List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmacs best mate Jack Billings a free agent next year

wouldn’t be surprised to see him come over, from memory we were rumoured to be interested last time billings was out of contract

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Lmacs best mate Jack Billings a free agent next year

wouldn’t be surprised to see him come over, from memory we were rumoured to be interested last time billings was out of contract

...................and we're off!

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory
Hall, Campbell and Tyson are three you immediately see in the gun, bar some unforseen turnaround or need.

You'd hope Bonar comes on with some defensive versatility or it could get awkward come August if he is still playing for a contract then.

Not really seeing anyone senior getting turfed for picks next year, will probably be a standard 5-7 list turnover.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I don’t get the Hall knockers, I reckon he had a pretty good season overall. He needs to work on his consistency admittedly but as the team improves I think he still offers a bit. He also seems to be a good leader with the young guys.

Supercoach

I don’t get the Hall knockers, I reckon he had a pretty good season overall. He needs to work on his consistency admittedly but as the team improves I think he still offers a bit. He also seems to be a good leader with the young guys.

He had an ok season as a senior player in a team that finished 17th.
He's not a fabric of the club type player.

You'd want to be hoping he's either become super consistent and more reliable especially around goals.

We cut players this year that could have continued in next year. I'd suggest that Hall will find himself in that position in 12 months time.

Our strategy is clearly centered around an age demographic of players that he is not in.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't play it.

I reckon if he's in the list in 22 he's both lucky and depth.

If he's on the list in 22 it won't be lucky. It will be because he has had a year in 2021 that convinced the coaching and list management groups that he has more offer. That will be the result of hard work and consistency over 21. He has some genuinely elite attributes.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I don't play it.

I reckon if he's in the list in 22 he's both lucky and depth.

Sure. That's what you reckon.

I don't see any reasonable basis for what you reckon, and that's the actual point.

If he's on the list in 22 it won't be lucky. It will be because he has had a year in 2021 that convinced the coaching and list management groups that he has more offer. That will be the result of hard work and consistency over 21. He has some genuinely elite attributes.

He gave us something that we need, but I'd like to see the finishing improve. I reckon the injestion of pace and the improvement in the younger players, can only help him be better in 2021.

I don't see any reasonable basis for what you reckon, and that's the actual point.

My analysis is Jamie Macmillan and Shaun Higgins.

Both could be playing for North in 2021 and aren't.

Hall doesn't have the standing of JMac nor the ability of Higgins.

It's got f*** all to do stats.

And it'll be where Hall finds himself at the end of next year. Giving way to kids.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

And it'll be where Hall finds himself at the end of next year. Giving way to kids.

Good for you. :thumbsu:

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS

Snake will find some stats regarding Hall. Because hes a halfwit, he has no idea supercoach is derived from these very same stats.

FWIW yeah Hall is just depth if we’re playing well.

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I just don't rate his decision making or lack of. Love seeing him burst out of a pack to the 50m arc but then can't decide if having a shot or lowering the eyes.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I just don't rate his decision making or lack of. Love seeing him burst out of a pack to the 50m arc but then can't decide if having a shot or lowering the eyes.

He did noticeably change his play at a point in the season. He had copped criticism for blazing away and then after that played far more team-oriented footy and lowered his eyes looking for an option.

If he produces consistent football over 2021 and executes what the coaches want then I can see him getting an extension. It will be a challenge for guys like him and Atley though as we are clearly all-in on building a team around our 23 and under cohort. They will need to prove they can play a role in that context.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

It appeared to me to be coaching instructions that conflicted with his natural attacking flair, and he wasn't the only one who looked that way in 2020.

FWIW yeah Hall is just depth if we’re playing well.

I doubt it'll be reliant on us playing well.

Our future is clearly with a group of players that he's not part of.

We have a glut of half forward types.

Given how we're building he wouldn't have the desired footskills for half back.

If we're contracting Hall to play mid forward in 2022 why in the f*** didn't we just keep Higgo?

I mean he's two years older but a significantly better player.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sure. That's what you reckon.

He gave us something that we need, but I'd like to see the finishing improve. I reckon the injestion of pace and the improvement in the younger players, can only help him be better in 2021.

Did you listen to the Q&A? they kind of let slip this is a 4 year plan.

They also mentioned the senior experienced players they want around the group and Hall wasn’t one of them.

They also mentioned the age demographic they want for the list and Brown didn’t fit into it at 29 this year. Hall just turned 30.

Barring a career best year, Hall will be traded or delisted next year.

He’s a 30 year old, fringe 22 player in a side that wants to build around their core 20-22 year olds.

Did you listen to the Q&A? they kind of let slip this is a 4 year plan.

They also mentioned the senior experienced players they want around the group and Hall wasn’t one of them.

They also mentioned the age demographic they want for the list and Brown didn’t fit into it at 29 this year. Hall just turned 30.

But Supercoach?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Did you listen to the Q&A?

No.

The absence of evidence does not prove the evidence of absence.

They also mentioned the age demographic they want for the list and Brown didn’t fit into it at 29 this year.

If Ben Brown was Tom Lynch then I reckon that notion would evaporate instantly. It's actually a ridicuous comment on their behalf.

Good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back