List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

On the draft and trade board Lore said that there is a rule that you can't trade a pick back to a club that has been traded to you. Potentially we were trying to trade the pick 39 to Adelaide as part of the deal to get 36 which isn't allowed as we received 39 from Adelaide initially.
They just said this on the stream, you're 100% correct 👏

We'd committed to Taj with our next pick which we can match anytime. So with other clubs moving up the order we've traded our picks and managed to bank a future 3rd and future 4th knowing we can still take Taj. That's my read

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know why but when Blake's name was called I instantly thought of Milhouse playing Bonestorm

This is great and all Ive done is enter my name "thrillhow"

Personally I'm stoked to get him.

Always hard judging with the lack of footy over here compared to wa/Sa.

But watched a couple of games of his mid year and thought he would go top 10. Tough and courageous in the air, second efforts for a big are great too. Kicks nice.

Hopefully we don't need him to play next year at all and he can just bide his time at Casey, but I really like the look of him.

Havent looked into a second of the draft this year but on the highlights ive seen since we drafted him he looks like a very Jason Taylor pick. ie: A footballer not an athlete, good fundamentals.

You'd assume the plan is to play him as a forward? (or perhaps a backup plan incase Petty leaves)

Havent looked into a second of the draft this year but on the highlights ive seen since we drafted him he looks like a very Jason Taylor pick. ie: A footballer not an athlete, good fundamentals.

You'd assume the plan is to play him as a forward? (or perhaps a backup plan incase Petty leaves)
i think Petty just signed on for 4 more years or something so he shouldn't be going anywhere soon.

Petty just signed for four years

i think Petty just signed on for 4 more years or something so he shouldn't be going anywhere soon.

Good stuff, ive probably missed a lot of news with us, consumed with NFL at this time of year as per usual.

That’s how steals work though

The concept of labelling anything a steal on draft night is ludicrous.

There are only differences between popular opinion published in the media and what happens, which is just different teams valuing different things.

I’d be very happy if all of Melbourne’s picks do turn out to be steals once there’s some sort of form for their AFL level abilities. Right now they’ve mostly played against other kids.

Yes and No.

The reason he was linked for Melbourne’s first, which makes getting him 20 picks later look great, was because it got around Melbourne were into him - and the journo guessed the wrong pick.

In other words, it was Melbourne that inadvertently created the interest that made Howes appear as a top 20 prospect.

If he was a genuine steal someone else would’ve already drafted Howes.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope Howes is great, but it’s not a coup until Howes proves something at AFL level.

What I’m interested in is what Melbourne were up to that the AFL rejected with the Adelaide pick 36. It could only have been they thought Howes was going to get picked up at 37 or 38, or Melbourne were really into someone they missed at 36, 37 or 38.

Agree with you but plenty of sides were linked as interested in him around the pick 20 mark.

He was definitely a genuine slider and we were keen much earlier.

Its a great result.

Sort of reminds me of the TMac pick some years ago. A bit of a swing man who was recruited as a potential forward. Fingers crossed this one works out as well as that!

I certainly hope he is better than Tmac! Tmac was a horrific backman. One of the worst decision makers and turned is over by foot time and time again. Thank God they simplified things and put him in the forward line so he doesn't have to make decisions anymore. just see ball, mark ball, kick goal.

But Weideman will take over his spot this year I think. He had a horrific last 8 weeks of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back