List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently $2mil in cap space next year.
Freo go Lobb + 8 for pick 2. (Or Lobb + 6).
Offer Dees 2, 8 and 19 for Jacko.

Means as the reigning premiers we all of a sudden have 2, 8, 17 and 19.

I absolutely want to keep Jacko but if they come to the party with that it starts to get very interesting.
I guarantee that Sam 'Scoops' McClueless will be running with this as fact in the next 48 hours

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

As good as Jacko will be you'd be mad not to bring in 3 first round picks to develop together in the same year if you're Freo
Anyone offering 3 first rounders for a player on our list that isn't called Petracca or Oliver is totally inept in their job

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Freo losing Cerra and potentially Lobb free up a lot of coin. There was word Neale to Freo might still happen but seems nothing further has happened there. No doubt Freo will make a big play for Jackson but I’m thinking next year if he doesn’t resign during the season. We need to keep him.

So when is this Hawthorn firesale starting? Kennett has already apologised to the members for what is about to happen.

So when is this Hawthorn firesale starting? Kennett has already apologised to the members for what is about to happen.
thats just Jeff getting himself some media exposure so he can stroke his ego again

This has all the markers of blowing up in Hawthorns face. They are openly trying to move on players, so far with no takers. Could see those players ending up leaving the club for much less than Hawthorn would like. Looks similar to how Lewis left Hawthorn but on a bigger scale.

This has all the markers of blowing up in Hawthorns face. They are openly trying to move on players, so far with no takers. Could see those players ending up leaving the club for much less than Hawthorn would like. Looks similar to how Lewis left Hawthorn but on a bigger scale.
The Lewis and SMitchell moves kinda made sense though as they were older and no longer key pieces of the team talent-wise (ignoring leadership, 'cultural' value). Offing TMitchell, Wingard, JOM, etc leaves them very thin on talent especially in the guts.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hawks turn into a rabble for a 4-5 year period under Mitchell/Kennett

Telling all of your over 26s that they're up for trade is one way to get there pretty quickly.

Has MFC 08-10 written all over it.

Seems like those on the Hawks board have heard similar things about the over 26 policy - even if the story has been blown out of proportion, imagine being Sicily, Impey, Gunston, Breust, JOM, Mitchell etc

Some will get traded and the others that don't might start looking for an exit out of the club over the next year or two.

There's nothing wrong with selling off assets to hit the draft, but wholesale "up for trades" for any player over a certain age just sounds idiotic

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Hawks don't really have a choice though, they should have started rebuilding 2-3 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be certain of that.

Well, I'm certain Jeff stroking his ego...

But they're very keen to move on Wingard and/or Mitchell. Going to be a spicy end to trade period I think.
This has a very Crazy Vossy theme written all over it

Legendary three peat coach (Matthews & Clarko) leaves club with a hand over to a former captain and club legend who was there through the successful period

Then the new coach (Voss & Mitchell) goes about trying to get rid of senior players straight off the bat

What could go wrong?

Legendary three peat coach (Matthews & Clarko) leaves club with a hand over to a former captain and club legend who was there through the successful period

Then the new coach (Voss & Mitchell) goes about trying to get rid of senior players straight off the bat

What could go wrong?

I think Jonathan Brown said once that the senior players were telling Voss when he came on that they thought with a few top ups the club would be able to challenge for a flag and he believed them.

This feels more like Hawthorn are tanking the list. The infamous "youth policy" rings a bell.

I think Jonathan Brown said once that the senior players were telling Voss when he came on that they thought with a few top ups the club would be able to challenge for a flag and he believed them.

This feels more like Hawthorn are tanking the list. The infamous "youth policy" rings a bell.
It wasn't him trying to trade in the missing pieces, it was him trying to move on loyal servants that caused the issues

Tim Lamb just said there's never been an internal or external conversation about Luke Jackson moving to Fremantle.

:devil:

What could go wrong?
Haha, very much so.

"Do it my way". Be interesting to see if they pull the trigger.

Haha, very much so.

"Do it my way". Be interesting to see if they pull the trigger.
It's got to hurt team morale if it doesn't eventuate

Three or four leaders of the club expected to go back to the club and lead it after the coach has tried very hard to * them all off. Especially considering the club are looking at pissing anyone over the age of 26 off, doesn't help drive a winning culture when the coach is basically saying we can't win for the next 5 years

Seems like those on the Hawks board have heard similar things about the over 26 policy - even if the story has been blown out of proportion, imagine being Sicily, Impey, Gunston, Breust, JOM, Mitchell etc

Some will get traded and the others that don't might start looking for an exit out of the club over the next year or two.

There's nothing wrong with selling off assets to hit the draft, but wholesale "up for trades" for any player over a certain age just sounds idiotic

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Hawks don't really have a choice though, they should have started rebuilding 2-3 years ago.
Seem to recall another club, about 10-12 years ago who moved on all their senior players and went down the youth path.

🤔

It's got to hurt team morale if it doesn't eventuate

Three or four leaders of the club expected to go back to the club and lead it after the coach has tried very hard to fu** them all off. Especially considering the club are looking at pissing anyone over the age of 26 off, doesn't help drive a winning culture when the coach is basically saying we can't win for the next 5 years
Especially those that asked to be traded there for success in the past 3 or 4 years.

Especially those that asked to be traded there for success in the past 3 or 4 years.
same guys would have gone there to play under the greatest coach in the league

Only for the club to get spooked and sack him in order to promote an untried coach who is now hell bent on dismantling their list

Get the popcorn ready and sit back and enjoy watching Mitchell burn that place to the ground I say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back