News 2021 Trade/Free Agent News and reported targets Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not to discuss current Hawthorn players and whether they’re tradeable, who they're linked to or what you think they’re worth.

This thread is about our Trade targets at other clubs that are linked to us via media(not facebook pages).

Reminder, we are also not thinking up trade hypotheticals of how you would get it done in here, or asking what these players we are linked to are worth.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I think Tigers do get Cerra who Blues are hoping for as well. If Blues miss they go after Mitchell and we get their first

Yay… everyone’s happy!
B7451ECA-2FEC-47DE-8FA4-041EE46CCBE0.gif

Richmonds cap is supposedly tight
Freo’s cap is supposedly tight
Cerra will probably want good coin which Richmond probably can’t offer & Freo prob can’t help out.
We can help out Richmond by paying a good portion of Toms wage in return for better draft picks

Adrian Dodoro

Team Captain
Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Numerous people..we are one of pretty much every Melbourne club in his ear
I haven't been able to find an article linking him to Hawthorn specifically apart from speculation and "Victorian clubs".

There has been just as much speculation on Titch going to Calrton, and he is reportedly open to "Victorian clubs" which does include Carlton.

Is talking about Cerra really that much different than talking about Carlton as a suitor for Mitchell?

GerryLewis

All Australian
Nov 10, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Not sure we'd be prepared to part with the draft capital of Cerra picked the Hawks (we ain't real attractive right now). The only way would be IF Tom moved on and that is entirely based around Tom Morris speculation.

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Richmonds cap is supposedly tight
Freo’s cap is supposedly tight
Cerra will probably want good coin which Richmond probably can’t offer & Freo prob can’t help out.
We can help out Richmond by paying a good portion of Toms wage in return for better draft picks

Richmond now have the luxury of being one of the premier "destination" clubs. Pretty confident Cerra would accept unders to go there if he leaves freo. He would be mad to choose Carlton though, they are an absolute rabble. He would honestly be much better off coming to us and doing it tough for a couple of seasons until we come good. Go to Carlton and who knows who his coach would be next year, or go to Hawthorn where it will be either Clarkson or Mitchell, I know who id choose

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They could offer Freo two firsts.

If Cerra is returning home, Richmond are in the box seat...and Tom will remain a Hawk...
No way two late first rounders is enough for a top 5 pick 2 years ago that's actually showed promise. There two first picks will be hardly better than our 2 second rounders.

No way two late first rounders is enough for a top 5 pick 2 years ago that's actually showed promise. There two first picks will be hardly better than our 2 second rounders.
Yeah, but what if you were Cerra? Hawthorn and Richmond equally desirable?

If Cerra actually does want to return home, Freo would trade for less...or watch him go to North for nothing. Cera's wishes are the key point, not just what the clubs have

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, but what if you were Cerra? Hawthorn and Richmond equally desirable?

If Cerra actually does want to return home, Freo would trade for less...or watch him go to North for nothing. Cera's wishes are the key point, not just what the clubs have
That point it's almost worth just letting him walk, young player I doubt cares that heavily on wining flags an extra 200-300k a season of 4 years would be more appealing.

daniel23

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cerra does love freo so if he leaves I think he will want to get the best possible deal for them at the same time. Maybe it give us a a slight chance with better draft capital for freo and money we can offer him .

No way two late first rounders is enough for a top 5 pick 2 years ago that's actually showed promise.
That point it's almost worth just letting him walk,
These two ideas are mutually exclusive...

Richmonds two first are really no different to our seconds, and Freo may as well let him walk rather than doing a deal for two firsts???

Good luck keeping your job as Freo's list manager if that's the approach

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
These two ideas are mutually exclusive...

Richmonds two first are really no different to our seconds, and Freo may as well let him walk rather than doing a deal for two firsts???

Good luck keeping your job as Freo's list manager if that's the approach
Being facetious on letting him walk, delusional to think two pick 17*+ will get the deal done, a reasonably fair trade is always worked out.

Adrian Dodoro

Team Captain
Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That point it's almost worth just letting him walk, young player I doubt cares that heavily on wining flags an extra 200-300k a season of 4 years would be more appealing.
At this point it is, but the season isn't over yet and in recent years average players have developed so much value in the off season just from 1 or 2 teams in a frenzy over a player that can fill a role and who's acquisition would please the fans. By the time the finals are over I think there will be a few clubs fighting over Mitchell and raising their offers. After all he is far better than average

Being facetious on letting him walk, delusional to think two pick 17*+ will get the deal done, a reasonably fair trade is always worked out.
We traded one pick 14 for Tom Mitchell. We got one pick 23 for Brad Hill. Deals like Essendons for Shiel have muddied the waters, but two firsts IS a fair trade for a very good player, if the player wants to leave, and the club is resigned to this.

If he's contracted, this doesn't apply...

With enough manipulation you can make stats say almost anything. Not as much of a sport thing though.

In sports, stats are just stats. They never tell the full story but often give a good idea about what’s going on.
The numbers will tell you whatever you want, if you torture them long enough...

I think the most unhigned thing on BigFooty is that the moderators created this thread to be the grounded realistic trade talk area where we only talk about trades we are connected to, and delete posts they feel are too far fetched.

Yet there is 2 whole pages about Harry McKay, I am blessed to be in the presence of such gifted satirists. Keep deleting posts about Mitchell being traded to the club his father played for where his business partner plays, and keep signalling through the 'Big Mac' talk - doing gods work
Some of us work for a living....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back