Prediction 2021: The next step

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The thread title says it all. Who steps forward this year, and goes up a level?

Players can't be 2020 draftees or trades.

1) LDU
2) Aaron Hall
3) Bailey Scott

Smokey: T. Xerri

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1) LDU
2) Simpkin
3) Curtis Taylor
4) Bailey Scott
5) Flynn Perez
6) Ben McKay

RightWingRoo

Team Captain
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1 LDU. We saw the signs of what he'll be week on week off last year. Predict he'll play to that standard more consistently and rise to one of our top 5 or 6 players.
2 Jy. He'll become genuinely elite this year. He's fit, he's strong and most importantly he wants to be as good as he possibly can be. My BnF tip.
3 Ben McKay. Established himself as a regular AFL player last year and regularly took on quality forwards. Predict that this year he'll take the number one forward every week, releasing Taz to intercept and help his team mates.
Has the size and strength to do it, and the confidence to back that up will keep growing.
Smokey Kyron

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nick Larkey, but he needs guys like Zurhaar, Ziebel and others in the forward line to protect him. Don’t think he is a top shelf gun forward but he can reach Ben Brown type levels eventually.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Jy Simpkin will become a star of the league.

If Curtis continues on his current improvement curve he could be our best player one day too.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Jy Simpkin will become a star of the league.

If Curtis continues on his current improvement curve he could be our best player one day too.

Huge call about Curtis there.
I have high hopes for him but I think LDU and Jy will be a rung about him.

Larkey needs a big one this year and TT has to get more involved.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Huge call about Curtis there.
I have high hopes for him but I think LDU and Jy will be a rung about him.

Larkey needs a big one this year and TT has to get more involved.
Yep it is a big call (and to be honest I never thought I would think this way about CT) but some of the mercurial things wedged in between the the hard stuff he did last year just made me shake my head in amazement.

If he can adopt the Boomer work ethic for the rest of his career then he has absolutely no ceiling..

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep it is a big call (and to be honest I never thought I would think this way about CT) but some of the mercurial things wedged in between the the hard stuff he did last year just made me shake my head in amazement.

If he can adopt the Boomer work ethic for the rest of his career then he has absolutely no ceiling..

I don’t know why, but he reminds me of Luke Hodge.

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
1. Jy - Shows us that he is the next captain, leads on the field and is a genuine elite midfielder
2. LDU - Becomes a stoppage beast
3. TT - Starts to really impact games and show the comp who he is

Smokey - Will Walker

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Daisy Bateman
Ellie Gavalas
Mia King

?????

1610538239606.png

?????

1610538286073.png

?????

1610538411837.png

1. LDU for reasons that don't need stating.

2. Ben McKay. His form end of last year showed he can be an AA level key defender. Needs to tidy up his disposal to get there.

3. Cam Zurhaar. Can be a match winning game breaking nightmare match up forward. Needs consistency though. Can't go in and out of games. Can't have as many bad games as good games.

SMOKEY

4. Kyron Hayden. There's just something about the way he moves through the traffic coming out of defence, he finds space and angles others don't or can't. Made of depleted uranium and has the will to win and commitment of a great player. And North sides are always better with a gun Noongar bloke running around.

Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jack Mahony.

Smokey: Shaun Atley.

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1: Jack Ziebell

The skipper is training really well and in the best condition I have ever seen him. If he can stay injury free I can see a 20+ disposals per game and 30+ goals season from him.

2: Ben McKay

Ben will take the next step and be seen as a legitimate KPP powerhouse.

3: LDU

The boy is in super nick and showed plenty towards the back end of 2020.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For him to truly be elite, he needs to start kicking more goals and generally speaking, kick the ball better.
He kicked the ball really well in the early part of the year. At one stage he was top 10 in the league in both effective disposals and score involvements/score assists. It dropped off after he hurt his ankle. I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting jabs for a significant part of the middle of the year. At times it looked like he was kicking the ball without being able to feel his foot.

Back