List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

We just need an army of fit, robust young ladies to find their way to our players beds sides so we can have another finals team in 20 years time right?:devil:

KM has him at 20. I think he could go anywhere from 15-50 looking across the various boards. Lots of clubs will think he’s too light on.
From memory, KM had Bigoa Nyuon top 20 (went Pick 54) and rated Buku Khamis quite high too (went undrafted in ND so we cat B rookied). He does tend to overrate the Sudanese guys a bit in general - I'd be close to certain Andrew ends up at the Demons

From memory, KM had Bigoa Nyuon top 20 (went Pick 54) and rated Buku Khamis quite high too (went undrafted in ND so we cat B rookied). He does tend to overrate the Sudanese guys a bit in general - I'd be close to certain Andrew ends up at the Demons

Cal Twomey also rates Andrew as almost certain to be top 20

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds like we’ve had very informal chats with Billings’ management. Very non-committal both ways. Asked what sort of deal the Dees could do, told about the culture of signing for fair but less than market value. Was told 600k was around the mark. Figure to go back to Jack for consideration. Not confident apparently.

There are a couple of others that I’m trying to get more on, but sounds like one was Mitch Wallis. Looking for a F50 pressure player apparently. Not much more on that sorry.

Rubbish.

Keep the father son. It's been a great traditional pathway.

You wouldn't whinge if Luke Darcy played at the dees and Sam was on his way to us.
Who is whinging? If we got a number 1 draft pick out of it, I’d take it, but it doesn’t mean that the system is any less bogus. Zones were traditional pathways as well but they were binned in favour of a draft system. The draft system is set up as an equalisation measure - remove sentiment from it - it is objectively stupid for top 4 teams to get the best picks in a draft system.

Swans got massively f’ed over on COLA/after Buddy. They deserve to get looked after re academy
yeah not getting an extra million in the salary cap as an injustice

Sounds like we’ve had very informal chats with Billings’ management. Very non-committal both ways. Asked what sort of deal the Dees could do, told about the culture of signing for fair but less than market value. Was told 600k was around the mark. Figure to go back to Jack for consideration. Not confident apparently.

There are a couple of others that I’m trying to get more on, but sounds like one was Mitch Wallis. Looking for a F50 pressure player apparently. Not much more on that sorry.

Billings would be great as a FA. Gives us another skilled outside mid/half forward.

Not sold on Wallis though - he’s not super quick. Is he a FA too?

Who we going to delist this year? Mitch Brown, Daw, Bradtke spring to mind just off the top of my head, plus Jones and Jetta to retire.
Probably not too many others need to lose a spot unless they're definitely not going to make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who we going to delist this year? Mitch Brown, Daw, Bradtke spring to mind just off the top of my head, plus Jones and Jetta to retire.
Probably not too many others need to lose a spot unless they're definitely not going to make it.

I’d imagine Vanders and Neitsche (?) might struggle to get another gig depending on contract status. Hore maybe demoted to the rookie list?

I’d imagine Vanders and Neitsche (?) might struggle to get another gig depending on contract status. Hore maybe demoted to the rookie list?

If there's no real pressure on list numbers perhaps Neitschke gets another go to see if he can stay injury free and get a crack at it. Seems highly unlikely but I think clubs see it as good form these days to give players who suffer repeat knee injuries the best possible chance to make it.

Vanders needs to get some games and show he's still got it at AFL level to get another year, at this stage I'd say he probably isn't necessarily worth a spot next year.

From Cal Twomey afl.com.au

Mac Andrew's performance for Vic Country in last week's under-19 clash with Vic Metro was particularly eye-catching and sees the athletic ruckman/forward come back into the team of the year after missing several weeks through concussion.

Andrew has elevated himself into being a likely top-10 selection, meaning Melbourne would be unable to match a bid on the Next Generation Academy prospect.

He's back in his draftee team of the year.

Mac Andrew's performance for Vic Country in last week's under-19 clash with Vic Metro was particularly eye-catching and sees the athletic ruckman/forward come back into the team of the year after missing several weeks through concussion.

Andrew has elevated himself into being a likely top-10 selection, meaning Melbourne would be unable to match a bid on the Next Generation Academy prospect.

fu**

Yeah I have given up on us getting him, not too worried to be honest we just need to find the pieces that can compliment our side now and try to finally win this elusive premiership.

fu**
I wouldn't be slitting wrists just yet.

He's very athletic, but he's very raw. I think there will be some other talls taken before him.

Jack Williams, Jacob Van Rooyen, Rhett Bazzo are all around the 10-20 range at least. I know they aren't as highly touted in some mock drafts, but I'd be very surprised if there hasn't been standard west coast whispers so they don't go too high.

Andrews is definitely playing the better footy now though, I just wonder if there will be a recruiter gamble on taking a young, raw athlete that high.

Also, there will be 3 father sons, and gold coast selection inside the top 10, so I'm cautiously optimistic he slips through to 20.

Further to my comments regarding Andrews last week...

Without trying to sound like Tom Browne, was speaking with a mate who long story short, has a bit of a contact with one of the Adelaide clubs.

1- people at club very surprised if there was any more football played at vfl level this year.

2- there is also pessimism about U/19 carnival proceeding at all. Restrictions have usually meant U/18 can start before over 18 physical contact sport.

3- expect clubs to be open to downgrading first round picks for multiple second round picks purely because there isn't as much exposed form.

4- Mac Andrews showed great form at the worst possible time for us, as that last quarter cameo will be the lasting impression.

5- there is rising concern about the talent pool in upcoming years. Not because of quality, but definitely quantity.

Hello guys, I come in peace. Just wondering if there is any chance of Luke Jackson being traded? I noticed he only signed a 1 year extension which I found odd

Hello guys, I come in peace. Just wondering if there is any chance of Luke Jackson being traded? I noticed he only signed a 1 year extension which I found odd
No

if he wants to be traded back home of course there's a chance. Why ask a bunch of flogs on bigfooty? like we'd have a ******* clue or any inside info.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back