List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarka_Dal

Senior List
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unfortunately for us, next year's crop of free agents are comprised almost exclusively of midfielders. Would be throwing huge contracts at both Bont and Cripps, but I can't see us prising them out of their respective clubs. Vlaustin is another I would be offering a godfather deal to, gun defender who is only 27 at the end of next season. Gawn could also be worth considering, 3.5 years younger than Goldy and someone I can see playing well into his 30's. The only KPF I would consider is Tabener, although Freo is hardly flush with tall forwards, so he would be unlikely to leave.

So evaluating this - in the members qna they mentioned the only free agents we would consider next year are 26 year olds like Corr this year so that leaves us with the below

bont
Sheed - won’t go, WA boy
Billings
Dunstan
Vlastuin
Salem
Josh Kelly
Jake Kolodjashnij
Merrett
Cripps - If he did ever leave would only be to WA team
Laird
Matt Crouch
Jake Kolodjashnij could be good if Taz decides to call it quits end of next year

Rory Laird (Although an SA boy) or Nick Vlastuin Or Christian Salem could be gettable and play hbf for the next 6 years for us

then there’s Josh Kelly or Jack Billings on a wing and essentially would spell the end of Dumont

I'm not who you asked, but I can also see us targeting him.

He can play tall, but is mainly an intercept defender. I think Tarrant plays that role in 2021 and then who knows if he has any years left after that. NV will slot straight into that role with Corr & McKay as the 2 KPDs.

Also, he seems to be one of the main organisers of the Tigers defensive structure. Having won 3 out of the 4 last flags, they must be doing something right.

He would bring experience & even more leadership to the squad. Think Nick Maxwell, but with more strings to his bow.
Vlaustin is a flat out gun.

As a former U18’s Vic captain, he’s their general down back, he’s also tough as teak with a great footy IQ.

If any of the Tiges recent finals series’ comes on Fox Footy, just watch him to realise what he does on and off the ball.

Easily my most favourite non-NM footballer - where do I sign?..
I think he is a really solid underrated player. Can play on talls and smalls, can intercept mark, offensively without being super damaging can provide run with decent disposal. He never plays a bad game and I think he is a massive reason as to how the Richmond defensive unit is so solid.

He fills a need for us down there and could allow more flexibility with McDonald to push up the ground.

I also think we could offer a lot more than what Richmond are able to offer with our room and their limited cap space.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cheers, that well and truly answers my query! I will admit to being less than confident of luring established players away from the larger Vic clubs. Who knows though, maybe Puma has enough brand ambassadors now.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Let's get midfielders, we need a lot of midfielder, our midfield needs to bat deeper. Midfield depth needs to be at least top 4. The key forwards will come. You never know, another jarrad waite might come when the attacking system is setup.

Meanwhile AFL clubs can also invite up to six players to train with them from January 6, when all players will return to training.

The invitations allow players to audition for spots on the rookie list, with signings able to occur during the pre-season supplemental selection period which ends on March 9.

Carlton is likely to invite former St Kilda defender Jonathon Marsh, reports AFL Media, while ex-Demon Oscar McDonald could also get a gig.

Both the Blues and Saints have a rookie spot left open while the Tigers and Magpies have two.

Richmond could invite delisted young defender Derek Eggmolesse-Smith to train with them.

Essendon, Sydney, Port Adelaide, Adelaide and North Melbourne also have spots open.

Players likely to be considered include Billy Gowers (ex-Western Bulldogs), Matt Scharenberg (ex-Collingwood) and Majak Daw (ex-North Melbourne).

So You Think

Miracle on Arden St
Feb 28, 2011
Hotel Kensington
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Meanwhile AFL clubs can also invite up to six players to train with them from January 6, when all players will return to training.

The invitations allow players to audition for spots on the rookie list, with signings able to occur during the pre-season supplemental selection period which ends on March 9.

Carlton is likely to invite former St Kilda defender Jonathon Marsh, reports AFL Media, while ex-Demon Oscar McDonald could also get a gig.

Both the Blues and Saints have a rookie spot left open while the Tigers and Magpies have two.

Richmond could invite delisted young defender Derek Eggmolesse-Smith to train with them.

Essendon, Sydney, Port Adelaide, Adelaide and North Melbourne also have spots open.

Players likely to be considered include Billy Gowers (ex-Western Bulldogs), Matt Scharenberg (ex-Collingwood) and Majak Daw (ex-North Melbourne).

Hey GR, can we take any more rookies or are we done?

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au

Hope we hold fire till the mid season draft - would rather see them in games than training

Hope we hold fire till the mid season draft - would rather see them in games than training
I would invite a handful of potential prospects to train over the preseason in jan but not pick any of them as SSP

instead leaving the spot vacant for the mid season draft just to give us more knowledge (how they gel with the group, training habits etc) pre choosing someone then track them in state leagues over the first half of the year

I think chances are there will be an LTInby mid season. Not to be pessimistic but we still have a few likely types for this.
In which case I wouldn’t mind 2 cracks at the mid season draft
1 for an LTI and 1 for our vacant spot

Would like to see us take another cat b rookie too, free hit

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In which case I wouldn’t mind 2 cracks at the mid season draft
1 for an LTI and 1 for our vacant spot

Would like to see us take another cat b rookie too, free hit
Yeah I was also hoping we'd go for in the 2 mid season draft.
Pick up the leading tall goalkicker and fill a need with some established player or 2 mids etc but we got menadue instead.
Surprised we haven't heard anything about our 2nd Cat B choice. Hopefully we've got someone in mind.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There are going to be a lot of 19 year olds playing at U/18 level next year. I think we will have our sights set on 1 or 2 kids at the MSD, who missed getting picked and are performing well at under/18 level.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Id be looking at some undrafted kids who got picked to play in the new eastern states league.
Will be some rippers that come out of nowhere.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hope we have half a dozen train on players come down to the club at the start of the pre-season.

Given our lack of key forward depth i'd would love to see Jackson Callow or Kaine Bladwin (depending on where he is at with his knee recovery) given a chance to train with us.

Even mature prospects like Tyler Keitel or Paddy McCartin would be worth trialling.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who's that 194cm bloke at 100kg? Get him, he looks like an old school bruiser. Thugs like him properly manipulated can be a useful tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back