News 2021 Trade/Free Agent News and reported targets Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not to discuss current Hawthorn players and whether they’re tradeable, who they're linked to or what you think they’re worth.

This thread is about our Trade targets at other clubs that are linked to us via media(not facebook pages).

Reminder, we are also not thinking up trade hypotheticals of how you would get it done in here, or asking what these players we are linked to are worth.

Literally the same thing 🤷‍♂️
No, because I have it on good authority that we are one of many clubs that have engaged Bolton’s management.

That’s why it’s here.

A defensive mid I rate is darcy tucker Vic boy 24 and Pretty sure he is out of contract. Very highly rated internally at Fremantle..
We looked at him last year.

No, because I have it on good authority that we are one of many clubs that have engaged Bolton’s management.

That’s why it’s here.

I think the only way we get Bolton or Cerra is if we finish bottom and pick them 1st in the preseason draft. As Richmond would want or first pick in the ND for starters for him.

I think the only way we get Bolton or Cerra is if we finish bottom and pick them 1st in the preseason draft. As Richmond would want or first pick in the ND for starters for him.
Yes, we’re not going to be able to pay the trade price for either.

Only way we get Bolton is to pay $1M a year. Something other clubs simply can’t go close to paying. He would otherwise have no reason to join the 17th side. Won’t happen

SPS has class that we are in need of. Definitely needs more midfield time and would be a perfect piece for the club to target. He is one of those guys that will hit up targets inside 50 regularly if given more opportunity.

A midfielder who doesnt get a lot of the ball and doesnt kick goals.

I feel like we have a few of those already.

I think the odds that Bolton will be at Hawthorn next year are roughly the same as me being at Hawthorn next year.

(I'm jogging a few km, just in case)

I think the odds that Bolton will be at Hawthorn next year are roughly the same as me being at Hawthorn next year.

(I'm jogging a few km, just in case)
Hit the track hard. We can gofundme for a personal trainer and for God sake learn to kick with both feet

Will cost too much to extricate in both $$ and trade currency.

We need to find players in 21-24 age group who want opportunity and aren’t yet going to demand a massive trade fee.
Exactly, need to find another Scrimshaw or players of that ilk.
Shown talent, regressed, plateaud but new guidance and surrounds could see them flourish.

Fishing for the big tuna and marlin is a waste of time.

What we need to do is load up on young talent for the next 2 years, and play them

The only players we would attract at the moment are guys looking for a healthy pay rise
This post is exactly the route we should be taking. We need to draft hard and find our own Shai Bolton’s. If we feel there’s a chance in obtaining guys like how we got Scrimshaw and Impey on the cheap then by all means that is awesome but it’s kind of obvious now that the above mentioned route is the best way for us to go. Shelling out for a FA is the step we take once we have gathered extra quality talent through the draft to compliment our younger core of Day, DGB etc with Sicily, Hardwick, CJ becoming our young veterans. Titch, JOM and Wingard should all be on the table and if a good offer comes then it’s time to cash in. Unfortunately I think the window to deal Gunston and Breust has now passed and the return just wouldn’t be worth it so you now keep them as the senior leaders. Time to make some tough calls that benefit ls the club and some individuals too.

Given how much joy we've had on this board (and supporters in general) watching players like Worpel and Day come through taking pick 2/first round picks to the draft is worth a lot more than just the players onfield ability.
I'm all for adding talent like Cerra, but I think at this stage watching players develop from day dot would mean more for the supporter culture than adding already established talent.
Cerra + Freo's first rounder for our first could be an option, but I wouldn't want anything less than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra is a safe option, he will be a 200 game player in this league and deliver at a pretty high level. Will he ever be a top 20 player in the comp though ? Highly unlikely.
Also highly unlikely whoever we draft will be. My preference is to keep the pick but playing the odds on draft picks, very good chance Cerra is better than whoever we draft. But we all have that dream of picking that next superstar

Also highly unlikely whoever we draft will be. My preference is to keep the pick but playing the odds on draft picks, very good chance Cerra is better than whoever we draft. But we all have that dream of picking that next superstar

Agree with that wholeheartedly.

Cerra is a safe option, he will be a 200 game player in this league and deliver at a pretty high level. Will he ever be a top 20 player in the comp though ? Highly unlikely.
not worth 2nd worth a first rounder though PSD with a price on his head is a better price but Norf have money too

SPS has class that we are in need of. Definitely needs more midfield time and would be a perfect piece for the club to target. He is one of those guys that will hit up targets inside 50 regularly if given more opportunity.
SPS is a really ordinary footballer. He doesn't have class. Can't get a game for Carlton. No thanks.

Its the second time I've seen cerra live this year , he is so criminally underrated outside of wa. He will always be a 25 possession winner but in a league where talent is pretty thin he is worth every $$$. He is more outside then inside but the way he moves through traffic and make the right decision is exactly what we need. Improving every year and I think there is every chance he ends up a top 10 midfielder in time.

Its the second time I've seen cerra live this year , he is so criminally underrated outside of wa. He will always be a 25 possession winner but in a league where talent is pretty thin he is worth every $$$. He is more outside then inside but the way he moves through traffic and make the right decision is exactly what we need. Improving every year and I think there is every chance he ends up a top 10 midfielder in time.

I completely agree. Things can change throughout the year but I would rather Cerra on the list next year than one of Sonsie/Roberts/Sinn/Johnson. No disrespect to those guys but Cerra is so clean with his hands and his kicks are low and targeted. Knows how to absorb contact, go in for a clearance when needed and he's finding the footy this year. Maybe the closest thing to a young Pendles running around right now. I don't buy into him being limited just because he doesn't look like a Bont/Petracca clone.

I completely agree. Things can change throughout the year but I would rather Cerra on the list next year than one of Sonsie/Roberts/Sinn/Johnson. No disrespect to those guys but Cerra is so clean with his hands and his kicks are low and targeted. Knows how to absorb contact, go in for a clearance when needed and he's finding the footy this year. Maybe the closest thing to a young Pendles running around right now. I don't buy into him being limited just because he doesn't look like a Bont/Petracca clone.

I'd like cerra and one of those players. I still think he might sign short term , but I understand his gf is pretty keen to go back to Vic. Freo's injuries are also becoming a real concern, if I was a player I would be becoming frustrated .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back