List Mgmt. 2021 Trade and List Management thread III. IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Think I remember him playing a great game…..was it against us? But he looks all right IMO.
He played pretty well versus the cats round 21.
He has not played against us at senior level. He has played 9 games.
1635378567587.png
He is a bit Meh. I think we would play Lynch over him.

Last edited:
View attachment 1269314
He's a slightly shorter version of CCJ without showing a whole heap of promise. Not the worst depth option though.

He's a slightly shorter version of CCJ without showing a whole heap of promise. Not the worst depth option though.
We have enough KPF's imo. X, Edwards and Comben will be VFL you would assume. Lynch 3rd tall forward.
If we bring in another someone has to have a run at CHB.
Depth is good. But it needs to be in the right areas.

We have enough KPF's imo. X, Edwards and Comben will be VFL you would assume. Lynch 3rd tall forward.
If we bring in another someone has to have a run at CHB.
I'm not saying we should get him as depth. I was implying that he is, at best, a handy depth player at most clubs.

I'm not saying we should get him as depth. I was implying that he is, at best, a handy depth player at most clubs.
Oh ok.
That makes sense. He is still young enough that he could improve. You don't ever really know with KPF's some just take ages to come on.
Just not a great fit for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1269314
Yeah thats right. He was clunking a few from memory. So many giants players all seem the same to me. He have the full blown mullet?

Ok with the Jackson Archer news and us taking 5 picks, it means we are going with a list of 37-5.

Pick 1,20,42,47, Jackson Archer + 2 rookie picks (Pick 1 + Tom Lynch)

or unless we plan to use the PSD then it will be 38 + Tom Lynch in the rookie draft.

Ok with the Jackson Archer news and us taking 5 picks, it means we are going with a list of 37-5.

Pick 1,20,42,47, Jackson Archer + 2 rookie picks (Pick 1 + Tom Lynch)

or unless we plan to use the PSD then it will be 38 + Tom Lynch in the rookie draft.
Probably go picks 1,20,42,47 and archer + lynch.
I'd love us to take someone mid year but could see luff having a few names for rookie pick 1.
Especially with the extra time between draft day and rookie draft.

This is a shock.

North Melbourne has committed to taking Jared Polec in next month’s Rookie Draft as the club looks for more flexibility with list spots going into the National Draft. The decision means the club will need to delist Polec in Friday’s List Lodgement.

The Roos will now be able to select up to six players in the NAB AFL Draft, with the club holding picks 1, 20, 42, 47, 72 and 77.

GM Football Brady Rawlings said the move offered greater flexibility to bring in youthful talent at next month’s draft.

“All our picks from 42 onwards will come in significantly as other clubs use earlier selections to bid on father-son and Next Generation Academy players,” Rawlings said.

“We’ve obviously got a couple of premium selections at the top end of the draft, but having more picks after that provides a great opportunity to bring in some talented players who lacked exposure over the past two COVID-affected seasons.

“Once we get past the national draft, we’ll call Jared’s name out in the rookie draft.

“Jared’s cooperation with this list option has been appreciated and will not affect his opportunities at AFL level in any way.”

This is a shock.

North Melbourne has committed to taking Jared Polec in next month’s Rookie Draft as the club looks for more flexibility with list spots going into the National Draft. The decision means the club will need to delist Polec in Friday’s List Lodgement.

The Roos will now be able to select up to six players in the NAB AFL Draft, with the club holding picks 1, 20, 42, 47, 72 and 77.

GM Football Brady Rawlings said the move offered greater flexibility to bring in youthful talent at next month’s draft.

“All our picks from 42 onwards will come in significantly as other clubs use earlier selections to bid on father-son and Next Generation Academy players,” Rawlings said.

“We’ve obviously got a couple of premium selections at the top end of the draft, but having more picks after that provides a great opportunity to bring in some talented players who lacked exposure over the past two COVID-affected seasons.

“Once we get past the national draft, we’ll call Jared’s name out in the rookie draft.

“Jared’s cooperation with this list option has been appreciated and will not affect his opportunities at AFL level in any way.”
Good move.

In a normal draft year late picks are average commodities. In a draft year where the majority of available players have had little to no football over the last two seasons there is the potential to find real value down the order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back