List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

TheBoss

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Congratulations to whoever our first round draftee is!

I am sure he will be a future premiership captain and rack up over 200 games in the red and blue. He was an absolute steal, I can't believe that that all of the other clubs passed on him! What nuffies!

TheBoss

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Nice article, only has nice things to say about the club.

It is a shame that Gil cucked the NGA rules right before it paid off for us, but at least Mac Andrew seems to appreciate the opportunity the club gave him to fast track his development

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oooh that one hurt.

Dees were very keen on Wilmot. Might even have rang and asked Brisbane for a swap...

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jacob Van Rooyen

Claremont, WAFL
State: Western Australia
Height: 193cm
Weight: 91kg
Date of Birth: 16/04/03

Tall defender or forward who showed his real talent in an outstanding game across half-back for Western Australia in the NAB AFL Challenge match against South Australia. Rooyen took eight marks and had 12 disposals in an eye-catching performance, then swung forward in final moments of the Toyota AFL Grand Final curtain-raiser to kick the winning goal for his state. His versatility and aerial craft have drawn comparisons to West Coast emerging star Oscar Allen. Van Rooyen kicked 34 goals in nine matches at under-18s WAFL level to prove his swingman ability, along with playing mainly forward in five senior matches with Claremont this year. He is also another player to benefit from representing Australia at under-18s level against Geelong's VFL team in April this year. His 3.06 seconds for 20 metres at the NAB AFL Draft Combine was a sound indication of his acceleration for a player of his size.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Van Rooyen:think:
Personally I'm stoked to get him.

Always hard judging with the lack of footy over here compared to wa/Sa.

But watched a couple of games of his mid year and thought he would go top 10. Tough and courageous in the air, second efforts for a big are great too. Kicks nice.

Hopefully we don't need him to play next year at all and he can just bide his time at Casey, but I really like the look of him.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Love the pick, haven't been across this draft but he was one player in our range that I had my eyes on. Fits perfectly for when guys like May and McDonald get into their 30s, or if Weideman just doesn't develop any further.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I can't believe this sh*t is dragged out over 2 days! WTF?? I tuned in and heard the clown Brad Johnson tell the viewers that the North Melbourne Football Club were absolutely flying, then I turned it off. Didn't they come last? They are a rabble..

Looks like a decent selection for us. Exactly what we needed tbh. TMac and Brown getting on. Weid unsure. Our midfield looks set for a number of years so looking for talls is a no brainer. Go hard for Mac Andrew in a few years too I reckon. GC are a mess. Hopefully grab Taj tomorrow night and another JT special!

8 premiership players were 21 or younger. Basically every position covered except for a key forward. Good selection to go with our young core

Pretty handy pickup, Got time to develop but he's got a good frame and looks a little bit ready. Might sneak in at some point maybe next year should we lose a player

Back