List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Been mentioned through the member qna but you can pretty much rule out any free agent over 27 years of age for us this year still leaves some decent targets
Kelly and billings come to mind. The latter might be more inclined to go with the rise of Steele etc at the saints.

As the Kangaroos list was culled last year, and senior players Ben Brown (Melbourne) and Shaun Higgins (Geelong) traded to rivals, Dumont is understood to have also weighed up his future despite being under contract.

Essendon was strongly linked with an interest in the 25-year-old, however it is believed some of Dumont's off-field qualms were appeased by the Roos and he committed for 2021.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
............ however it is believed some of Dumont's off-field qualms were appeased by the Roos and he committed for 2021.

Yeah, that's bullshit.

it is believed some of Dumont's off-field qualms were appeased by the Roos and he committed for 2021.

1611525841358.png

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
We're truly into the unknown on game style and list direction now. Being part of Scott's crew Shaw never really reshaped the gameplan (except for taking out the scoring bit) or list so this should be the first genuine shift we seen post 2010.

Therefore very hard to assess where players will rank or be suited and who to re-sign.

At a glance my 2 cent preferences:

NORTH MELBOURNE
Shaun Atley
- re-sign.. unless there's no green shoots from 2021 and we're slashing further - and- he nets a 2nd round pick. Hope it's the former
Tom Campbell* - If he's happy to stay another year as a break-glass / mentor I'd consider re-signing
Trent Dumont - re-sign
Taylor Garner - TBC
Kyron Hayden* - like him but quite as sure as some on his certainty, TBC
Luke McDonald - re-sign
Connor Menadue* - TBC
Robbie Tarrant - TBC - I'd rather he stays forever but if our season is a disaster a Shaun Higgins style exit isn't impossible
Josh Walker* - TBC
Will Walker* - TBC
Jack Ziebell - love Jack but would need to hit some availability and production targets to push past a 1 year extension IMO

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I think we've found the Essendon link.

One of my mates tells me Merv Keane, who works at the Dons in the recruiting department, is the brother of Froggy's mum.

View attachment 1045514

Merv better find a new job if he can’t even get his nephew in the door.

Kelly and billings come to mind. The latter might be more inclined to go with the rise of Steele etc at the saints.
Yeah those 2 Billings and Kelly you would assume would be targeted as potential free agents

Jake Kolodjashnij is another in that age range as a ready made key defender that could replace Taz.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah those 2 Billings and Kelly you would assume would be targeted as potential free agents

Jake Kolodjashnij is another in that age range as a ready made key defender that could replace Taz.
You'd probably think that he'd be less inclined to leave than the other 2.
But agree that he'd be a decent pickup if we had space for him and 1-2 spots for a kid to develop at the same time.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Couldn't care less if Dumont stays or goes if he wants out.

We don't need him.

Last edited:

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
NORTH MELBOURNE
Shaun Atley
- re-sign.. unless there's no green shoots from 2021 and we're slashing further - and- he nets a 2nd round pick. Hope it's the former

Mate we only got a second rounder for Higgo. (3 times the quality)

Not a chance in hell we are getting a second for Atley..........

Any chance of getting a ruck or kpf
No free agent KPF or ruck worth going for (Taberner who is ok is a free agent, Tim Membrey also but he’s more a third tall) but some out of contract options

Reilly O’Brien from the crows a vic boy
Harry McKay
Jake Riccardi
Esava Ratagolea
all out of contract

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
No free agent KPF or ruck worth going for (Taberner who is ok is a free agent, Tim Membrey also but he’s more a third tall) but some out of contract options

Reilly O’Brien from the crows a vic boy
Harry McKay
Jake Riccardi
Esava Ratagolea
all out of contract

Taberner would be a good stop gap for a few years - just for cash

The others would cost picks.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I think we've found the Essendon link.

One of my mates tells me Merv Keane, who works at the Dons in the recruiting department, is the brother of Froggy's mum.

View attachment 1045514

Sweet.

Fork over Zac Merret and we'll call it square. :thumbsu:

1611570607506.png

We're two years minimum from going for or needing big name free agents.

More Aiden Corr style recruit for roles for now.
I reckon you're half right. We're about 2 years away from big name free agents possibly choosing us. But that shouldn't stop us in the meantime. "Oh Paddy Cripps you want to play for North? Sorry mate, we're still a year or 2 away from challenging. But thanks though".

I reckon you're half right. We're about 2 years away from big name free agents possibly choosing us. But that shouldn't stop us in the meantime. "Oh Paddy Cripps you want to play for North? Sorry mate, we're still a year or 2 away from challenging. But thanks though".

Yep, that's a key part of it

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

If Simpkin, LDU, McKay, Larkey, Zurhaar, Thomas, Taylor etc go up another notch this year then I reckon we can look at going FA at the end of the season.

If Simpkin, LDU, McKay, Larkey, Zurhaar, Thomas, Taylor etc go up another notch this year then I reckon we can look at going FA at the end of the season.
Even if they don't and we are bottom 4 again, or even if we somehow snag a Premiership, it doesn't matter. If a gun players wants to come and the price is right, you pay it. Reckon it's pretty simple.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Shaun Atley - take 2nd Round pick if it comes, Jesus. Before they change their mind.
Tom Campbell* - Re-sign. 1 year.
Trent Dumont - Take compensation
Taylor Garner
- re-sign if gets back to best and remains on the park.
Kyron Hayden* - re-sign for 2 years immediately
Luke McDonald - re-sign for 3 years.
Connor Menadue* - Is he on our list?
Robbie Tarrant - 2 year extension.
Josh Walker* - 1 year extension.
Will Walker* - TBC, I like him
Jack Ziebell - love Jack but probably would take compensation if it were 2nd Round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back