List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Weideman a big chance to go pick 1 in Pre Season draft! North very keen and looking at multi year deal on good coin if Weideman happy to go to side in rebuild. Trade most likely would be worked out but with Weideman out of contract gives North upper hand in trade deal if they finish last.

Cool story bro

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Weideman a big chance to go pick 1 in Pre Season draft! North very keen and looking at multi year deal on good coin if Weideman happy to go to side in rebuild. Trade most likely would be worked out but with Weideman out of contract gives North upper hand in trade deal if they finish last.
he wouldn't be a big chance he 100% would be number 1 pick so you ****ed up right there. But then a trade is most likely which is it? don't forget to edit and add he may retire. Meth is a hell of a drug I hope you can sort your s**t out it can go down hill pretty quickly

North need to finish last so it’s a big chance but not certain they get pick 1 in pre season draft. I couldn’t care less what happens with Weideman I was just letting your board know that North have already reached out to his management. Happy to put a wager on this and if it comes out North have made a contract offer for Weideman you delete your BigFooty.com account and if it doesn’t I will delete mine and just stick to smoking meth.

Massive difference between North reaching out to his management (I’d be staggered if they hadn’t) and Weid being a ‘big chance to go to North in the PSD’ 🥴

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

North need to finish last so it’s a big chance but not certain they get pick 1 in pre season draft. I couldn’t care less what happens with Weideman I was just letting your board know that North have already reached out to his management. Happy to put a wager on this and if it comes out North have made a contract offer for Weideman you delete your BigFooty.com account and if it doesn’t I will delete mine and just stick to smoking meth.

North make everyone an offer, this news isn't new.

North make everyone an offer, this news isn't new.
North is like the guy at the pub at 11pm, who has got to the point he is literally just asking for a handy from literally anything with ****.

If North want to give SW big money, Melbourne aren't going to make a fuss. But by the same token, it's hard to ask for him in exchange for a coke and chicken twisties if youre going to pay him big dollars.

If youre paying him big coin, mid 2nd rounder sorts it (24-30) I would have thought

Pleased to see no Mac Andrew in Cal Twomey's latest Draft Team of the Year

i watched todays u18s game which Mac Andrew played in for the losing Vic country team. they got out played all day but Andrew had some good moments.
he kicked the first goal and finished with 15 possessions. he mostly played forward with a couple of goes in the ruck. he looks good in the air when he can take a run and jump at it and took some nice marks, mostly up the ground.
he also has good skills for a tall guy from what i could see, but he did usually just take the short safe option by foot. ground balls and handballs looked good for his size. he took a nice tap and clearance at one centre bounce which definitely caught the eye.
overall he played pretty well but i would say he didn't really have all that much impact on the game though.

he's clearly got some areas to work on. he gets pushed around in contested situations and seems to float around a fair bit and tends to not really stay involved in the game. looks a bit casual at times and doesn't really command the footy like a KPP either.

it's a tough one to say where the drafters would rate him. he obviously has talent but unless he gets a lot bigger and stronger then i don't think he'll make it as a genuine ruck or as a key forward against the bigger boys in the AFL as he's a pretty skinny legged/gangly type. he probably looks more of a floating third tall forward/back up ruck sort at this stage to me so i probably wouldn't have him all that high because of that query. he actually reminded me of Aliir Aliir a fair bit today in the way he moves and plays so he could possibly even end up an intercept defender.
make of that what you will, just my opinion off only watching one game. i think it might have been his first game back from a concussion too so he could easily improve on that next game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played a good game yesterday in the big Metro v Country clash apparently.

Some reports have him as high as top 10 and almost all suggesting he’s not really a chance to get to Melbourne unfortunately.
I thought the NGAs were bullshit. It was classic AFL to twiddle their thumbs and allow a top 8 team to claim the number 1 draft pick through this daft system. It was classic AFL meets #FistedForever that they arbitrarily stopped this from happening a year too late to deny us a ‘free swing’ at a promising ruck prospect.

I thought the NGAs were bullshit. It was classic AFL to twiddle their thumbs and allow a top 8 team to claim the number 1 draft pick through this daft system. It was classic AFL meets #FistedForever that they arbitrarily stopped this from happening a year too late to deny us a ‘free swing’ at a promising ruck prospect.

The Bulldogs getting Jamara in the year before they changed the rules was pretty damn lucky.

You watch Mac Andrew go at 17 or 18 - just a couple of picks before we could match a bid.

I’m glad they’re phasing it out though. We’ve never had anyone good through it. The Sydney academy is the next thing they need to look at.

The Bulldogs getting Jamara in the year before they changed the rules was pretty damn lucky.

You watch Mac Andrew go at 17 or 18 - just a couple of picks before we could match a bid.

I’m glad they’re phasing it out though. We’ve never had anyone good through it. The Sydney academy is the next thing they need to look at.
I think they probably need to look at getting rid of father-sons altogether too. Too many impurities in the draft system, particularly if Darcy’s son goes number 1.

I think they probably need to look at getting rid of father-sons altogether too. Too many impurities in the draft system, particularly if Darcy’s son goes number 1.
I like father son, swings and round about that is worth it for club history. Luck of the draw how good the son is.

Swans got massively f’ed over on COLA/after Buddy. They deserve to get looked after re academy
Their academy is doing more than enough post COLA. Mills and Heeney as bargain first rounders when they were top 4 is paying off now. Gulden and Warner this year. Otherwise they could be Hawthorn right now.

Their academy is doing more than enough post COLA. Mills and Heeney as bargain first rounders when they were top 4 is paying off now. Gulden and Warner this year. Otherwise they could be Hawthorn right now.
True, although would they be this good without the Academy? Would they even be playing AFL? Not trying to spread too much Swans Kool aid, but without the years of development put in by the Swans I doubt those kids are even on the radar of other clubs.
Maybe the AFL should take over the NSW, QLD academies and give those sides some preference for bidding in the draft for the players that are developed? I do see the point in trying to develop talent in those states via some sort of academy system; helps grow the game and give sides access to players without a 'go home's factor.

True, although would they be this good without the Academy? Would they even be playing AFL? Not trying to spread too much Swans Kool aid, but without the years of development put in by the Swans I doubt those kids are even on the radar of other clubs.
Maybe the AFL should take over the NSW, QLD academies and give those sides some preference for bidding in the draft for the players that are developed? I do see the point in trying to develop talent in those states via some sort of academy system; helps grow the game and give sides access to players without a 'go home's factor.
Or if it worked like it does for us, only bids outside 20. They get local depth, top end of draft stays in tact.

I might be alone here but Father-son is the one that I really like.
Nah, I reckon I’m in the minority. We lobbied for the rule to come in around the 1940s but in the modern era it’s given us SFA. I just think you have a draft or you have academies/zones/FS, I don’t think a mixed system works.

Rubbish.

Keep the father son. It's been a great traditional pathway.

You wouldn't whinge if Luke Darcy played at the dees and Sam was on his way to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back