List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

probably the only 1 but I wouldn't really give a s**t if Oliver wanted to be traded this year. Would free up a lot of cap. Allows us to play Gus in his proper position. then either go to the draft or see if we can get a Kelly or Gaff in on the other wing.

The Age article briefly mentions that we have interest in Zach Merrett- can't see anyway we have the cap space unless Oliver leaves though.
Would have to front load/back load various players and rely on some retirements.

Do we need more inside mids?

I thought he was going to Carlton for Harry McKay?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway while I'm here and posting, for whoever needs it, word is our salary cap is no where near as tight as many people think. Word is lever signed a deal not far off half his previous deal, gawn signed for just over the AFL average and Viney wasn't much different. I'm told (in best tom Browne voice) that early preseason this was used as an example and has driven the "selflessness" direction that's set the tone across the player group.

Not sure how much is in the kitty come years end, but seems like there is some pieces being put in place for a tilt at something.

Anyway while I'm here and posting, for whoever needs it, word is our salary cap is no where near as tight as many people think. Word is lever signed a deal not far off half his previous deal, gawn signed for just over the AFL average and Viney wasn't much different. I'm told (in best tom Browne voice) that early preseason this was used as an example and has driven the "selflessness" direction that's set the tone across the player group.

Not sure how much is in the kitty come years end, but seems like there is some pieces being put in place for a tilt at something.
Gawn just over AFL average? Surely not haha

Gawn just over AFL average? Surely not haha
Yeah you'd think he's on solid coin, even if it's not the 800-1m level of Grundy. He has a few business interests outside footy though so maybe isn't as focussed on that? He seems like a bloke who doesn't care if he's not paid at the absolute max (lol) of what he could get, but happy to settle for a fair salary.

Josh Kelly :hearteyes: :hearteyes:
Bringing the Rolls Royce of footy back where he belongs.

Much better players at Geelong got much less.

To live a comfy life in Geelong you need far less than Melbourne though, even some of the newer estates on the coast aren't very expensive relatively speaking.

Viney cracked the shits at our first offer and we pretty much matched Geelong in the end didn't we? I remember reading that report. Around 700k per year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back