List Mgmt. 2021 Trade and List Management thread III. IN: CCJ

They didn't actually mention one aspect of our trade week.

LOL. They still know fu** all about us wha...

Bigger LOL.... I've just realised this article is rating everyone's lists in terms of young draft talent over the last 5 years. The narrative has definitely changed around us.

Yeah I said trades , I was half asleep 😴 should have been drafting.

Melbourne premiership defender Michael Hibberd headlines the AFL footballers whose playing future is yet to be revealed.

Hibberd is one of three Demons, along with Marty Hore and mid-season draftee Kye Declase, not locked in for 2022.

Among those hanging in the balance, still deciding whether to continue or yet to come to terms are West Coast’s Josh Kennedy and Shannon Hurn, Roos Trent Dumont and Shaun Atley, Collingwood’s Mason Cox and ex-Giants captain Phil Davis.

The two star Eagles veterans are expected to continue for at least one more season.

Max Lynch swapped black and white for Hawthorn’s brown and gold this week, paving the way for Cox — who attracted interest from Fremantle — to likely secure a new deal.

Richmond hasn’t announced Sydney Stack’s re-signing, but the Herald Sun revealed this month the Tiger would score a new contract after starting the year in a Perth prison.

Ben Miller is waiting to learn his fate at Punt Rd, but Bigoa Nyuon and Noah Cumberland will be redrafted.

Two ruckmen watched the Tristan Xerri situation closely during the trade period, because of the potential flow-on effect to them.

North Melbourne’s Xerri wanted to cross to St Kilda but a deal wasn’t struck, helping Saint Paul Hunter’s cause for a lifeline.

But Kangaroo Tom Campbell could be up against it now.

Marty Gleeson’s delisting at Essendon left Dylan Clarke as the last uncontracted man standing at Tullamarine and his wait continues, while Carlton will redraft Lochie O’Brien and Matt Cottrell.

The player trade window has closed but the deals to move picks has continued with Richmond and Collingwood doing a deal over pick 27.

Club sources said the Pies have traded pick 27 for the Tigers’ picks 38 and 40 in this year’s draft and their third-round pick in next year’s draft.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The player trade window has closed but the deals to move picks has continued with Richmond and Collingwood doing a deal over pick 27.

Club sources said the Pies have traded pick 27 for the Tigers’ picks 38 and 40 in this year’s draft and their third-round pick in next year’s draft.

* me, tigers have 5 picks inside 30 this year.
Talk about holding your position on the ladder.
their list management team should win a medal.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
23 (dogs) would be the only pick available to us now for an upgrade.
I doubt we have enough to do it.
100%
Reckon we'd be doing the deal with the pies if we hadn't have given 40 for CCJ.
I wonder if the extra points the pies now have negates the reduction of our later picks in falling higher up the draft order?
Might only end up with say 41 and 45 now instead of 2 picks at 39-40.

23 (dogs) would be the only pick available to us now for an upgrade.
I doubt we have enough to do it.
I think we are in a good spot to probably get it. They would probably like those two 40's picks. We can possibly add a future 3rd or 4th if need be.

Their current picks in that range are 43,44,45 and 52.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think we are in a good spot to probably get it. They would probably like those two 40's picks. We can possibly add a future 3rd or 4th if need be.
F4th I can understand we have 2 of them.
But a future third would leave us nothing between our 1st rounder and the 4th round next year.
How do our points rack up compared to pick 23?
I realise its less but is it enough to eat another dogs pick?
I cant see Darcy going before 3rd.
It may be worth the dogs while to do it.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

How many list spots do they have though?

I thought the AFL confirmed that the relaxing of the list spots rule was for only 2020 and it was returning to the previous rules for 2021.

Number of picks = number of list spots for the draft.

I would have thought the Dogs might need to actually trim their picks slightly.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
F4th I can understand we have 2 of them.
But a future third would leave us nothing between our 1st rounder and the 4th round next year.
How do our points rack up compared to pick 23?
I realise its less but is it enough to eat another dogs pick?
I cant see Darcy going before 3rd.
It may be worth the dogs while to do it.

But next year we’re getting a PP

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

so we'd end up with 1,20,23 and a super late pick vs 1,20,40,42?

I thought the AFL confirmed that the relaxing of the list spots rule was for only 2020 and it was returning to the previous rules for 2021.

You're right.

They have 5 atm.

1634519322734.png

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

if our picks in the 40s are worth more than 23 then they might actually end up with a pick vs it all being dissolved by matching for darcy.

Conundrum

All Australian
Jul 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As expected, the Pies dealt with Richmond for the pick 27 trade instead of us, I never understood why some folks thought they would want our lower picks instead. Having said that, Richmond seems to have overpaid for 27, the thinking was 38 and 40 was already better points wise, but they had to throw in their future 3rd. 3 3rd rounders for pick 27 isn't good value anyway, considering we're talking about 11 spots (38 this year) lower and in the 20s - 30s range, not top 10 sliding down to top 20.

Think there wouldn't be a massive difference in the players available at 27, compared to third rounders, so I wouldn't have been happy for us to give up 3 in the trade - we've still got some holes that we could find decent players to fill, in those ranges.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's not an ideal scenario tbh.

Darcy + 4 late picks/rookie types on 2 year deals.

They should thank their lucky stars they didn't need to do it for JUH.

They would have had JUH + Darcy and about 8-9 late picks on their list in the last 2 years.
They'll take some mature aged state league guys with their late picks to fill needs in the side.
probably works better for them overall given the talent in the side and the competition for spots in the 22.
could see someone like sam skinner heading to the dogs as a key defender/interceptor alongside a few of the other state league guns.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As expected, the Pies dealt with Richmond for the pick 27 trade instead of us, I never understood why some folks thought they would want our lower picks instead. Having said that, Richmond seems to have overpaid for 27, the thinking was 38 and 40 was already better points wise, but they had to throw in their future 3rd. 3 3rd rounders for pick 27 isn't good value anyway, considering we're talking about 11 spots (38 this year) lower and in the 20s - 30s range, not top 10 sliding down to top 20.

Think there wouldn't be a massive difference in the players available at 27, compared to third rounders, so I wouldn't have been happy for us to give up 3 in the trade - we've still got some holes that we could find decent players to fill, in those ranges.
Tigers got picks 27 for effectively free (chol compo and North overpaying for CCJ) and still have our 3rd rounder next year.
I think they've had a fantastic trade period considering they filled needs in defense, lost 2 players who weren't best 22 and now have 5 picks inside the top 30 to build their side off while still pushing for a 4th premiership in the last 6 years.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tigers got picks 27 for effectively free (chol compo and North overpaying for CCJ) and still have our 3rd rounder next year.
I think they've had a fantastic trade period considering they filled needs in defense, lost 2 players who weren't best 22 and now have 5 picks inside the top 30 to build their side off while still pushing for a 4th premiership in the last 6 years.

Our second rounder I think you mean.

Anyway, * them. They need all the help they can get over the next few years.

It's going to take ALOT more than a few picks in the late 20's to rebuild the approaching cliff.

Especially with how they have drafted in the last 4-5 years, which has been overlooked quite a bit.

Lennon, Ellis, RCD, Higgins all look like very ordinary top 20 picks in hindsight. Rioli is probably only now just passable and they have lost CCJ as their other.

Richmond fans seem to conveniently forget that it took them a whole heap of PP's and Kreuzer Cup tanking missions to amass the Cotchin, Deledio, Rance and Martin's on their list in the first place.

Back