List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m definitely interested in Billings as a free agent. He’s unfairly maligned imo- he’s not the most physical bloke going around but is a great link-up player on the outside and kicks and creates goals.

He’d definitely be better than Brayshaw on a wing and also adds to our goal kicking power.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've been a massive fan of Weid for a long time but I'm no longer sold on the idea of keeping him long term.

If we trade him for a decent deal I say go for it. I suspect his trade value has decreased somewhat unfortunately.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm confident he's a better player than what he's shown this year, but we'd be lucky to get a late second for him at the moment.

Another way to look at it though is, if our list management team had planned on offering Weid a ~$550kpa deal next year and beyond, then even if we trade him for 'unders' then that clears that cash from our salary cap, and we can spend it elsewhere.

Problem is Weid needs to play some good games to get his value up high enough to make him worth trading.
But if he plays some good games he'll be in the side ahead of Brown so why would we trade him.

The solution is obviously to train him up as an inside mid.

According to this article, Pick 3 would get the job done.

WHERE. DO. WE. SIGN!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Stevie Wonder do the rating?
The only other players mentioned are Taylor Walker and mason cox. Cox and weid are about the same both had good patches and did nothing since but Taylor Walker is much better than weid, currently second in the Coleman and probably been the difference between winning and losing for Adelaide in at least 2 of their wins. The only negative is his age but purely on rating he's clearly the highest.

Pick 3 is really dreaming. I read the article thinking people were taking him out of context. but no they weren’t.
Gold Coast also have 19 and 22 as it stands. We’d be doing extremely well to get one of those at this point. Coleman-Jones from Richmond is looking a better prospect so surely GC throw money his way.

Last edited:
I don’t think the Suns finish the year with pick 3 anyway - more like pick 5 or 6. Not that I’d complain then either.

Weideman a big chance to go pick 1 in Pre Season draft! North very keen and looking at multi year deal on good coin if Weideman happy to go to side in rebuild. Trade most likely would be worked out but with Weideman out of contract gives North upper hand in trade deal if they finish last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back