List Mgmt. 2021 Trade and List Management thread III. IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

With the total incompetence of scotts and Joyces- we still made Prelims.
Think they cost us a flag with the talent on our list - lack of fitness was telling in quite a few games during that period.
We gave up leads often.
I think Scott did well to get us up for those finals runs but in regular season games, we probably dropped too many games which might’ve given us better opportunities come finals

He probably wasn't good enough, true. But how can you make that judgment based on one appearance in one badly beaten side - and you end up being the only one dropped? Seemed to speak to our erratic team selection, and player development, that's the point I was making ....
Oh absolutely I agree, I was meaning that in terms of that erratic selection policy

He probably wasn't good enough, true. But how can you make that judgment based on one appearance in one badly beaten side - and you end up being the only one dropped? Seemed to speak to our erratic team selection, and player development, that's the point I was making ....
Because they have form from two sides to make that decision. Not to mention other things like attitude, application, extra sessions etc etc. You don't need to play someone in the seniors to see if they will make the grade, the reserves is a perfectly adequate to make some judgements on where someone is at. And given he isn't on a list anywhere, they probably made the right call. 4 years on the list. More than enough

Dumont is taller than Jy, Phillips, Jed, JHF, Mahoney, Cunners, Powell, Lazarro and Hall.
Just ignore the 'one dimensional' part of the comment... :drunk: standard ferball.

The types that are just tidy footballers and can accumulate. One paced, don't excel at winning the ball, can't play forward or back, not exceptionally hard, aren't all that creative, don't impact the scoreboard...those are types you find around the dumont pick range. The Anthony Miles' of the world. At best they find another gear like and end up like a Jarryd Lyons/priddis type. At worst they excel in the state leagues like Rippon, bolton, Schloithe type. 2nd or 3rd tier mids you'll see enter every draft.

Just ignore the 'one dimensional' part of the comment... :drunk: standard ferball.

The types that are just tidy footballers and can accumulate. One paced, don't excel at winning the ball, can't play forward or back, not exceptionally hard, aren't all that creative, don't impact the scoreboard...those are types you find around the dumont pick range. The Anthony Miles' of the world. At best they find another gear like and end up like a Jarryd Lyons/priddis type. At worst they excel in the state leagues like Rippon, bolton, Schloithe type. 2nd or 3rd tier mids you'll see enter every draft.
Yet you rate Constable. I think you know you’re selling frog short.

If the club intend on taking 5 at the draft and not a DFA, I think it very likely we will be one of the more active players on the night.

They will want at least 3 of those inside 30 imo.

Odds on to leave a list spot for the mid season draft again also.
I’d not bother leaving a list spot open for msd if there are useful DFAs/PSD picks out there. I don’t think there’ll be the quality and it’s probable that we’d get an LTI anyway

I’d not bother leaving a list spot open for msd if there are useful DFAs/PSD picks out there. I don’t think there’ll be the quality and it’s probable that we’d get an LTI anyway

I'm not sure your reasoning.

The season has been destroyed in the u/18's, if we are sitting in the bottom 4 at midseason, it's likely that there will be quality there again.

We got Edwards this year, with a number of clubs getting quality at this years MSD.

That without Leek Alleer emerging prior to the MSD, who was also eligible.

my reasoning is more if there is something we rate in DFA/PSDor RD we shouldn’t pass on it just to keep a msd spot open

my reasoning is more if there is something we rate in DFA/PSDor RD we shouldn’t pass on it just to keep a msd spot open

There's nothing in the RD or in the current DFA's likely to eclipse what might be someone worth a top 30 pick by the MSD.

Edwards was predicted to be around the top 10 had he stayed in the pool, which would place him at a similar value to Jye Amiss or Mac Andrew.

Would you trade Jye Amiss at the moment for Jarrod Brander?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's nothing in the RD or in the current DFA's likely to eclipse what might be someone worth a top 30 pick by the MSD.

Edwards was predicted to be around the top 10 had he stayed in the pool, which would place him at a similar value to Jye Amiss or Mac Andrew.

