Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
The Grind Episode 1

In a new season of 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐝 we take a look inside the club, as our rookies establish themselves in the AFL system. Sit back and enjoy!

Was scared to open, thought it might be journos putting Ed through a meat grinder.

Last edited:
Note to self: Teach my kids how to cook whilst they're still in school 😂😂😂

That was classic. It was funny watching Crisp trying not to crack up at the supermarket at what they were putting in their trolley. He was pretty patient. I dont know how you buy 4 jars of pasta sauce and still end up with a dry sauce.

That was classic. It was funny watching Crisp trying not to crack up at the supermarket at what they were putting in their trolley. He was pretty patient. I dont know how you buy 4 jars of pasta sauce and still end up with a dry sauce.
Clearly overcooked the sauce lol
I only use half a jar, but its only for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched a few of the "Coffee with Braz" segments. I think they're pretty good. I put the comment here because I just watched the grind and I'm doing a bit of a comparison in my head between the two formats. Obviously, a lot more money and resources put into episode 1 than the Braz videos, but I really liked the Braz video because she provided an insight into her guest and how she got through her teenage and early draft years. Braz is well prepared and her interviews are structured and thoughtful. The Grind is more of a show and tell format of things like the cooking, while Braz simply asks her guest about her cooking. Both formats are good but I tend to think that a lot of the collingwood media is pitched to the very young so there's a lot of show and tell and a lot of stuff pitched at schoolboy humour. Of course, this complaint applies doubly to the weekly ask a question format which is getting very old, and there's a strong feeling that the players are doing it purely because they're told to do it.

It would be worthwhile to get one of the players to do something like what Braz is doing. I'm sure one of them is wanting to be in the media in the future and it would be good practice for them. Alternatively, Braz could shift her interviews over to the boys...

Braz's format is cheap, it gives her media skills, it provides a real chance to get to know her guest, rather than just a bit of school boy humour. I think it's a winner on a number of levels.

I just watched a few of the "Coffee with Braz" segments. I think they're pretty good. I put the comment here because I just watched the grind and I'm doing a bit of a comparison in my head between the two formats. Obviously, a lot more money and resources put into episode 1 than the Braz videos, but I really liked the Braz video because she provided an insight into her guest and how she got through her teenage and early draft years. Braz is well prepared and her interviews are structured and thoughtful. The Grind is more of a show and tell format of things like the cooking, while Braz simply asks her guest about her cooking. Both formats are good but I tend to think that a lot of the collingwood media is pitched to the very young so there's a lot of show and tell and a lot of stuff pitched at schoolboy humour. Of course, this complaint applies doubly to the weekly ask a question format which is getting very old, and there's a strong feeling that the players are doing it purely because they're told to do it.

It would be worthwhile to get one of the players to do something like what Braz is doing. I'm sure one of them is wanting to be in the media in the future and it would be good practice for them. Alternatively, Braz could shift her interviews over to the boys...

Braz's format is cheap, it gives her media skills, it provides a real chance to get to know her guest, rather than just a bit of school boy humour. I think it's a winner on a number of levels.

Definitely get Braz interviewing the boys too, I think they'd take it more seriously and give better, more considered answers than if they were interviewed by a team mate.

Anyone else a little bothered by the lack of Henry and Macrae coverage this pre-season?

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not bothered at all. I initially found it interesting and said as much privately to another poster, but thinking more on it my take is they didn’t want to do it and having the confidence to say no is a positive. If anything bothered me (and it didn’t really) it’s Poulter and Briskey saying yes when they clearly weren’t interested in it. Reef on the other hand loved it.

On the whole it wasn’t for me. Yeah, it was a getting to know them piece, but I already know 18yo’s can’t cook (over 50% of it was dedicated to that). The jumper presentation was a nice touch and I think that was where diving into their personalities should have ended. IMO, the rest of it should have been dedicated to more footage like what we saw with Adams, Pendles, Daicos and Dib. Perhaps overlap that with some instant feedback on the field afterwards on their learnings from that type of session and how they plan to apply it in their game mixed with functional gym footage or some insight into the clubs projections of them for 2021 would have worked better.

Main takeaway. Reef’s going to be a beauty if he can stay injury free. That insight into his personality, both the message and his attitude in rehab, were fantastic.

Not bothered at all. I initially found it interesting and said as much privately to another poster, but thinking more on it my take is they didn’t want to do it and having the confidence to say no is a positive. If anything bothered me (and it didn’t really) it’s Poulter and Briskey saying yes when they clearly weren’t interested in it. Reef on the other hand loved it.
Interesting take. I'm sure that both of them having brothers in the system has given them insight into what they want to do media wise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back