List Mgmt. 2021 Trade and List Management thread III. IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll admit I'm not totally over how List Management and drafting works, so what am I missing here? We have two spots left, and are committed to taking Lynch and Polec? But he have Pick #1. So why would we waste a #1 pick in any draft on a veteran who's there mainly as a coach, not expecting to play much and not likely to end up anywhere else, or a player we already have contracted? Surely not.

Genuine (possibly dumb) question. Do we have 3 spots? Has Lynch as a player fallen through and his job is purely VFL/off field? Are we fairly certain Polec has a suitor? What am I not getting?
Polec got delisted because we needed the senior list spot as we wanted to take 6 but only had 5 spots on the senior list free.
Lynch will be player/coaching as it allows us to basically pay him off the books and the soft cap.
In the event that larkey and probably walker are injured Lynch should be able to play a handful of games too.
Its not as crazy as you think. We also only have the 2 rookie list spots.

chairo

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And we didn’t end up getting the slider at 36
You are probably right that the second pick swap did not prove of value. Perhaps who we thought might be available then was already gone? Hard to know in advance that that would be the case though. Can't be crtical as most everything else (except KPD) seems to have fallen into place.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You are probably right that the second pick swap did not prove of value. Perhaps who we thought might be available then was already gone? Hard to know in advance that that would be the case though. Can't be crtical as most everything else (except KPD) seems to have fallen into place.
Reckon it was bazzo who went a pick before us.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So we don't have any free list spots for the SPP period before the start of round 1? Unless we have a long term injury (touch wood we don't)?

If we are taking Lynch & Polec as our rookie's perhaps we could get any KD's that are left over to train with us so we can get a better look in case we do have a list spot open up.

Charlie Dean
Blake Schlensog
Tyreece Lieu

Could be options in the event they don't get picked in the rookie draft.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll admit I'm not totally over how List Management and drafting works, so what am I missing here? We have two spots left, and are committed to taking Lynch and Polec? But he have Pick #1. So why would we waste a #1 pick in any draft on a veteran who's there mainly as a coach, not expecting to play much and not likely to end up anywhere else, or a player we already have contracted? Surely not.

Genuine (possibly dumb) question. Do we have 3 spots? Has Lynch as a player fallen through and his job is purely VFL/off field? Are we fairly certain Polec has a suitor? What am I not getting?
I think Ben10 will be put on the LTI list for 2022. Hope I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this.

Krakoueraddict

Team Captain
May 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Basically traded 38, F2 and F3 to flip Taz to CCJ and to grab Curtis and Bergman and a F4.

Grabbed JHF, The Goat and Arch with our own picks.

Greenwood was just highway robbery.

It's a pity we don't have one extra free list spot for pick 1 in the rookie draft if they are intending to go Lynch/Polec for rookie picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Polec is being taken #1.

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m glad we are sticking to our word. Can’t feel superior to the Suns at the same time as trying to shaft a player of our own.

If anyone wanted Polec they would have taken him as a DFA like we did with Greenwood.
Yeah agreed but maybe some wanted him on the rookie list not the senior list (as ~80k would sit outside the cap)

either way it was slim anyone would take him but still rather give us 0.1% chance then none at all to lose him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back