List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a no ranga policy at St Kilda.

We'll make an exception for Clayton Oliver though.
Jake Bowey? His old man was a Saint

We got Dean Kent from you guys.

We got stiffed

I'm still on the fence whether they make finals next year.

They can easily win 10 games but when you're carrying a team nearly made up of 30 year olds then injuries will catch up to their bodies eventually

Dangerfield, Hawkins and Selwood are all 33 and 34 next year. I mean I can easily reel off a list of names that are 30 plus who I think we'll struggle next year. Same names that struggled this year.

How are they all 33 and 34 if Danger is 31?

Nah they’re cooked.

Formline at the end of the year:
Loss 19pts
Win 14pts
Loss 4pts
Loss 43pts
Win 35pts
Loss 83pts

And that was with everyone bar Stewart fit for most of that run.

They will make finals in 2022, do absolutely no damage and then the retirements will start to kick in
Lmao I don't think they'll do any damage next year but using their form line is ******* stupid

They went 2-4 including 2 losses to the premier, one of which they were infront of the premier by 44

Is this team that went 3-4 to finish the year cooked?

Lost by 13
Lost by 27
Lost by 2
Won by 49
Won by 1
Won by 71
Lost 74

Brayden Sier is an interesting delisting, given Collingwood are s**t and he played in a GF three years ago when they were good and he was 20. Must have gone a fair way backwards quickly

Lmao I don't think they'll do any damage next year but using their form line is ******* stupid

They went 2-4 including 2 losses to the premier, one of which they were infront of the premier by 44

Is this team that went 3-4 to finish the year cooked?

Lost by 13
Lost by 27
Lost by 2
Won by 49
Won by 1
Won by 71
Lost 74

100% cooked imo. :tearsofjoy:

Looking at Melbourne's form line over the last six games, seems to me to be a team who has a premiership in the bag.

I should become a professional form analyst and bet on the nags for a living now I know how to read form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In hindsight they shouldn't have gotten Cameron IMO. He isn't going to be anywhere near able to carry the forwardline like Hawkins has when the big fella retires in a year or two.

They’ve gone all in with this older playing group because they know the pain that’s coming up.

They basically had no real choice, so going for Cameron and even now Ceglar as the one last, not really this time, hurrah makes sense.
Yes they traded currency for Cameron, but they would’ve been very lucky to get genuine team redefining talents with a pick 14 or 17 or whatever they gave up.

Geelong’s last shot at it with Selwood, Hawkins, Dangerfield etc. is 2022. They won’t get it done because there’s just better teams around. I think it would be best for them if they crash hard in 2022 and at least they can stop hoping their strategy may work because they still finish high up, and rebuild hard from 2022 trade and draft period.

When they crash, it will be a hard crash. That will mean they will likely have a couple of years of top five draft picks and another pick in the 20s and that can really set them up if they nail those picks. Add a couple of Geelong area raised free agents returning and they will be (annoyingly) OK again in 2025 or 2026.

They’ve gone all in with this older playing group because they know the pain that’s coming up.

They basically had no real choice, so going for Cameron and even now Ceglar as the one last, not really this time, hurrah makes sense.
Yes they traded currency for Cameron, but they would’ve been very lucky to get genuine team redefining talents with a pick 14 or 17 or whatever they gave up.

Geelong’s last shot at it with Selwood, Hawkins, Dangerfield etc. is 2022. They won’t get it done because there’s just better teams around. I think it would be best for them if they crash hard in 2022 and at least they can stop hoping their strategy may work because they still finish high up, and rebuild hard from 2022 trade and draft period.

When they crash, it will be a hard crash. That will mean they will likely have a couple of years of top five draft picks and another pick in the 20s and that can really set them up if they nail those picks. Add a couple of Geelong area raised free agents returning and they will be (annoyingly) OK again in 2025 or 2026.
I reckon their list under 30 is in worse shape then what Melbourne was by the end of 2007, but they probably won't stuff up their rebuild like Melbourne from 07-11.

I reckon their list under 30 is in worse shape then what Melbourne was by the end of 2007, but they probably won't stuff up their rebuild like Melbourne from 07-11.

Yes, they probably won’t have an incompetent recruiting team, probably won’t purge all players with leadership qualities, and probably will invest in development of young players.

Starting to see clubs announce more delistings. Still no new on Hore, Declase and Hibberd.

Interestingly on grand final day watching all the pre game stuff Jon Ralph stated that Hibberd would sign a new 1 year deal and it would be announced few days after the grand final.

Starting to see clubs announce more delistings. Still no new on Hore, Declase and Hibberd.

Interestingly on grand final day watching all the pre game stuff Jon Ralph stated that Hibberd would sign a new 1 year deal and it would be announced few days after the grand final.
PIgs probably considering retirement. Isn't guaranteed best 22 next year.

Can't see us delisting 2 more unless we need extra space for mid season picks. We already have to use draft pick 47 or whatever, can't see us taking on extra rookies

Problem for Geelong is it’s hard to see which of their younger players are going to replace their older brigade as they taper off over the next few years, there’s genuinely no elite talent that you can see stepping up and filling the void in 2,3,4 years time.

They’ll probably still make top 4 next season, but younger and better sides will overun them at the pointy end of the season, feels like 2020 was really their golden opportunity with this current group.

Won’t write off Geelong until they’re actually looking cooked ladder wise though.

Problem for Geelong is it’s hard to see which of their younger players are going to replace their older brigade as they taper off over the next few years, there’s genuinely no elite talent that you can see stepping up and filling the void in 2,3,4 years time.

They’ll probably still make top 4 next season, but younger and better sides will overun them at the pointy end of the season, feels like 2020 was really their golden opportunity with this current group.

Won’t write off Geelong until they’re actually looking cooked ladder wise though.

Personally I think there done and about to head free fall down the cliff. I expect Brisbane, Richmond, Port and Sydney to leap frog them and along with the Dogs be our main challenges. A couple of injuries and they could miss finals.

PIgs probably considering retirement. Isn't guaranteed best 22 next year.

Can't see us delisting 2 more unless we need extra space for mid season picks. We already have to use draft pick 47 or whatever, can't see us taking on extra rookies
This was my thought exactly about Hib. Reckon now that he's gotten himself a premiership and the dust has settled a bit, he potentially may have had a change of heart and decided to step away on his own positive terms knowing he'll battle to get a spot next year.

This was my thought exactly about Hib. Reckon now that he's gotten himself a premiership and the dust has settled a bit, he potentially may have had a change of heart and decided to step away on his own positive terms knowing he'll battle to get a spot next year.
I love the pig, but my guess is the club will want to give Hunt and Tomlinson/Hore etc a crack at his spot.

Yes, they probably won’t have an incompetent recruiting team, probably won’t purge all players with leadership qualities, and probably will invest in development of young players.
For all the talk of how great Wells is he hasn't had many hits in the last 15-odd years. Granted he's had few high first rounders to work with, but he's talked of as some guru who'll get a gun each year at pick 50 when that clearly isn't the case.

For all the talk of how great Wells is he hasn't had many hits in the last 15-odd years. Granted he's had few high first rounders to work with, but he's talked of as some guru who'll get a gun each year at pick 50 when that clearly isn't the case.
Lol and this is exactly what I ment when I said how can you judge Taylor.

Wells put together the list that won 3 flags. Now he gets s**t picks he's no good.

So did Geelong just have better coaches in the 00s or do they have s**t coaches now. Or have they set up a system that suits older blokes not younger ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back