News 2021 Trade/Free Agent News and reported targets Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not to discuss current Hawthorn players and whether they’re tradeable, who they're linked to or what you think they’re worth.

This thread is about our Trade targets at other clubs that are linked to us via media(not facebook pages).

Reminder, we are also not thinking up trade hypotheticals of how you would get it done in here, or asking what these players we are linked to are worth.

Kelly apparently looking to get back to Melbourne.

He might not want to come to us, but surely we at least have a chat......would be great for our midfield on the outside

Kelly is a perfect fit for us because of his versatility and ability with ball in hand, but with his performances this year you'd not be paying overs for him. If we could get another first, pay that and our second for him while keeping Pick 2... that'd be perfect. Money isn't the issue, only picks and his desire to come to us.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Kelly is a perfect fit for us because of his versatility and ability with ball in hand, but with his performances this year you'd not be paying overs for him. If we could get another first, pay that and our second for him while keeping Pick 2... that'd be perfect. Money isn't the issue, only picks and his desire to come to us.

Would be as a free agent or nothing for Hawthorn given the salary. You'd have to be a contender to justify giving up more than band 1 compo to the Giants like Geelong with the Cameron trade.

I'd love Kelly and agree that he's a great fit. How much can another club convince him to knock off his 8 year x $8mil option? I reckon the Hawks and Essendon could frontload something like a 6 year x $800k-$900k deal, while North could match anything.

Would be as a free agent or nothing for Hawthorn given the salary. You'd have to be a contender to justify giving up more than band 1 compo to the Giants like Geelong with the Cameron trade.

I'd love Kelly and agree that he's a great fit. How much can another club convince him to knock off his 8 year x $8mil option? I reckon the Hawks and Essendon could frontload something like a 6 year x $800k-$900k deal, while North could match anything.

Oh he's a free agent, my bad - I forgot.

Sep 22, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Roys SFA
The only thing they can't offer, which matters the most, is not being North...

derp de derp

Team Captain
Feb 25, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kelly apparently looking to get back to Melbourne.

He might not want to come to us, but surely we at least have a chat......would be great for our midfield on the outside

If anything Newcombes inclusion showed us we need more quality mids not less.

If our salary cap is as reported we would be negligent not to ask the question about Kelly.

Averaging a goal a game this year, would compliment our boys nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything Newcombes inclusion showed us we need more quality mids not less.

If our salary cap is as reported we would be negligent not to ask the question about Kelly.

Averaging a goal a game this year, would compliment our boys nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
especially if that mid has a bit of speed and can play on the outside with good skills

Lol. So they didn’t use the “all club” angle with Whitfield, coniglio, Greene, et al.
Josh Kelly: oh yeah I’ll stay and you don’t have to pay me the $8m you’ve spent on others”
There are going to have to be a some serious ambassador payments to keep the band together. The GWS cap is shared between 8 or 9 players....
giphy.gif

DeafHawk

Senior List
Aug 31, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Excuse my grammar 😎
Backline 👍a massive tick..

We need to solve the midfield problems...
1 x free agent Kelly or Merret not neccessary..
Any 2 see below:
A. Cerra
D. Tacey
B. Florini
P. Lipinski
E. Richards
E. Smith
J. Clark
Keep our 1st draft
F. Callaghan or N. Eramus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeafHawk

Senior List
Aug 31, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Excuse my grammar 😎

Any 2 see below:
A. Cerra
D. Tacey
B. Florini
P. Lipinski
E. Richards
E. Smith
J. Clark
Keep our 1st draft

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Excuse my grammar 😎

Any 2 see below:
A. Cerra
D. Tacey
B. Florini
P. Lipinski
E. Richards
E. Smith
J. Clark
Keep our 1st draft

Would be absolutely awesome if we could land Merrett as a FA, Fiorini as trade (2nd or 3rd rounder) + Eramus/Callaghan and Sonsie - could still have a big championships and stamp himself as a clear 3rd pick

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
Excuse my grammar 😎

Any 2 see below:
A. Cerra
D. Tacey
B. Florini
P. Lipinski
E. Richards
E. Smith
J. Clark
Keep our 1st draft

Do you mean D. Tucker?

Status