Would you trade Jye Amiss at the moment for Jarrod Brander?
Agree, I'm leaving a spot open for the SSP or MD especially if we are near the bottom again.

I don’t agree that any msd would be that deep. I mean I would say generally you might get 15 players and of that half will stay on a list and the other half is 50/50.

i have read comments that this draft class is likely to be pretty small ( 50-60 l players, why wouldn’t those project types go into psd/rd

I don’t agree that any msd would be that deep. I mean I would say generally you might get 15 players and of that half will stay on a list and the other half is 50/50.

i have read comments that this draft class is likely to be pretty small ( 50-60 l players, why wouldn’t those project types go into psd/rd

It's not any other year though....

Also, if 15 players are selected it's frankly iirrelevant.

We are only talking about 1 list spot at the moment, which probably means a shot at the best 4-5 players in the MSD given where we are likely to be picking from.

In last years example with what we've seen you'd be getting another Jacob Edwards, Leek Alleer, Jai Newcombe or Sam Durham.

It's not any other year though....

Also, if 15 players are selected it's frankly iirrelevant.

We are only talking about 1 list spot at the moment, which probably means a shot at the best 4-5 players in the MSD given where we are likely to be picking from.

In last years example with what we've seen you'd be getting another Jacob Edwards, Leek Alleer, Jai Newcombe or Sam Durham.
Again, my point is say someone we rate in the draft slides out to a pick after47 or the psd or RD I wouldn’t want to pass on it purely to keep an msd slot

Can't we actually take six picks in the main draft if we want to? Unless they are counting Edwards as being upgraded already?
Depends on a few things like the number of rookies, etc.

Depends on a few things like the number of rookies, etc.
As I understand it, we currently have 32 main list and 3 rookies, which is including Edwards as still being a rookie (along with Hayden and P Walker). So we could take any of the following to have a full list:

6 main draft / 1 rookie draft
5 main draft / 2 rookie draft
4 main draft / 3 rookie draft

We don't have to fill all positions if we don't want, but we can take up to 6 in the main draft if we want, not 5 as the article states. So either the article is wrong or I'm missing something, such as Edwards in fact being upgraded to the main list.

Yet you rate Constable. I think you know you’re selling frog short.
One is 22, the other is 26.
One has played 12 games, the other 99.
One fills a need (backup for cunnington), the other does not.
One hasn't been given a chance but racks up possessions for fun in the VFL, the other has been given every chance.
One has been held back because of selwood, danger, and guthrie, the other was pushed out of the middle when we only had cunnington.

Give me the highly rated youngster that's still only 22 and a 190cm bull vs. The eh 18-22 best player in the squad that can't chip in when cunnington is out.

Brutal on Ham.

Should never have taken 2 picks in the MSD. He has spent 4 months on the list.
And yet this board was full of people salivating over our open list spots and claiming we should have taken 3.

There's a reasonable possibility that there are more late bloomers next midseason thanks to lack of U18 footy this year, but there's never going to be more than half a round's worth of AFL quality.

As I understand it, we currently have 32 main list and 3 rookies, which is including Edwards as still being a rookie (along with Hayden and P Walker). So we could take any of the following to have a full list:

6 main draft / 1 rookie draft
5 main draft / 2 rookie draft
4 main draft / 3 rookie draft

We don't have to fill all positions if we don't want, but we can take up to 6 in the main draft if we want, not 5 as the article states. So either the article is wrong or I'm missing something, such as Edwards in fact being upgraded to the main list.
You are correct with your math.
I do think Edwards will get upgraded.
We had to get him to put his name in the MSD if I remember correctly.
It would make sense his manager asked for this.

watching Atley’s highlights, a lot of his best highlights forward of centre. Imagine if he could’ve just been developed into a midfielder.
Had 2 good years as a HFF before being sent back due to a lack of up and coming defenders. Probably a bit stiff thanks to list profile, but as soon as JMac and Jasper were delisted last year the writing was on the wall. He's been a lot better than generally given credit for. He's played 234 games because he's been a better footballer than the people he was selected ahead of. Also by all accounts a good human and fine clubman.

Cheers Ats, thanks for being a mostly adequate shinboner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back