List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

adonski

All Australian
Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
We were very keen on him at the draft. He’s going to be a gem.
1617798045046.png

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Seem to recall him having a good old chat with a couple of dees players after sunday's game, and then with Shannon Burns on the way to the rooms

Edit - he is a future gun. Would love to have him
Worked with Ash at the Murray Bushrangers. Great lad and his old man is a country footy legend.

He has a connections with Oliver both being from around the Shepparton region area. Ash being from Katandra and Oliver from Dookie. Everyone knows everyone. Byrne's is also a Shepparton boy and his old man did some work with the school boys level there.

Ash is also related to Chris Connelly and was a Melbourne supporter until he changed teams to Geelong after 2013.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I see we have a couple of NGA prospects. Both from Stingrays.
Mac Andrew - Ruck forward. Played quiet well apparently on weekend.
Kobi George - Small defender. Also apparently played well on weekend. Quick and a good kick.
Not sure if they are both draft eligible this year. As mentioned in another thread the top 20 picks are protected from NGA. And 2022 the top 40 picks are protected. Basically NGA being phased out.

I’m more interested to see if we can shake a Langdon 2.0 loose from somewhere. Thinking Polec, possibly a Kamdyn McIntosh, maybe Ainsworth??

Polec ******* ew.
McIntosh a very good player but doubt he'd leave Richmond for us. I don't think spending that much of the salary cap on the wings makes any sense.
Agree, but I'd be willing to fork out a bit more for Hunter who looks to have been really pushed out by Bevo, he could be that elite kick inside 50 for us, doesn't matter what position.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Agree, but I'd be willing to fork out a bit more for Hunter who looks to have been really pushed out by Bevo, he could be that elite kick inside 50 for us, doesn't matter what position.
Hunter rolls through centre bounces aswell though so he's not like Langdon or McIntosh.
Someone might get squeezed out with Treloar coming in and Bont about to be re-signed

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
Highly doubt we will trade Hunter he is contracted till 2024 if we lose anyone it could be Patrick Lipinski

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Highly doubt we will trade Hunter he is contracted till 2024 if we lose anyone it could be Patrick Lipinski
Contracts don't matter lol. In saying that the only reason I could see him move was salary cap and you guys don't really spend any on your forward or backhalf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
I see we have a couple of NGA prospects. Both from Stingrays.
Mac Andrew - Ruck forward. Played quiet well apparently on weekend.
Kobi George - Small defender. Also apparently played well on weekend. Quick and a good kick.
Not sure if they are both draft eligible this year. As mentioned in another thread the top 20 picks are protected from NGA. And 2022 the top 40 picks are protected. Basically NGA being phased out.
Both eligible this year, was there for the game v Gippy and both performed well, with Andrew really impressing a few around the ground as such a mobile tall prospect. He'll need to work on his forward craft as I don't reckon he'll have the height for a full time ruck at afl level (not that we have heights out yet, but I'd be guessing that 195-198 range). George was really smooth through traffic, handballing elite but kicking needs some work

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
We will move on other players before Hunter mate
Haha I'm not saying you'll move him on mate, scenario is a club offers him 800 or more and you guys can't afford to or don't won't to match it.

I don't see it happening. Especially if Dunkley tries to go again

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
I'm really happy with our list TBH. I think it's important to continue to get kids in rather than top up with established players. I'd trust our recruiting team to find some diamonds with what picks we currently have.

Can only see us targeting the first round or a good player if Oliver walks. I do think that is a strong chance of happening.

VanDemonxx

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Maybe if we lose oliver
otherwise we won't have the cash to compete with offers from North, Essendon, Geelong etc

Maybe if we lose oliver
otherwise we won't have the cash to compete with offers from North, Essendon, Geelong etc
why would geelong want Cerra? Cerra's not 30 yet.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Maybe if we lose oliver

No-one decent is going to North for starters. And we’ll certainly have some cash with a few retirements pending end of 2021, TMac’s big contract ending in 2022 and so on. There’s always a way although we’d likely have to give up a decent player (Brayshaw) to balance it all out.

If Gus likes the idea of playing alongside his brother and returning close in family in WA I’d be making calls to Cerra’s manager. Pronto.

Gawn Oliver CP5 Viney Cerra Langdon has a very nice balance to it. Better balance than the current starting midfield, which still looks a little too “bull heavy” to me.

“Gawn palms it to Oliver who dishes off to the running Cerra. Cerra evades the tackler and lace out to the Weid if you don’t mind!”

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
No-one decent is going to North for starters. And we’ll certainly have some cash with a few retirements pending end of 2021, TMac’s big contract ending in 2022 and so on. There’s always a way although we’d likely have to give up a decent player (Brayshaw) to balance it all out.

If Gus likes the idea of playing alongside his brother and returning close in family in WA I’d be making calls to Cerra’s manager. Pronto.

Gawn Oliver CP5 Viney Cerra Langdon has a very nice balance to it. Better balance than the current starting midfield, which still looks a little too “bull heavy” to me.

“Gawn palms it to Oliver who dishes off to the running Cerra. Cerra evades the tackler and lace out to the Weid if you don’t mind!”

Brayshaw out for Cerra doesn't really change anything. I am a Brayshaw critic but Cerra doesn't even play on the wing. Not worth the trade capital for what won't really be an upgrade.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd say Heath Shaw for Taylor Adams was maybe one of the last good player for player trades that was mutually beneficial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back