News 2021 Trade/Free Agent News and reported targets Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not to discuss current Hawthorn players and whether they’re tradeable, who they're linked to or what you think they’re worth.

This thread is about our Trade targets at other clubs that are linked to us via media(not facebook pages).

Reminder, we are also not thinking up trade hypotheticals of how you would get it done in here, or asking what these players we are linked to are worth.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Brander could be developed for a 'life after Gunston' role.

The Eagles aren't offering him a new deal so we'd get him for very cheap and it's absolutely worth the gamble in that case.

Interestingly, we could hypothetically go into games with some super tall athletic freaks on every line.

Fwd: Jeka, Brander
Mid: Nash
Def: Frost

Certainly offers up some selection headaches for opposition sides.

Is the list RoughandLove posted linking us to him not enough now that he is supposedly on the trade table?
That was a speculative list of players, yeah, but we should be looking for real links/news now.

I dont think he has been too bad. His stats have improved every year basically and he's been played on a wing where most WC fans said they should have developed him up forward. 195cm, they take a little longer to develop the big lads.

I definitely agree. Not sure on brander specifically, but even the taller midfielders seem to take longer to develop.

kenneje

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Cerra officially nominated Carlton.
Don't know how much money they're spending on paper bags, but they seem to have a bunch of players on 800k plus

As for lipinski. Very smart man.
He knows that he'll get to the pies in the psd. The roos won't take him as he'd add nothing to their list make up.
Now when the pies "can't make it work," he can walk away appologising

Would love Cerra, but it was going to require us sending pick 5 to them, so glad we've kept out of it.

Lipinski is a great get for the Pies, him and Daicos will add a different dimension to their midfield next year.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Hawthorn had also been interested in the salary dump move involving Macpherson, with the Hawks' offer including a bid to claim the Suns' pick No.3 as part of the swap.

toomanysquibs

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
wonder if the thinking here is GWS take Andrews, leaving us the Callaghan

That would be a real break for us, on available evidence outside of JHF he's the one that would add most to our midfield.

DGB got through last year, and while it seems unlikely, there is some proof right there that drafts always include a smokey pic or surprise pass.

My gut says we don't get him though. We're too far back in the pack, though I think Mac Andrews could go anywhere (including to us even).

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
I have never wanted Hawthorn to miss out on getting a player so badly.

I was pretty happy when Coniglio 're-signed' at the Giants.

If we miss on Ladhams, just wait until he proves you right by sucking or playing up again. It's a rush of vindication!

PS. I'd like Ladhams. Can play. If Sam thinks he can get the best out of him and we can get it done for relatively cheap then I'm on board.

Books

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2005
On the Stairway to Heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NZ All-Blacks
I was pretty happy when Coniglio 're-signed' at the Giants.

If we miss on Ladhams, just wait until he proves you right by sucking or playing up again. It's a rush of vindication!

PS. I'd like Ladhams. Can play. If Sam thinks he can get the best out of him and we can get it done for relatively cheap then I'm on board.

Port want a first rounder!!! So I hope we laugh and walk away.

Port want a first rounder!!! So I hope we laugh and walk away.
It’s what they are willing to accept by Monday afternoon that will hold the key to anything happening with him.

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Everyone calm down re Ladhams.

When you are trying to sell something does anyone start at the lowest amount? There is another 7 days of negotiations to play out.

Port have thrown it out there to see if any club is silly enough to jump.

They will know he is worth a pick between 20-30 and I reckon it will get done over the next 7 days for this price.

Everyone calm down re Ladhams.

When you are trying to sell something does anyone start at the lowest amount? There is another 7 days of negotiations to play out.

Port have thrown it out there to see if any club is silly enough to jump.

They will know he is worth a pick between 20-30 and I reckon it will get done over the next 7 days for this price.
Hopefully to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back