Prediction 2021: The next step

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep it is a big call (and to be honest I never thought I would think this way about CT) but some of the mercurial things wedged in between the the hard stuff he did last year just made me shake my head in amazement.

If he can adopt the Boomer work ethic for the rest of his career then he has absolutely no ceiling..

vision and then hitting some ridiculous passes are just a taste of what Curtis brings to the table.

He kicked the ball really well in the early part of the year. At one stage he was top 10 in the league in both effective disposals and score involvements/score assists. It dropped off after he hurt his ankle. I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting jabs for a significant part of the middle of the year. At times it looked like he was kicking the ball without being able to feel his foot.
Yep it is a big call (and to be honest I never thought I would think this way about CT) but some of the mercurial things wedged in between the the hard stuff he did last year just made me shake my head in amazement.

If he can adopt the Boomer work ethic for the rest of his career then he has absolutely no ceiling..

Taylor is already better than Thomas.

LDU: If he can continue on the upward curve that was starting late last year then the sky's the limit. His ability to move through congestion was looking Pendelburyesque in the last 1/4 of the season. Would love to see 20-25 possies per game because you know he'll have 7+ score involvements if he's hitting that mark.

Thomas: His skills are without question but we need him on the park and the ball in his hands more. IMO he has the highest ceiling of any player in the comp. Could play a damaging role anywhere on the park. A 2021 with an average of between 15-20 possies per game and we are on.

Curtis: Out of all our HFF's he's the one who I hope will push up the ground and into the midfield. Having Curtis play between the arcs and using his vision and skill to hit up forwards inside 50 and be a 1-2 option through the corridor is exciting stuff.

LDU: If he can continue on the upward curve that was starting late last year then the sky's the limit. His ability to move through congestion was looking Pendelburyesque in the last 1/4 of the season. Would love to see 20-25 possies per game because you know he'll have 7+ score involvements if he's hitting that mark.

Thomas: His skills are without question but we need him on the park and the ball in his hands more. IMO he has the highest ceiling of any player in the comp. Could play a damaging role anywhere on the park. A 2021 with an average of between 15-20 possies per game and we are on.

Curtis: Out of all our HFF's he's the one who I hope will push up the ground and into the midfield. Having Curtis play between the arcs and using his vision and skill to hit up forwards inside 50 and be a 1-2 option through the corridor is exciting stuff.

Ldu pretty much did that in a busted up team and with no preseason.
Our young guys look good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back