News 2021 Trade/Free Agent News and reported targets Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not to discuss current Hawthorn players and whether they’re tradeable, who they're linked to or what you think they’re worth.

This thread is about our Trade targets at other clubs that are linked to us via media(not facebook pages).

Reminder, we are also not thinking up trade hypotheticals of how you would get it done in here, or asking what these players we are linked to are worth.

Moral hazard...
They can do whatever they want and know the AFL must bail them out - or worse, look the other way.
When Coniglio was eyeing leaving it was made very clear to him that GWS would be given…err, could find the cap space to match any FA bid from another side.

He then had to consider if he wanted to sit through a two week trade period, while a club like Hawthorn had to wrangle together a set of top picks to appease the Giants.

His decision to stay at GWS was linked inextricably to his “free agency” being a mirage, and they sold it to him with the captaincy and ambassador payments on top of that.

Being magnamimous in trading was fine whilst we were waltzing around at the top of the ladder for 7 years.

No more noblesse oblige, we need to be more like junkyard dogs...we are down in the streets again, we need to leverage that power. Scrap for everything we can get for ourselves.

If the PSD means bargaining for a better outcome, regarding drafts or trades, we need to maximise it.

I would expect nothing less. Fairness be damned!

Remember the Veale Deal? That's the mentality we need.

[gets off soapboax]

Last edited:
Forget cerra, forget kelly.

It'll be draft
Trying to improve the current hand
Potential Value later trades/acquisitions

Cerra is the exception to the rule.
Has a decade of elite footy left in him.

If he can be acquired while still retaining a first round selection we need to do all we can to make it happen.

If we aren't interested in him then I have no idea why. His strengths are everything we'll be trying to draft with our first selection.

If he can be acquired while still retaining a first round selection we need to do all we can to make it happen.

If we aren't interested in him then I have no idea why. His strengths are everything we'll be trying to draft with our first selection.

I doubt it's a matter of not interested, it's more of a matter of convincing him to come to Hawthorn in our current position. Richmond are in our old position where they can sell him a dream. We'd have to sell him a rebuild.

Being magnamimous in trading was fine whilst we were waltzing around at the top of the ladder for 7 years.

No more noblesse oblige, we need to be more like junkyard dogs...we are down in the streets again, we need to leverage that power. Scrap for everything we can get for ourselves.

If the PSD means bargaining for a better outcome, regarding drafts or trades, we need to maximise it.

I would expect nothing less. Fairness be damned!

Remember the Veale Deal? That's the mentality we need.
[gets off soapboax]
This is how it was when Clarkson first arrived. So many average footballers who were selected on sheer effort, surrounded by highly talented kids who learnt work ethic from them.

There was an article about Kelly's 8 year option earlier this year. It stated that there was a way for GWS to weasel out of it.

Finish last and get Horne and have Cerra walk into the PSD. ... I can dream !

I doubt it's a matter of not interested, it's more of a matter of convincing him to come to Hawthorn in our current position. Richmond are in our old position where they can sell him a dream. We'd have to sell him a rebuild.
Richmond aren't in that position though, theyre scrapping into the eight this year with the vast majority of their talent 29+. Their cap is tight and cant offer anything close to the $$$ Hawthorn have.

Time for Hawthorn to start playing hard ball.

enough of the you scratch our back and we will scratch yours nonsense.

we have let veteran champions go for a bag of twisties to help set up other clubs

We have pretty much helped the entire league with the coach’s we have trained up and then let go with all our IP.

Time to up the ante .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we have let veteran champions go for a bag of twisties to help set up other clubs

We have pretty much helped the entire league with the coach’s we have trained up and then let go with all our IP.

Time to up the ante .
No doubt.
No more free lunches.

Time to up the ante .
We can only hope.

So, FA'S. What do we know? All I've heard is we have heard interest in FA Lachie Schultz. Can walk for nothing. Other than that, perhaps a nibble on Cerra? We definitely need to hit the draft hard so our first rounder is off the table...

"Not so fast Carlton... Adam Cerra’s move to Ikon Park is reportedly not yet a fate accompli.

The wantaway Fremantle star has begun meetings with Victorian clubs via video call from Perth in his bid to return to his home state, reports AFL Media."

Bit of a faux par from the journo to butcher the spelling there like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back