List Mgmt. 2021 Team & Beyond...

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to see how much those reporters watch the game.

Even money gets you a quick look at the stats sheet afterwards.

3 of the 5 goals were against Tuohy and 2 of those were a result of awful mistakes by Taylor and Stewart where Tuohy really didn't have any chance. There's only 1 where he really had any chance.

Goal 1 - Taylor under no pressure gets his kick smothered in the back pocket. It rebounds to Tuohy against 3 crows. Betts taps it to Cameron who goals.
Goal 2 - Stewart misses Tuohy with a terrible handball in the center of the ground. An Adelaide player handballs to Cameron who runs from the wing and goals from 60.
Goal 3 - Cameron marks against Tuohy wide out near the boundary. Cameron read the flight of a slight miskick better and Tuohy was caught a bit flat footed. He runs around and snaps from 40m near the boundary.
Goal 4 - Big pack mark. S Selwood is the guy marking Cameron as the ball comes in.
Goal 5 - Bews leaves him in acres of space and he makes him pay. Not sure Bews should be blamed because there was another man he had to be wary of. Danger and Stewart were the 2 closest who weren't exactly working their asses off to get back.

In short Tuohy really didn't do much wrong defensively in those.

Umm because Clark has a way higher ceiling than Kolo and Simpson has the cleanest hands in the team...
True about Simpson’s hands.

Underselling Kolo badly. Plays a different role to Clark, is structurally more important and on this board woefully underrated

3 of the 5 goals were against Tuohy and 2 of those were a result of awful mistakes by Taylor and Stewart where Tuohy really didn't have any chance. There's only 1 where he really had any chance.

Goal 1 - Taylor under no pressure gets his kick smothered in the back pocket. It rebounds to Tuohy against 3 crows. Betts taps it to Cameron who goals.
Goal 2 - Stewart misses Tuohy with a terrible handball in the center of the ground. An Adelaide player handballs to Cameron who runs from the wing and goals from 60.
Goal 3 - Cameron marks against Tuohy wide out near the boundary. Cameron read the flight of a slight miskick better and Tuohy was caught a bit flat footed. He runs around and snaps from 40m near the boundary.
Goal 4 - Big pack mark. S Selwood is the guy marking Cameron as the ball comes in.
Goal 5 - Bews leaves him in acres of space and he makes him pay. Not sure Bews should be blamed because there was another man he had to be wary of. Danger and Stewart were the 2 closest who weren't exactly working their asses off to get back.

In short Tuohy really didn't do much wrong defensively in those.

Correct. However the Bews' apologists wont want to look too closely at that game.

Correct. However the Bews' apologists wont want to look too closely at that game.
I've never seen someone so obsessed over an individual player before, it's actually quite sad.

I dunno maybe you need a hobby or something.

I've never seen someone so obsessed over an individual player before, it's actually quite sad.

You must have missed Patrick Bateman and Catfan79. Lucky you!

He has a differing opinion is all.
Not sure what he said is so egregious.
Be nice to have a Bachar Houli who cuts you to pieces as a small defender but Bews is the best we have for now.

I think there is a fair chance Scott leaves at the end of his contract, regardless of 2021-2 results.

Frequent turnover of leadership in organisations creates problems and is a sign of a toxic environment. But a lack of change can lead to complacency and other issues. At some point, new ideas need to come into the mix. Geelong and Scott aren't at that point yet but will be in a couple of years. Scott is a modern coach/manager who is likely to hold reservations about staying too long. He will still be young enough to coach elsewhere, and will not lack suitors.

Coaching transitions are fashionable at the moment, but I'm not convinced. I think it's better to give the new coach fresh air, with a mentor if inexperienced.
True in yesteryear, but the HC position is now much more manager than X and Os. New ideas are generated by line coaches, much like you see in the NFL. The HC position is much more conducive these days to long term tenures where the culture they drive is more valuable than their game day decisions. Guys like CS, Clarkson, Longmire and Fagan can stay over multiple list overhauls and the clubs vision and culture stays the same, which in turn sustains long term success. Unless we fall off a cliff within the next 2 years, then keeping CS around, long term, is the logical decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True in yesteryear, but the HC position is now much more manager than X and Os. New ideas are generated by line coaches, much like you see in the NFL. The HC position is much more conducive these days to long term tenures where the culture they drive is more valuable than their game day decisions. Guys like CS, Clarkson, Longmire and Fagan can stay over multiple list overhauls and the clubs vision and culture stays the same, which in turn sustains long term success. Unless we fall off a cliff within the next 2 years, then keeping CS around, long term, is the logical decision.

Good points.

Yes, I agree, it's not at all like yesteryear. The AFL and its clubs run much like corporations today, or at least ape their practices. One of those practices is refreshing leadership positions. For instance, CEO's and executive directors are less likely to spend over a decade in one place, for much the reasons alluded to in my earlier post. My point was that Geelong and Scott might hold these views when assessing his future.

But anyway, I'm sure the club and Scott will come to the right decision about his future when the time comes.

A fair argument could be made that Hawthorn and Clarkson should part ways—Kennett's even made noises about it publicly.

Chin up, you are a relative newb. I've had reservations on a few players over the years including Mark Blake, Taylor Hunt, Billy Smedts, George Horlin-Smith and Jordan Murdoch. Lets just say that the prognostications are generally realized. ;)

Last edited:
Chin up, you are a relative newb. I've had reservations on a few players over the years including Mark Blake, Taylor Hunt, Billy Smedts, George Horlin-Smith and Jordan Murdoch. Lets just say that the prognostications are generally realized. ;)
I thought you were ignoring me:'(

Just give me something other than Jed Bews criticism and I'll leave you alone:thumbsu:

What has happened to Dahlhaus he was a pretty good player at the Dogs

Rumour has it that he never got over losing his dreadlocks. Bevo wouldn't let him grow them back, Scott promised that he could but later retracted the promise sighting poor hygiene as the reason.

Rumour has it that he never got over losing his dreadlocks. Bevo wouldn't let him grow them back, Scott promised that he could but later retracted the promise sighting poor hygiene as the reason.
A modern day Samson. Has his hair cut and loses all of his power.

He finished 6th in our B&F last year. This year he had that foot issue which sounded like it was hampering him for a while before they decided to get it right. He also was injured (concussed?) early against Carlton so was barely on the field. Despite the difficulties he had a similar votes per game in our B&F to guys like Henderson, Miers, Touhy and O'Connor who all had solid to good years. I think he's a good player that's woefully underrated around here because he sacrifices his own game for the good of the team.

He finished 6th in our B&F last year. This year he had that foot issue which sounded like it was hampering him for a while before they decided to get it right. He also was injured (concussed?) early against Carlton so was barely on the field. Despite the difficulties he had a similar votes per game in our B&F to guys like Henderson, Miers, Touhy and O'Connor who all had solid to good years. I think he's a good player that's woefully underrated around here because he sacrifices his own game for the good of the team.
Agreed. I still don’t get why there are posts suggesting that they want Dahl (or Tuohy) dropped before the 2021 seasons done. I think Dahl is a lot better than people give him credit for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back