News 2021 Trade/Free Agent News and reported targets Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not to discuss current Hawthorn players and whether they’re tradeable, who they're linked to or what you think they’re worth.

This thread is about our Trade targets at other clubs that are linked to us via media(not facebook pages).

Reminder, we are also not thinking up trade hypotheticals of how you would get it done in here, or asking what these players we are linked to are worth.

Not much to report Guys, I don’t like making things up.

One thing I will say is if anyone does leave, it’ll be on our terms. We’re playing this a lot better these days albeit from a lot further back.

As it stands don’t expect us to be a big player in trade week, think draft picks & role players.

If I hear anything else, rest assured you Guys will be the first to know.

Stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You've changed.

Not much to report Guys, I don’t like making things up.

One thing I will say is if anyone does leave, it’ll be on our terms. We’re playing this a lot better these days albeit from a lot further back.

As it stands don’t expect us to be a big player in trade week, think draft picks & role players.

If I hear anything else, rest assured you Guys will be the first to know.

Stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I love our work with Draft Picks & Role Players & it's what we need right now - great news!

Hi Brant, who is RoughandLove? Is opinion seems highly credible, roughly 44 people liked his post?
RoughandLove gets good Intel & shares with us periodically - as s/he said, s/he doesn't make stuff up & isn't sensationalist in posting.

*doesn't always mean the Intel comes to fruition of course, but I read those posts & feel confidant that the information was correct at the time it was received (stuff changes & that's nobody's fault).

Hawks interviewed and assessed Brett Bewley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R+L and a few others have posted this year that we are likely to be picking up role players - not big names this period.

The Hawks way for quite some time is to play a decent mix of kids along with hardened bodies who can take much of the brunt do the heavy lifting. Given we are in a rebuild, and dare I say, looking at a long-term vision for the list, blokes like Bewley make a bit of sense as they fit a good age profile. Despite being somewhat uninspiring....

Threads had a clean up, as there was a bit too much being made of the Bewley tidbit in here so it was shoved into the hypotheticals thread..

He'll be of one of many players will look at to see if they can fill a role, and won't necessarily end up in our colours.

Last edited:
As it may have been lost in the other thread, reported on another board that Brander is set to meet with Hawthorn on Wednesday.

For those who've watched Brander a bit, where do you see him fitting into our side?

He's 195cm and the Eagles look to have played him on the wing in 2020. Stuck behind Kennedy and Darling, we'll play him closer to home?

For those who've watched Brander a bit, where do you see him fitting into our side?

He's 195cm and the Eagles look to have played him on the wing in 2020. Stuck behind Kennedy and Darling, we'll play him closer to home?

Worth a watch, I don't think the games he has played for the Eagles represent his game. They have moved him around a lot of done a bit of damage IMO, a bit like Sam Petrevski-Seton

Worth a watch, I don't think the games he has played for the Eagles represent his game. They have moved him around a lot of done a bit of damage IMO, a bit like Sam Petrevski-Seton

I think there's more to it. He regressed from his first year in U18s to his second, which is a bit concerning - normally it's concerning for them to simply not improve that much but his stats and impact on games actually went down. Went from a potential #1 to #13 and even that's looking like it might have been too early.

If we see something in him, great, but wouldn't want us to give up much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back