Q49, Olympic Stand
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Newcastle United Seattle Seahawks

Retired:
Nathan Jones, Neville Jetta

Delisted:
Aaron vandenBerg, Austin Bradtke (CatB), Aaron Nietschke, Jay Lockhart, Kye Declase, Marty Hore

Added:
Luke Dunstan (Unrestricted FA, St Kilda)

List Spots (18/10):
6 (4 main, 2 rookie)

Last edited:

Grimesy87

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Havent looked into a second of the draft this year but on the highlights ive seen since we drafted him he looks like a very Jason Taylor pick. ie: A footballer not an athlete, good fundamentals.

You'd assume the plan is to play him as a forward? (or perhaps a backup plan incase Petty leaves)
How ******* good has it been not needing to worry about the draft!

I'd be guessing, but I'd agree with you in thinking he would be groomed forward. Especially if Tomlinson can get back fit and healthy over next few years. He looks very Tom Lynch like to me.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Definite lack of inside mids drafted... and no ruck depth. Will Minson anyone?

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Definite lack of inside mids drafted... and no ruck depth. Will Minson anyone?
Is he still only 23?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I do like on fox footy when a player is selected they have those ticks then there's always one question mark like 'running capacity' it's not needed.
Let's face it, running is a very overrated skill for AFL players. If it wasn't for the bias of recruiters I'd say there would be at keast half a dozen 1-legged superstars hopping around at AFL level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mrmonkey

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Let's face it, running is a very overrated skill for AFL players. If it wasn't for the bias of recruiters I'd say there would be at keast half a dozen 1-legged superstars hopping around at AFL level
Exactly just finding a flaw for the sake of it. Who cares they get time to improve. Running capacity is probably one of the easiest 'flaw' to rectify

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’ve been coached (a long time ago) by some very experienced coaches that held a pet hate of kicking on your opposite foot.

Used to sh*t me because one of my only strengths was a good left foot!

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad