List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

And who is that then? itsa perception and they get it wronf often (AFL recruiters).
So you may as well go for what your needs are, and try to guess it right.
Pick best available player on the list in Taylor's opinion. Pretty self explanatory. No point going for needs if the players who fill that need are dogshit.

On the Gus & Gawny podcast, Benny Gibson shut down Kye Declase and Choco's Werribee links. Intriguing little (almost certainly non-consequential) sub-plot, this draft is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My hope for the end of year draft was two defenders, we've now taken them mid year. NFI if they are any good, but happy with the approach.

2 key defenders, we must think that Kye is depth and that Turner is a long term replacement. Definitely not taking any in the ND now, these are our May replacements for a few years time.

If a great KPD talent slipped to our pick in the ND, i'd still be keen to pick them them. Plenty of evidence that KPD's could develop to play forward too.

Need a small defender and a Hibbo replacement though.

Kye Declase – Pick No.15

Height: 195cm

Weight: 85kg

Position: Wing/Defender

Drafted from: Werribee VFL

Kye Declase is no stranger to senior football, having played under Mark Williams for Werribee in the VFL.

While the term ‘utility’ gets thrown around regularly on draft night, Declase is just that.

Weighing in at 85kg, the big-bodied 24-year-old is a proven goal kicker, a reliable lockdown defender, and a strong runner who can push onto the wing.

Declase is a ready-made talent who spent a week training with the club earlier in the year and will provide immediate depth for the Demons this season.

If a great KPD talent slipped to our pick in the ND, i'd still be keen to pick them them. Plenty of evidence that KPD's could develop to play forward too.

Need a small defender and a Hibbo replacement though.
Nah we're stacked with small defenders.
Our half backs and small defenders are:
Salem, Hunt, Rivers, Hibberd, Jetta, Lockhart, DSmith, Bowey, Hore. Even JSmith can play small. We're fine.

Classic Melbourne. First time given the end of first round pick, no premiership to show for it.

Incorrect. We got an end of first round pick after we tanked as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back