List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be shocked if we don't take him late. Could be a bargain. Looks to have the work ethic as well. A solid player at this level without being a standout. Put him in our system with Trac/Oliver/Viney showing him the way, and he could become a very handy player..

Wants to come to the Dees which is nice to see.

Ran a 2.89 in the 20m sprint - the fastest at the WA combine, and that time would've been in the top 10 nationally in the last five drafts. So the athleticism is there. Sounds like he is a late bloomer.
combine results mean nothing. like i previously mentioned wasnt Jack watts one of the quickest recorded? But he played so slowly

combine results mean nothing. like i previously mentioned wasnt Jack watts one of the quickest recorded? But he played so slowly
In a stunning revelation, it turns out that Jack Watts and Taj Woewodin are two different people.

Naitanui also broke records in that combine, they were both physically elite prospects but mentally they were worlds apart.

No evidence of that given we didn't draft Kobe Farmer last year. If Woey 2 is drafted then they've seen something in him.
Have to agree with you old chum. Was a VFL level player to begin with and we decided not to keep him.
Clearly not an elite kick as old mate said, if we thought he was any chance we wouldn't have delisted him

I'd be more than happy to look at Jarrod Brander as a DFA, though I guess he probably offers similar utility value to Tomlinson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside of the top 40
Is it supposed to be a pretty shallow draft? Hard for kids to develop over the past couple of years. I guess if you're a late pick in one of the only states kids can actually play it's a bit of a red flag.

Is it supposed to be a pretty shallow draft? Hard for kids to develop over the past couple of years. I guess if you're a late pick in one of the only states kids can actually play it's a bit of a red flag.

Disagree.

I am not much of a draft watcher, but most of the AFL prospects are usually identified at around the u15/16 level. Some even earlier. It is rare for a kid to push themselves into draft contention during the final year of junior footy.

One thing I hope is that the club arranged to get Luke Jackson and Trent Rivers down to East Fremantle at some point over the past month to advocate how bloody brilliant everything is going at the Dees. I mean Taj will surely have had contact from a long way out but I wouldn't mind a look at Jack Williams with pick 17.

It’s the exception rather than the rule that potential draftees show much that changes recruiters’ minds in the last one or two years before they get to the draft. Pretty sure one or two years ago the consensus was that Woewoedin was a back end (ie rookie pick level) talent so not a surprise it hasn’t changed. I imagine the recruiters are judging him based on what other kids playing Colts/WAFL are doing or have done in previous years.

I wonder how much of a issue it is with covid, not being able to get to games live to see prospective draftees for recruiters these days.
I know they have vision of players but seeing it live can't be beat. Could make pulling late gems from the draft a lot harder now.

I wonder how much of a issue it is with covid, not being able to get to games live to see prospective draftees for recruiters these days.
I know they have vision of players but seeing it live can't be beat. Could make pulling late gems from the draft a lot harder now.
Our recruiting team did a lot of trips out to WA in 2019 for whatever reason. It’s mentioned in To Hell and Back after they draft Rivers, they say it “really makes all that travel” to WA worthwhile. Guess we saw a lot of Taj then. Worse for interstate recruiters, there’s barely been any junior footy in Victoria in the last two years so they would have had to have been here for that brief window this year which would have been difficult given worries about being able to get home afterwards etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back