q4. 03:20. Long kick to the goal square by McCluggage to a 2v2 contest. Henderson nudged under the ball. Bews from 4th in line attempts spoil and makes negligible contact. Ball spills and handpass to Cameron who goals from the square.

Maybe yotc why no move was made was that objectively the first 3 had nothing to do with Bews, and the last two are debatable as to how badly if at all he stuffed up.

I'm prepared to concede 2 or 3, against the best small forward in the comp last year; Lord have mercy!

But to continually read the same dribble from this same poster about only Bews and no one else IMO is just embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct you are. A complete myth he got torched by Cameron at the Gabba. Unlike Tuohy who got torched by Cameron at the Adelaide Oval.

Your skewered view and bias shows no bounds. 😆

Next thing you’ll be stating is that Bews was in our best in the grand final rather than the impartial assessment by Champion Data that he was the most ineffectual player that played out the game (both teams included).

This is undeniable. Bewsy fan boi protestations don’t change the facts.

Your skewered view and bias shows no bounds. 😆
Coming from the bloke who endlessly rags on our best small defender.
Next thing you’ll be stating is that Bews was in our best in the grand final rather than the impartial assessment by Champion Data that he was the most ineffectual player that played out the game on the ground (both teams included).
No, because I’m not an idiot.
This is undeniable. Bewsy fan boi protestations don’t change the facts
What is undeniable is the match you waffle on about is largely a major exaggeration. He objectively had nothing to do with 3 of the 5 you say he had kicked on him. That is a fact.

Also a fact is his top 10 B&F placement.

Now, run along and play in the sandpit.

Not for me. Perfectly ideal.
We should aspire to being the hardest team to get into, and if young players don’t want to put in the hard yards to usurp others (Fogarty) then sayonara.

Draft someone willing to do the hard grafting
Perhaps that could be laid at Clarks feet .. but I doubt that could be said of Simpson. (work rate hard graft etc). Not sure how he will pull up after the post GF injury/operation... hope it doesn't affect his ability to condition himself.

Id prefer to see Simpson and Clark in the best 22 somewhere, but with the players added and pressure to perform ..any player who wants game best be in best nick. There was commentary over Clarks conditioning this year, hopefully missing on games has been a learning experience for him.. as I feel his speed and kicking have much to add.

Coming from the bloke who endlessly rags on our best small defender.

I had similar reservations about Taylor Hunt who was also considered one of our best small defenders at one point. It doesn't necessarily correlate that he was any good. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Just what influence will the coach hav on what the team 2021 and beyond have ? Obviously at the moment we have a very NOW look to our side.. Fair enough .. the chance to load and push all the chips in .. is expected with the players we have.

At what point do we think CS will move on from Geelong... 2 years min left ... if we are looking at the side 2021 and beyond ... at what stage does one start to look at a legit understudy. At 44 .. he is of an age that he may coach for the next decade if he is motivated. ..then again.. Cook will go soon , I wonder if that will mean the next ceo has a different idea. ... and I wonder if we cant replace the big names when they go ..will a fresh voice be thought preferable?

I had similar reservations about Taylor Hunt who was also considered one of our best small defenders at one point. It doesn't necessarily correlate that he was any good. :thumbsu:

Being top 10 b&f for a club that made a GF correlates with being good though.

Admit defeat already

Just what influence will the coach hav on what the team 2021 and beyond have ? Obviously at the moment we have a very NOW look to our side.. Fair enough .. the chance to load and push all the chips in .. is expected with the players we have.

At what point do we think CS will move on from Geelong... 2 years min left ... if we are looking at the side 2021 and beyond ... at what stage does one start to look at a legit understudy. At 44 .. he is of an age that he may coach for the next decade if he is motivated. ..then again.. Cook will go soon , I wonder if that will mean the next ceo has a different idea. ... and I wonder if we cant replace the big names when they go ..will a fresh voice be thought preferable?

I don't like the concept of an designated understudy, we wouldn't have brought in Scott, we'd have elevated Sanderson which wouldn't have been a disaster but he may have been unable to drag the club in a different direction, look at the situation at Essendon who are stuck with Rutton, who would be a big part of their past failing and the players know it.

I don't like the concept of an designated understudy, we wouldn't have brought in Scott, we'd have elevated Sanderson which wouldn't have been a disaster but he may have been unable to drag the club in a different direction, look at the situation at Essendon who are stuck with Rutton, who would be a big part of their past failing and the players know it.
Is there actually an example of it working anywhere? Sheedy/Cameron probably but that was a very specific situation. I don't think any of Malthouse/Buckley, Roos/Goodwin, Woosha/Rutten have worked at all, am I missing any? I can't remember if Longmire was heir apparent while Roos was still there but he's a success if so.
No reason not to just go best available when going for a new coach. In the fairly unlikely event that the best candidate is already at the club then so be it.

Having someone as a legit understudy ..is different in my mind as designated person. My feel is if Hinkley had fallen under a proverbial buss Voss could take over.. I dont see that person at geelong. Yet as you say we had three potential sr coaches at geelong when Bomber left and we went outside.

I think there is a fair chance Scott leaves at the end of his contract, regardless of 2021-2 results.

Frequent turnover of leadership in organisations creates problems and is a sign of a toxic environment. But a lack of change can lead to complacency and other issues. At some point, new ideas need to come into the mix. Geelong and Scott aren't at that point yet but will be in a couple of years. Scott is a modern coach/manager who is likely to hold reservations about staying too long. He will still be young enough to coach elsewhere, and will not lack suitors.

Coaching transitions are fashionable at the moment, but I'm not convinced. I think it's better to give the new coach fresh air, with a mentor if inexperienced.

Having someone as a legit understudy ..is different in my mind as designated person. My feel is if Hinkley had fallen under a proverbial buss Voss could take over.. I dont see that person at geelong. Yet as you say we had three potential sr coaches at geelong when Bomber left and we went outside.

Simon Lloyd would be our next in, I'd back him more than I would Voss

And could see with Parfitt that after he returned to the field late the first quarter, following the first tapping up of his thumb, that he tried to lay a tackle close to the boundary line, and there was no power or strength in that hand as he couldn't hold the tackle & instead grabbed his hand in pain

How he still managed to lay 7 tackles for the game I'm not sure - 4 tackles came in the 3rd quarter, so I'm guessing he was given a jab at half time which helped his 3rd quarter effort.

His 4th quarter was 1 kick for 1 turnover, & considering he only played like 51% TOG, thinking he sat on the bench for most of the last

It was a mighty gutsy effort to even be out there given how much it was clearly hurting let alone to lay the equal most tackles on the ground in barely 50% game time. He did some useful stuff with ball in hand too. He's got things to work on in his game but you can't question his desire and commitment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back