List Mgmt. 2021 Trade and List Management thread III. IN: CCJ

Go well froggy

I know it was confirmed interest ^^ but not sure if this is confirmed waiting for port to post.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Go well froggy

I know it was confirmed interest ^^ but not sure if this is confirmed waiting for port to post.

Wish we'd kept him such a good clubman as well as an underrated player but glad he's at least going to a club that doesn't turn my stomach.

Wish we'd kept him such a good clubman as well as an underrated player but glad he's at least going to a club that doesn't turn my stomach.
1637714096053.png

That's a Hindu symbol. Kudos to Port Adelaide for their inclusiveness.
Unsurprisingly, we discussed the different uses of the symbol over the ages in the RC thread just a few months ago.

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just having a look at our net outs/ins so far.

Start with 1, 20, 38, 69 and F1, F2, F3, F4

Out:
Tarrant
40 (was 38)
F2
F3

In:
CCJ
F4 (Tigs)

This is solely trades and net return/loss so far.
That looks better too if you consider that Tarrant left as a free agent that probably wouldn't have netted us any compensation.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
What were the details of the 2 pick swaps we made last night

my instant reaction at the time was we did well in the first deal but overpaid the second keen to look at it again in some detail

The wash is we traded out essentially 41, 45 and a future 3rd for 34 and 37.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What were the details of the 2 pick swaps we made last night
The wash is we traded out essentially 41, 45 and a future 3rd for 34 and 37.
my instant reaction at the time was we did well in the first deal but overpaid the second keen to look at it again in some detail
Remember we have Harvey coming through so any picks after our first will most likely get eaten up matching a bid.
Reckon we might also have 1-2 free agents in mind and a couple of younger guys leaving for more opportunity next year too.

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
View attachment 1287046View attachment 1287047
Alright I found the 2 deals

as i felt on the night happy with the first deal

the second deal I wouldn’t have done

taken 1,22,32,48 to the draft and kept next years future 3rd

but in the end hopefully we get a slider at 36
Keep in mind that the future 3rd given to Collingwood was tied to the Bulldogs and will therefore probably be a pick in the 50s. Picks 48 & 52 for pick 36 looks alright.

Darcy Moore and Alex Pearce as free agents next year would have to be our top targets

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
There is a fair bit of luck involved in realising the benefit of the scorched earth list management policy. If you landed the wrong draft, 2017 for example, you're basically screwed.

It seems to me like the stars aligned for you guys. Phillips, Powell, Edwards, JHF (a number 1 quality player not matter what draft) and then Goater. Throw is Stephenson for a song. I know there is more to it than that, particularly if Comben, Scott and a few others can join LDU, TT, Simpkin and McKay in establishing themselves.

I don't think, realistically, you could have hoped for more from 6 list spots to add to what you retained. History suggests this is what makes or breaks the rebuild and it looks made to me.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I'll admit I'm not totally over how List Management and drafting works, so what am I missing here? We have two spots left, and are committed to taking Lynch and Polec? But he have Pick #1. So why would we waste a #1 pick in any draft on a veteran who's there mainly as a coach, not expecting to play much and not likely to end up anywhere else, or a player we already have contracted? Surely not.

Genuine (possibly dumb) question. Do we have 3 spots? Has Lynch as a player fallen through and his job is purely VFL/off field? Are we fairly certain Polec has a suitor? What am I not getting?

Back