List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

OMG, I WISH someone would give me a password right now! Politely informed by "Super Moderator" yesterday that I am very close to losing my account :(

"Unable to post reasonably"... me, full of equanimity, plenty of sound mind, always "cool like cucumbers" with positive energy and warm cosmic vibrations to share. Unbelievable... I cannot believe it!

I take it by your ability to respond that you didn’t reply to the warning?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Whoops, sorry, I didn’t mean to make a comment on any moderating :(
My interactions with the mods have all been pretty good.
And there’s been hundreds of them 😃
You’re just popular

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Whoops, sorry, I didn’t mean to make a comment on any moderating :(
My interactions with the mods have all been pretty good.
And there’s been hundreds of them 😃
No sweat - you’re fine. Actually I don’t really think telling people that you were given points or a day off or whatever is really the issue that admin are trying to control with the rule. Especially since other posters can see you’ve been red carded, and they will invariably ask what happened. It’s more when group discussions fire up over this or that mod doing this or that thing and everyone gets all incensed. It’s gotten pretty ugly from time to time - especially since the people discussing said issue might have been given selected facts as the backstory. I haven’t ever observed you doing that type of thing. I think of you in the Bernie Vince mould of cheeky chappie rather than dirty sniper

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Before anyone freaks at some posts being deleted, general reminder that public discussion about moderator decisions isn’t permitted anywhere on BF. I don‘t think anything said was super bad or meant as a whinge or a call to action for a campaign but it does have to be removed. If we don’t, we will get asked about it when admin inevitably stumble across it.

I think in the past BF has lost some pretty good moderators who started to feel isolated by gatherings of posters chatting about them in pretty nasty terms on various boards so the forum is pretty fierce about insisting that it doesn’t happen.

For what it is worth, you can start a conversation with a mod if you think their decision was unreasonable and even follow up with a super mod or Chief if you think something should be reviewed. As far as I can tell, he does follow up, mostly pretty promptly and there is room for negotiation sometimes. I know I’ve reversed points when I overreacted and wacked someone.

I understand we can’t discuss moderator decisions and that’s fine, I get the reason for that. What angers me is some mods just blatantly troll on the main board and nothing gets done, or they do worse (You’ll remember a matter I referred to admins a couple years ago PG on another board). If we just evicted the Richmond board from BF it’d be a good start.

I have also always respected the job done on this board and even during avatar gate whilst I disagreed with what happened it didn’t make me think the mods on our board are anywhere near as bad as CertAin OrheR boards Like some I shan’T name fOr fear of puNishment.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I understand we can’t discuss moderator decisions and that’s fine, I get the reason for that. What angers me is some mods just blatantly troll on the main board and nothing gets done, or they do worse (You’ll remember a matter I referred to admins a couple years ago PG on another board). If we just evicted the Richmond board from BF it’d be a good start.

I have also always respected the job done on this board and even during avatar gate whilst I disagreed with what happened it didn’t make me think the mods on our board are anywhere near as bad as CertAin OrheR boards Like some I shan’T name fOr fear of puNishment.
The main board is a bit of a mess - I’m not planning on offering to help out there any time soon because I would pack it in after a day. I think the volume is such that it’s unlikely that the specific board moderators see most posts as they occur so it’s definitely worth your while reporting anything that you think is problematic. The moderators post as normal users on other boards, but if you see something that you don’t think should be happening you should get in touch with one of the supers or Chief regardless of who it is. They (admins I mean) are unlikely to make a public display about it but would have a word in the background if they thought a moderator was doing something that was a bad look for the forum.

I do think the different boards do tend to have a different vibe. I’d know because I’m a chronic lurker. There is probably a bit of good luck / bad luck in that though. It doesn’t take many dickheads to create a big mess. We’re pretty lucky as we‘ve been unlikely to attract bandwagon supporters over the years, I mean why would you. I’d love to get a premiership just to be able to find out if the place goes nuts

Before anyone freaks at some posts being deleted, general reminder that public discussion about moderator decisions isn’t permitted anywhere on BF. I don‘t think anything said was super bad or meant as a whinge or a call to action for a campaign but it does have to be removed. If we don’t, we will get asked about it when admin inevitably stumble across it.

I think in the past BF has lost some pretty good moderators who started to feel isolated by gatherings of posters chatting about them in pretty nasty terms on various boards so the forum is pretty fierce about insisting that it doesn’t happen.

