List Mgmt. 2021 Trade and List Management thread III. IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Adams and Gibson are probably the best rookies I can remember for us and I hope Zurhaar ends up the best.

Cox would have to the best rookie all time. Then Priddis.

As far as I can tell, we had a 29 year old rookie last year and now have Lynch, so one backup replaced with another in a different position.
I’d suggest Spud would be a better pick than Adams or Gibson.
Yep, as much as I admired all of them, I reckon Spud's the best.

But in terms of natural talent Zoohar's got them all covered. It's just absurd that we got both him and Larkey so late in the same draft and now they're as crucial as anyone else to our future.

Not as big but I think the most like for like. Neat kick, good mark, very clean. Doesn't probably have the absolute magic hands of Cunnington (outside of Powell who does really...) but has a very low centre of gravity and legs like a tree already.
Hmmm Dunno. I actually think Wills hands are a real weapon but in a different way to cunners. We’re not seeing the 30m hand passes but he is extremely quick by hand, in fact I’d say phenomenally quick to the point that cameras can barely capture his gather and disposal. What that equates to is NEVER getting caught out holding the ball….something cunners (praise be his name) did quite regualarly early in his career and still does from time to time.

Its less than an EFL or EDFL cap! If only we were a vafa side and could offer a lifetime of free schooling, some stock holdings and a board position on a tech start up

hmmm,,,, cross your fingers folks, I have a few grubby fingers in a few pies and if things go to plan over the next few years,,,the pumas, bhp’s, and jackers franchises could pale into insignificance

A solid lockdown small defender with a nice left foot kick

and more to the point I’d rather a new young rookie with upside selected than wasting a playing list spot on someone that won’t be there next year in Lynch

got to give ourselves a better chance at finding long term talent even if it’s say 2% it’s better than lynch 0% to be there in future years
But every year at every club there are players who just aren’t up to AFL standard. Whats wrong with having one who is taking a list spot who works as a coach and would comes at a fraction of the cost of his last season contract as a senior listed player!? I’m all for it, on the whole late draft picks are Hail Marys and we have an abundance of youth vying for spots, hard to see how a pick in the rookie draft is going to compete for a spot in the starting line up over Any of the kids in the current lineup or the 4 we take in the ND in the top 40. Let’s get a good look at the kids, reassess and see what’s available mid year draft and next year. Odds much better that way

Cheaper? That is your criteria for employment as a coach?
100pct this,,,lynch will be on a fraction of his last senior list spot. Smart way for him to get some coaching experience. Smart way for north to bring in a quality individual without impacting the soft cap and serving as depth to the playing group. Innovative move and one all clubs will take advantage of in future.

Ironic that you’re moaning about Lynch taking up a spot for development purposes but have made a BigFooty career out of incessantly posting that we should sign or trade for absolute spuds year after year.
and to that point we have so many kids on the list and another 4 in the top 40,,,,I don’t understand the whinging about lynch over a player potential of a kid not good enough to get picked up in the national draft. They’re all Hail Marys that low,…… we have picks in the 70s that books else will give a flying fruck about if there is any genuine talent we rate. Please just have a little bit of faith in the guys paid to recruit for this club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d really like him too. If he slips to say 16, would 20+42 be enough to trade up? If 42 comes in to 37 or 38 with bids its a clear win to the seller on points. Just depends how much they want a specific player.

If we had our f2nd we could of moved up but no chance now

Lynch will play games in the afl.

Also if ham was not up to it , why did they wait so long to delist him.

Assume that they were doing their analysis of where our picks landed & if we though we could select a better HBF prospect then him.

Hard to do that until they know where our picks land.

I think the point is that the improvement will be in those young kids in the forward line, not Lynch personally, on the basis of having him there.
Again I have no issue lynch as a coach

my issue is lynch taking a spot on the afl playing list over a rookie or potential msd player etc

If we had our f2nd we could of moved up but no chance now
It's why I tried to limit it to clubs that would actually benefit from an early 3rd. If we wanted to shoot for something like 15-16-17, the clubs that have those picks also already have plenty in that 40-ish range or better, so what we'd be able to give up is no value to them. Saints are genuinely stuffed for NGA points after 9, and Port only have one pick worth using.would we live trade say 38/39 (if that's what it comes in to after bids) to St Kilda for a future 2nd? Then give up our future 3rd to get back in to this year's 3rd?

Again I have no issue lynch as a coach

my issue is lynch taking a spot on the afl playing list over a rookie or potential msd player etc

The value is on-field leadership I'd assume, and you'd need to be on the list for that. I suspect he'll get a few games in the AFL where he'll coach in-game forward of centre.

Sure, I'd like to have seen Ham get a spot, but at the end of the day when you're the youngest list in the comp you're not struggling with getting some youth on your list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back