List Mgmt. 2021 Trade and List Management thread III. IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lalbert. Victoria.
Up near Swan Hill.
10k acres is a little block up there.
Nice. I don’t have any data support it, but I’ve always suspected small Victorian country towns near the NSW border produce an inordinate number of quality AFL players, like the NT and Tassie do.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nice. I don’t have any data support it, by I’ve always suspected small Victorian country towns near the NSW border produce an inordinate number of quality AFL players, like the NT and Tassie do.
Well its usually footy, motor bikes, shooting street signs and girls up there for a young blokes.
In that order.

Well its usually footy, motor bikes, shooting street signs and girls up there for a young blokes.
In that order.
That's a pretty universal country mentality... only think is the ages determine the order

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
I’ve heard rumours of certain wheatbelt towns with AFL quality players due to a “Co-Op” of farmers ensuing their teams are regularly among the premiers each year
Mining towns in WA are no different.

Kambalda, Norseman, Kalgoorlie, etc have had a glutton of ex-AFL players go through once finished/before getting to the top level and handsomely financed by the mining companies and wealthy local business owners.

John Annear, Allen Jackovich, Eddie Betts, Byron Pickett, Adam Hunter, Rhys Palmer are just some of the names and even the great Stephen Michael got paid some serious cash when he retired from the WAFL to play in the Goldfields of WA.

I really want Sinn.
But he never slips to us in any mock drafts.
I'm dreaming again.
I’d really like him too. If he slips to say 16, would 20+42 be enough to trade up? If 42 comes in to 37 or 38 with bids its a clear win to the seller on points. Just depends how much they want a specific player.

I’d really like him too. If he slips to say 16, would 20+42 be enough to trade up? If 42 comes in to 37 or 38 with bids its a clear win to the seller on points. Just depends how much they want a specific player.
Hmmm, following up myself …

St Kilda & Port are really the only two with big holes in their draft order who could genuinely benefit from taking on a 3rd in live trading. Port's 12 = 1268 points; 20+38 = 1377. Saints' 9 probably too hard to get.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

St Kilda & Port are really the only two with big holes in their draft order who could genuinely benefit from taking on a 3rd in live trading. Port's 12 = 1268 points; 20+38 = 1377. Saints' 9 probably too hard to get.
Wonder if that kills our draft hand too much

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I dont think they would do it.
Most years you throw in another second rounder to move up in the second round.
If anything I think we would trade down. 20 for 26+27 maybe.
But I prefer your plan LOL

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I dont think they would do it.
Most years you throw in another second rounder to move up in the second round.
If anything I think we would trade down. 20 for 26+27 maybe.
But I prefer your plan LOL
if we didnt have the idea of only taking 4 this year then go for it.
Especially if our must have at 20 is already taken and there's multiple options later.

What have you see in Charlie Ham in the last six months?
A solid lockdown small defender with a nice left foot kick

and more to the point I’d rather a new young rookie with upside selected than wasting a playing list spot on someone that won’t be there next year in Lynch

got to give ourselves a better chance at finding long term talent even if it’s say 2% it’s better than lynch 0% to be there in future years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

and more to the point I’d rather a new young rookie with upside selected than wasting a playing list spot on someone that won’t be there next year in Lynch

got to give ourselves a better chance at finding long term talent even if it’s say 2% it’s better than lynch 0% to be there in future years
What makes you think lynch wont be in the playing group in 2-3 years?
Reckon you're pretty far off the mark with this one.
Provides coaching and tall forward coverage without demanding playing time; exactly what we're looking for.
Its not like he's 35 or on his last legs either.

What makes you think lynch wont be in the playing group in 2-3 years?
Reckon you're pretty far off the mark with this one.
Provides coaching and tall forward coverage without demanding playing time; exactly what we're looking for.
Its not like he's 35 or on his last legs either.
He’s on the list for just one year he’s not very good. If we didn’t have soft cap issues he’d be on the vfl playing list and a dev coach

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Ham is 0%

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s on the list for just one year he’s not very good. If we didn’t have soft cap issues he’d be on the vfl playing list and a dev coach
has it been confirmed 1 year though? Currently he's not even on the list just confirmed he will be on the list.

"we've seen a number of key signings this week" and then only mentioned Jy. I wonder if we have another announcement in the works.
Hoping so. Personally I’ve been waiting for awhile now on an extension to Zurhaar’s contract. We need to lock him (and his dog) in to a healthy deal ASAP before a host of clubs (and not just those out west) come offering him the big bucks.

For me he remains our No. 1 priority resigning.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But given we do like every club have soft cap issues then your point is moot. Clearly they've identified development as a higher priority than taking an additonal speculative rookie pick. Move on.

Hoping so. Personally I’ve been waiting for awhile now on an extension to Zurhaar’s contract. We need to lock him (and his dog) in to a healthy deal ASAP before a host of clubs (and not just those out west) come offering him the big bucks.

For me he remains our No. 1 priority resigning.

Last year (2020 when the world was a very different place) at the season launch, I had a word to him about sticking around with us for the long haul and not going home to WA. He looked at me contemptuously and said. "Why would I want to do that"???

I slunk away in embarrassment. I rather suspect I had that same feeling as so many opposition blokes have on the field when they sense he is approaching. One of those, "Oh s***" moments".

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back