For what it is worth, you can start a conversation with a mod if you think their decision was unreasonable and even follow up with a super mod or Chief if you think something should be reviewed. As far as I can tell, he does follow up, mostly pretty promptly and there is room for negotiation sometimes. I know I’ve reversed points when I overreacted and wacked someone.
You just wanted an excuse to delete TK's posts.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Chatting to one of the main mods is the biggest waste of time ever ultimately they'll back whatever decision the mods make blindly.

Edit- now not sure if this is allowed, but it's true.

Last edited:
This talk in the Salem thread on Josh Kelly getting me thinking. Whose out at the end of the year and what cash we getting back?
Out of contract at end of year.
Nietschke
Vandenberg
Neal-Bullen
Bradtke
D. Smith
Langdon
Jordon
Lockhart
Joel Smith
Chandler
Daw
Hibberd
Mitch Brown
Jones
Jetta
Baker
Bedford
Weideman

Jones and Jetta certaintys to retire.
Hibberd likely as well, Mitch Brown and Daw unlikely to get another contract.
Nietschke and Hore acl's probably keep Hore, not sure on Nietschke.
Leaning towards Bradtke, JSmith and Vanders getting the flick.
Langdon, Weideman, Jordon, Chandler, Bedford, ANB, Lockhart, DSmith, Baker re-signed.
Probably lose 1-2 of ANB, Baker, Lockhart.

Langdon, Weideman must signs and probably Jordon too.

Fritsch, Tracc, Kozzie, Jackson, Sparrow all end 2022 as well as 2020 draftees. That's a lot of cash.

Think we need to lose a couple fringe/18-22 players to get in another good player. Don't think Josh Kelly's happening dudes, really hope I'm wrong.

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
Ok buddies, I want to talk about the forward line, particularly Weid.

Some people on this forum speculating we should trade him. Imo that would be a terrible move. We need to continue to look at the future - TMac and.Brown only have a few years left, we need to think about long term what the forward line will look like.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Ok buddies, I want to talk about the forward line, particularly Weid.

Some people on this forum speculating we should trade him. Imo that would be a terrible move. We need to continue to look at the future - TMac and.Brown only have a few years left, we need to think about long term what the forward line will look like.
No one said we should trade him mate.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
I think we will mostly be hitting the draft. Hopefully Mac Andrew slides to 21.

That said I wouldn’t mind shaking loose something like Cunningham from Carlton - someone getting played out of position by a crap side.
All this Mac Andrew talk he is like the 5th best ruck in the draft I think no chance he goes top 20 unless he keeps developing and dominated champs or something.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think we spend the money we have keeping Weid, plump up TMac for trade as was planned, then hit the draft for the next generation of key/small defenders.

Kelly would be nice, but we have a good list we need to pay properly to keep together.

Why would we trade Weid when he's finally developed now? Would be an absolutely horrendous move. TMac probably goes at the end of this year to someone who will offer him far more than we will.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why would we trade Weid when he's finally developed now? Would be an absolutely horrendous move. TMac probably goes at the end of this year to someone who will offer him far more than we will.

How is Weid “finally developed”? Because he kicked 7 in a game at Casey?

At AFL level he’s kicked 46 goals in 44 games since debut in 2016. Last year was his ‘best’ year when he averaged 1.5 goals/game 3 marks/game and 8disposals/game.

At the six year mark of his career that is just going in my book. Still has a hell of a lot to prove before anyone can say “he’s arrived”.

We need out of him what Harry McKay is starting to produce at Carlton. Clock is ticking.

How is Weid “finally developed”? Because he kicked 7 in a game at Casey?

At AFL level he’s kicked 46 goals in 44 games since debut in 2016. Last year was his ‘best’ year when he averaged 1.5 goals/game 3 marks/game and 8disposals/game.

At the six year mark of his career that is just going in my book. Still has a hell of a lot to prove against quality opposition.

From a KPF body perspective 🙄

Didn't think it was that hard to understand.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
From a KPF body perspective 🙄

Didn't think it was that hard to understand.

Not interested in his body shape, just the numbers he delivers on game day at senior level. As of his sixth year on the list, these remain modest at best.

Not interested in his body shape, just the numbers he delivers on game day at senior level. As of his sixth year on the list, these remain modest at best.

Sorry I didn't cater my post to your opinion. Ill try better in future. 😔

You offered an opinion. I shot it down with with logic and statistics. Don’t whinge just try better in the future.

You didn't shoot anything down. Lol. You blindly went off statistics like you always do, not taking into account that certain players take longer to develop than others.

Back