News 2021 Trade/Free Agent News and reported targets Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not to discuss current Hawthorn players and whether they’re tradeable, who they're linked to or what you think they’re worth.

This thread is about our Trade targets at other clubs that are linked to us via media(not facebook pages).

Reminder, we are also not thinking up trade hypotheticals of how you would get it done in here, or asking what these players we are linked to are worth.

Herald Sun article about our interest in Max Lynch. I just saw the headline. I have no link.

Herald Sun website:
Several other clubs, including Hawthorn, the Bulldogs, Brisbane, Sydney and even Geelong, are also surveying the ruck market.

The Hawks told veteran Jon Ceglar, who is contracted for next season, to explore his options two years after the Lions tried to lure him from Waverley Park as a free agent.

Industry sources believe Hawthorn would be willing to pay a chunk of Ceglar’s salary to help organise a trade.

The Hawks are among the suitors for Port Adelaide ruckman Peter Ladhams, who Power officials made clear in his exit meeting was unlikely to leapfrog Scott Lycett to become the club’s No. 1 option.

Ceglar, who turns 31 in February, and Hawthorn captain Ben McEvoy, 32, are both out of contract next season, with the Hawks’ only other listed ruckman being five-gamer Ned Reeves.

Hawthorn inquired about Collingwood’s Max Lynch last year as well.

The Swans have renewed interest in Ladhams, a player they’ve asked about previously.

Port Adelaide football boss Chris Davies has made it clear it wouldn’t give Ladhams away cheaply, even though his back-ended deal peaks next season.

A second-round pick looms as his potential trade value if he is to move.

Herald Sun website:
Several other clubs, including Hawthorn, the Bulldogs, Brisbane, Sydney and even Geelong, are also surveying the ruck market.

The Hawks told veteran Jon Ceglar, who is contracted for next season, to explore his options two years after the Lions tried to lure him from Waverley Park as a free agent.

Industry sources believe Hawthorn would be willing to pay a chunk of Ceglar’s salary to help organise a trade.

The Hawks are among the suitors for Port Adelaide ruckman Peter Ladhams, who Power officials made clear in his exit meeting was unlikely to leapfrog Scott Lycett to become the club’s No. 1 option.

Ceglar, who turns 31 in February, and Hawthorn captain Ben McEvoy, 32, are both out of contract next season, with the Hawks’ only other listed ruckman being five-gamer Ned Reeves.

Hawthorn inquired about Collingwood’s Max Lynch last year as well.

The Swans have renewed interest in Ladhams, a player they’ve asked about previously.

Port Adelaide football boss Chris Davies has made it clear it wouldn’t give Ladhams away cheaply, even though his back-ended deal peaks next season.

A second-round pick looms as his potential trade value if he is to move.

Thanks for posting the article 👌

For anyone on Twitter, the Hawks Insiders crew do a nightly Trade Space at 8:30pm and tonight we'll be joined by Mitch Cleary, who's definitely one of the best in the business when it comes to getting info and breaking news at this time of the year.

Can’t see him breaking much news on that program. His boss will be less than impressed if he does.

Can’t see him breaking much news on that program. His boss will be less than impressed if he does.

Yeah. It's good to see these types of things available, I think Hawk Talk do a show too, but what are they going to even talk about? The over saturation of all trade week is so lame.

Maybe not, but guys like Mitch giving Hawthorn specific insights into what we're looking to do, how we might look to do it, etc. is probably better than anything on TV at 8:30pm on a Thursday night post footy season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. It's good to see these types of things available, I think Hawk Talk do a show too, but what are they going to even talk about? The over saturation of all trade week is so lame.
I think it's just an opportunity to be able to talk about Hawthorn specific news from that day of the trade period. Consider it a trade debrief. Unlike Trade Radio which is 11 hours of nails down the chalkboard.

Hi all. Someone posted on our board that they heard Matt Rendell today stating he thinks Adelaide and Hawthorn are lining up a deal. Anyone heard any news?. I can only think it might be if you guys are trying to creep up the order to make a play for callaghan?.

Still think he goes at 2 to GWS. Especially if Cogs is traded to Freo like the new rumour suggests.

Yes, that is what I was thinking.

Collingwood were being too optimistic so we walked away.

Then, when reality set in for them, we got what we wanted at the price we wanted.

Personally, I am not keen on Ladhams. He wants to be a Ruck. What we need is a young Fwd / Ruck to partner Reeves.

However, I will trust the club to know more than I do.

100% agree. We need a David Hale type.

Hi all. Someone posted on our board that they heard Matt Rendell today stating he thinks Adelaide and Hawthorn are lining up a deal. Anyone heard any news?. I can only think it might be if you guys are trying to creep up the order to make a play for callaghan?.

Rendell stated on the late trade that Adelaide and Hawks going for GWS picks 2 and GCS 3. Said they will discuss it more tomorrow. Sounded like purer speculation.

Rendell stated on the late trade that Adelaide and Hawks going for GWS picks 2 and GCS 3. Said they will discuss it more tomorrow. Sounded like purer speculation.
They will be looking at splitting the pick into value to acquire Dawson from the swans.

Adelaide trading their Pick 4 isn't just speculation.

I think we've made it clear that we have a final offer in front of Sydney and we're looking to have that finalised before the end of the day because 'we have other things to work on next week'....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back