• Kelly and Merrett

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I know it’s hard for some people, but can we not do the “we need to trade into the first round” thing in here.

😞

It's also not the thread to discuss current Hawthorn players and if they are in form or not, and whether they’re tradeable.

Trade targets. Trade targets. Trade targets.

That means players at other clubs, and our interest in them going forward.

We don’t need anymore depth players from other clubs.

Merett and Kelly watching us play would not be one bit interested in coming to us.

We need 3 first round picks and something for us to watch with Day and CJ for the next 3-5 years and get excited about.

Watching Frosty butcher the ball and Hartigan trip over and miss targets 15 metres away is not filling anyone with any sense of hope.

Some tough calls need to be made.

Don't agree. Kelly maybe but if we keep remaining competitive no reason Merrett wouldn't want to come to us. IMO Frost's positives far outweigh his negatives, don't understand all the crap he cops each week, was terrific today. Hartigan is a stop gap until DGB comes on, cost us nothing and is a very slight upgrade on Fraweley who has proved this year that his body is cooked

Being an ‘expert’ in hindsight is rather easy
Sure, but that’s wholly irrelevant to the discussion. The point is that eventually you need to actually pay someone to improve the list after front-ending for years. That’s the point of front-ending. Otherwise you’re just continuing to overpay average players year after year if you have a weaker list that isn’t contending. Free agency offers the opportunity to pay someone who can actually improve the list while still meeting the minimum salary cap. We should be exploring that aggressively, while maintaining our draft hand

Sure, but that’s wholly irrelevant to the discussion. The point is that eventually you need to actually pay someone to improve the list after front-ending for years. That’s the point of front-ending. Otherwise you’re just continuing to overpay average players year after year if you have a weaker list that isn’t contending. Free agency offers the opportunity to pay someone who can actually improve the list while still meeting the minimum salary cap. We should be exploring that aggressively, while maintaining our draft hand
Yeah I know, I just occasionally get annoyed at posters bagging the s**t out of the club , the coach, the list manager, etc for mistakes that were made when I’m sure these people at the club know that with the benefit of hindsight, they made a mistake.

It’s easy for us to look back & say the club ****ed up, but at the time the club was doing what they thought was best to bring in the next piece of silverware.

Yeah I know, I just occasionally get annoyed at posters bagging the sh*t out of the club , the coach, the list manager, etc for mistakes that were made when I’m sure these people at the club know that with the benefit of hindsight, they made a mistake.

It’s easy for us to look back & say the club f’ed up, but at the time the club was doing what they thought was best to bring in the next piece of silverware.

I get your point but we were singing from the rooftops when we have added mature players from other teams during our dynasty so you take the good with the bad. Our time will come again for sure.

Ballarat boy Kane Farrell, running about at Port Magpies, won’t get a look in at the Power with Fantasia, Rozee, Butters, Woodcock all ahead of him. Hope we have a chat with him.

Ballarat boy Kane Farrell, running about at Port Magpies, won’t get a look in at the Power with Fantasia, Rozee, Butters, Woodcock all ahead of him. Hope we have a chat with him.

Now he’s small forward I would be interested in. Farrell is out of contract at the end of the year.

25 games
23 goals

Agreed. Wanted us to chat with him at the end of last year. The left foot is lethal.

I'd rather us offer some coin to get an immediately helpful midfielder across, or take some picks to the draft. Kane Farrell doesn't really make us an immediately better team, mainly bolsters depth which is less our issue. We need a quality player who doesn't need to be inside to have impact, but can rotate inside and give us different looks.

Kelly, Merrett or Cerra for mine. Maybe Dow if he's coming cheapish and is tired of being dropped by Carlton.

I'd rather us offer some coin to get an immediately helpful midfielder across, or take some picks to the draft. Kane Farrell doesn't really make us an immediately better team, mainly bolsters depth which is less our issue. We need a quality player who doesn't need to be inside to have impact, but can rotate inside and give us different looks.

Kelly, Merrett or Cerra for mine. Maybe Dow if he's coming cheapish and is tired of being dropped by Carlton.
Dow is s**t. Can’t kick can’t find the footy. Ferrell is a lot better then him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I know, I just occasionally get annoyed at posters bagging the sh*t out of the club , the coach, the list manager, etc for mistakes that were made when I’m sure these people at the club know that with the benefit of hindsight, they made a mistake.

It’s easy for us to look back & say the club f’ed up, but at the time the club was doing what they thought was best to bring in the next piece of silverware.

I hope we keep front-ending contracts until we are able to land a FA, or have to lock-down our promising young players.

It hasn't worked so far, but it can never be a bad thing to have money stashed away. It makes us flexible.

Heard from a mate today that the Saints have asked about and are really into one of Sicily, Impey and Hardwick.

They missed out on Saad & Williams, and want some class and dynamism out of defence to free up Hunter Clark.

For me, Sicily is just about untouchable and they'd have to pay overs for Impey or Hardwick. Can't see it happening.

Heard from a mate today that the Saints have asked about and are really into one of Sicily, Impey and Hardwick.

They missed out on Saad & Williams, and want some class and dynamism out of defence to free up Hunter Clark.

For me, Sicily is just about untouchable and they'd have to pay overs for Impey or Hardwick. Can't see it happening.

At the start of the season I'd have been interested in moving Hardwick on for their first in some capacity. However he's having a career best season and looks the fittest he's ever been.

If we were to trade one of them it would have to be him though.

If we knew Merrett was a chance as a FA would we look at Shai Bolton to give him the pay day he deserves. Would make our midfield immediately elite
Was really hopeful Brocky's relationship with him could help him come to us, but they'd expect a lot for him were he to move intra-Vic as opposed to back to WA

Dow is sh*t. Can’t kick can’t find the footy. Ferrell is a lot better then him.
I know we are in need of a big midfielder and he is 6’3 so I suppose there’s that. He’s not very fast but maybe if he tells a joke or 2 his speed won’t matter as the oppo will be too busy laughing their asses off 😂

42F3556A-B2C0-4150-AA33-A9A284B924FC.gif

Would love Bolton but you'd think he'd either stay at Richmond or go home to WA.
A lot of people said the same about Buddy
To the point where eagles fans were convinced he’d ‘come home’ to them
There were massive rumours that he was going to Freo too
Not everyone wants to go home

A lot of people said the same about Buddy
To the point where eagles fans were convinced he’d ‘come home’ to them
There were massive rumours that he was going to Freo too
Not everyone wants to go home
Shai Bolton is exactly the type of player we need. He would be the perfect link up guy for Mitchell and Worpel. Hopefully we can find a similar type of player in the upcoming draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back