List Mgmt. 2021 Trade and List Management thread III. IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Comparing Constable to Cripps is Greenwood to Horne-Francis territory.

After this years draft, we will have used 6 first round picks on midfielders in as many years. The expectation is that they will begin to take the heavy lifting away from Cunnington over the coming years. VFL player Constable isn't going to magically fill the gap if Cunnington gets injured. Constable is slow & is nowhere near as skillful as Cunnington. Just because he is big, does not make it a like for like. We are far better off using a different midfield mix with our existing highly talented group of young midfielders (with another year of development in them) if Cunnington goes down next year, then bringing in a bloke who is borderline AFL standard.

Not sure this needs to be highlighted, but Cunnington = 185cm, Davies-Uniacke = 188cm, Thomas = 189cm.

I wouldn't mind weaning the North midfield off Cunnington towards the end of the year and get him to play a bigger role in the forward line. With his strength and marking ability, he could easily average 1-2 goals a game.

If LDU is our Judd, Jy is our Kerr & Powell our Cousins… We don’t need a Constable.

I don’t agree with this notion that we need that type of player because our inexperienced mids got beaten in the contest by an experienced midfield brigade of Sloane, Laird & Keays. Constable would have made sweet f*** all difference in that game. In fact his lack of pace would have made us worse.
You'll come around Psicosis...

Any thoughts from anyone on Brock Smith? I heard his manager (Trotter I think) talk about him the other day saying he might be in trouble due to Brisbane's tight list.

I don't know anything about him other than he's only two years in (drafted at pick 33 in 2019), hasn't had much of a chance to prove his wares, fills a need position wise (back flank) and would be a Victorian returning home.

Worth a look?

reminds of the biblical story of the three wise kings following the Bethlehem star, on arrival they offered sweet baby Geebus gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Which of course in today's money is pace, skill and poise .

The days of us recruiting shitmen has passed us by. Judas aka Cam Joyce has left the stable or barn depending on your POV.

If LDU is our Judd, Jy is our Kerr & Powell our Cousins… We don’t need a Constable.
Our Rowan Jones? The guy to cop the crap from the supporters and block for the better players?

LDU is a Judd. We need a dirty scrapper to feed it out to our LDU, Stevo, TT types.

All our midfielders got monstered by ben keays...the big bodied mid that put all of our mids over his knee and spanked them on the way to 38 possessions and 2 goals. Phillips isn't ready yet.

Constable will never be ready

Why are desperate to find a Cunnington replacement? He is 30 not 35. No one is retiring Dusty, Fyffe, Gawn all from the same draft. He probably has 3-4 really good years of footy. By then all of those mentioned here will be harden seniors.
Who is retiring him? No one.

You never make assumptions with footballers. He's had a pretty bad run in recent times with the back injury and most recently with the tumour. Sure he could play for another 4-5 years but he could just as easily retire in 1-2 so he can spend more time with family and on the farm or because of injury. Obviously we'd all prefer the former. Better to prepare for plan B rather than getting caught with our pants pulled down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely mcguiness will have to put on some decent size.
I remember him as being fairly skinny.
Maybe he's the leaver body type of player?

came as a defender to the club. however will be more suited as a 3rd tall defender. Needs to put a lot of muscle on though
Yeah he was but interesting that Luffy referred to him more as a KPP, he's shot up and definitely needs to put on some weight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back